*RIP*Jeff Conaway UPDATED 2011.05.27

...that i am truly thankful to be a part of the WS community. certain other crime message boards that i formerly contributed to were full of mean-spirited posters (not all of them, of course, but enough) who would "gloat" at such news (that a well-known "druggie" got "what was coming")... but everyone here, while recognizing JC's problems, still care enough about a fellow human being to refrain from catty/harsh remarks.:twocents:

I read that today -- I guess it happened Mid-May/last week, and we're just now hearing about it. I saw him on celeb rehab - dude was in terrible shape. I anticipate we'll be saying goodbye to our guy in Grease as well as Zsa Zsa Gabor this week.

Bless --

Mel

So sad, but I think we all saw this one coming. 60 years old and still needed to get high. Very sad.

OMG poor Jeff! I soo wish the man could find peace. Praying he recovers so he can have another shot at recovery!

So sad...my thoughts and prayers for Jeff and hope he recovers from this coma...JMHO

:praying:

Sad, but not surprising... in the past he has made no qualms about how miserable with life he was, due to his addictions. :(

Very tragic. I always liked him He was one of my favorites in Grease! :cry:

I read that today -- I guess it happened Mid-May/last week, and we're just now hearing about it. I saw him on celeb rehab - dude was in terrible shape. I anticipate we'll be saying goodbye to our guy in Grease as well as Zsa Zsa Gabor this week.

Bless --

Mel

Poor dude. If he and Zsa Zsa go there probably will be another one. You know the old saying it comes in threes. I've read that James Garner is not doing well.

Yeah he has been in rough shape for a while.
Then he had that bad fall when he was high. So, that increased his pain. He's had a couple of back operations I think.

I remember on CRehab, he was always asking for pain meds for his back, but that was what he was addicted to. It was horrible.

I hate to see anybody in pain, but he abused the pills so much they wouldn't even work anymore.

I would not be shocked if this was an intentional OD.

JMO

He has been suffering from the disease of addiction for a long time. I remember him on celebrity rehab also and he was in a lot of pain. He was just miserable. It's a shame to see such a young talent, not being able to get a hold of this disease. It just took over his mind and body and he could not stop. I hope he is able to pull through and maybe this will be his bottom, but somehow I don't think it will be.

This is so very sad.

His decades long struggle with addiction is so sad, but what is even more sad is whatever has made him want to self medicate and self destruct. IMHO addiction is a symptom as well as a disease. The symptom of deep psychological and spiritual pain and agony.

Hope he recovers and can find peace in his heart, soul and life.

Apparently he was hospitalized for pneumonia and sepsis, not an OD as was originally thought by JC's manager....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cel...1/jeff.conaway.hospitalized/index.html?hpt=T2

"Actor Jeff Conaway is on the "razor's edge," fighting for his life against pneumonia and a blood infection, according to a source familiar with Conaway's medical condition, who asked not to be identified."

"Conaway's manager told CNN on Thursday that he believed it was a drug overdose, but the source with knowledge of his condition said the only illnesses were pneumonia and sepsis."

Dr
Drew mentioned propofol tonight on his show
Did anyone catch why he was using propofol? or do they have him in a medically induced coma?

Dr
Drew mentioned propofol tonight on his show
Did anyone catch why he was using propofol? or do they have him in a medically induced coma?

I read today they have him in a medically induced coma and that they are using propofol.

Go easy, Jeff...and may God hold you your entire journey, and welcome you Home.

Best-
Herding Cats

I googled for his status and there is a story in the daily mail that his ex gf has blocked the family turning off his life support claiming she has POA and is his health serogate. Not sure how reliable daily mail is.

Am I allowed to post link from that site??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back