RIP Rick Namey - Rick Namey Guest/Letter to Trustee

I sure hope the trusty is going to follow through with these letters. IIRC the TMZ pictures were rumored to been bought from Splash. So of course TMZ is not going to show a payment to Casey or any of her agents. They need to keep following the money trail for the pics all the way from TMZ to the photographer. Will they??? Same with Lippman and E. There is not going to be any direct payments to Casey or agents. They need two follow the money trail till the end.

True enough. But wouldn't info forced out about how money from the Caylee Fund was spent make for good reading? :D

Thanks, gramcracker!
That's pretty much what I had read. But what REALLY bugs me, there is no $500,000 debt owed...and in my world, saying there is- well, that's like perpetrating a fraud on the Court, right?

It is fraud in most people's world, just not in the world of Casey Anthony, et al.

She will get away with this. She always gets away.

For what its worth, I looked up what those forms the Trustee sent out meant. They are called "Notification of Taking 2004 Examination " forms, and are not casual requests for assistance. They're apparently typically used when investigating federal bankruptcy fraud.

The range of materials the Trustee is allowed to demand is far wider and more inclusive than typical discovery.

And.....with very few exception, the recipients are legally obligated to hand over what is being requested. :)

The Trustee specifies that right now he is just asking for the info he requested to be turned over. Quickly. If recipients balk he has the power to subpoena. Once he receives the documents (if he does) he has the authority to order involved parties to be deposed about the documents/info in question.

Adding....my guess why he didn't send a demand for production to Baez.... legal bills (real or imaginary) as such aren't covered by attorney-client privilege, but bills that include a breakdown of services provided are, and AC privilege applies even under 2004 rules.

Which no doubt is why Jose's "bill" isn't broken down any further. Another fine example of her team exploiting legal technicalities to sheild their client from having to take responsibility for anything at any time.

My fantasy outcome: the trustee finds out that $500k of Dr. Phil's blood money went to FCA through an intermediary. That she hasn't been able to use more than a few dollars if it here and there lest she leave a paper trail. That the Trustee fingers the intermediary. That the Anthonys are brought up on fraud charges for using their murdered granddaughter's charity to support FCA. And, that FCA's bankruptcy is reversed on the grounds she committed fraud by concealing assets, and that she is jailed for at least that offense.

A girl can dream......

My fantasy outcome: the trustee finds out that $500k of Dr. Phil's blood money went to FCA through an intermediary. That she hasn't been able to use more than a few dollars if it here and there lest she leave a paper trail. That the Trustee fingers the intermediary. That the Anthonys are brought up on fraud charges for using their murdered granddaughter's charity to support FCA. And, that FCA's bankruptcy is reversed on the grounds she committed fraud by concealing assets, and that she is jailed for at least that offense.

A girl can dream......

Wow. What a fantasy! Casey Anthony being held responsible for wrongdoing--again, wow. I wonder on what planet that could ever happen. :ufo:

My fantasy outcome: We hear soon of a new sinkhole in Florida. No injuries and no one's home or property is damaged but, by coincidence, Casey Anthony is nowhere to be found and is never heard from again. Not even her keepers ever really know what happened to her....

:happydance:

My hope is that he is not going after Baez yet because he has information that Baez received money from the TMZ Ohio photos. Baez would have some serious explaining to do IMO.
Oh yeah, it will be interesting to see where the funds from the foundation which Lippman controlled went to. I don't think there will be anything showing payment to Casey. What I would not be surprised to see is a donation to the Camp's church or some other organization they are affiliated with. They are the ones that are rumored to of first housed her.
Interesting days ahead if the trustee follows through. IMO

A girl can dream......

I come to Caylee's forum every day hoping to find that her "mother" has been jailed...or lost in a sinkhole. Either will work for me. lol

I come to Caylee's forum every day hoping to find that her "mother" has been jailed...or lost in a sinkhole. Either will work for me. lol

Me too. :). It surely does feel like Karma must have gotten lost on her way to settle matters. But for me there's some satisfaction in coming here and finding there are still roadblocks getting thrown in her way, that the dolce vita won't be handed to her on a silver platter.

Let's not forget about the alligators or even the Burmese pythons which are taking hold and spreading in Florida!

My hope is that he is not going after Baez yet because he has information that Baez received money from the TMZ Ohio photos. Baez would have some serious explaining to do IMO.
Oh yeah, it will be interesting to see where the funds from the foundation which Lippman controlled went to. I don't think there will be anything showing payment to Casey. What I would not be surprised to see is a donation to the Camp's church or some other organization they are affiliated with. They are the ones that are rumored to of first housed her.
Interesting days ahead if the trustee follows through. IMO

BBM
IIRC Casey did testify in BK court that she posed for pics and signed release of the photos to Baez and that he got paid for them...but she didn't specifically state which pictures but the only ones of her after being released from jail were the, IMO, staged Ohio pics

http://news.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-speaks-bankruptcy-hearing-194653778.html
Anthony added that she "was asked to participate in" photos and licensed those photos to Baez. She didn't say what those photos were of, or where they eventually ended up — other than that she "posed" for them. She said she thinks Baez eventually sold, or planned to sell, those photos.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...04_1_zenaida-gonzalez-casey-anthony-jose-baez
Twice, she said, Anthony relinquished rights to photos of herself to her former lead lawyer. The first time, in 2008, she said Baez sold the photos to ABC for $200,000, money that was used to fund her defense.

The content and purpose of the second set of photos, given to Baez in September 2011, was less clear. Anthony said those "were pictures I was asked to participate in... I was asked to pose for a couple photographs, but that was the extent of my involvement."

She said she believed Baez sold the photos, but didn't know what he got for them.

BBM
IIRC Casey did testify in BK court that she posed for pics and signed release of the photos to Baez and that he got paid for them...but she didn't specifically state which pictures but the only ones of her after being released from jail were the, IMO, staged Ohio pics

Anthony added that she "was asked to participate in" photos and licensed those photos to Baez. She didn't say what those photos were of, or where they eventually ended up — other than that she "posed" for them. She said she thinks Baez eventually sold, or planned to sell, those photos.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...04_1_zenaida-gonzalez-casey-anthony-jose-baez
Twice, she said, Anthony relinquished rights to photos of herself to her former lead lawyer. The first time, in 2008, she said Baez sold the photos to ABC for $200,000, money that was used to fund her defense.

The content and purpose of the second set of photos, given to Baez in September 2011, was less clear. Anthony said those "were pictures I was asked to participate in... I was asked to pose for a couple photographs, but that was the extent of my involvement."

She said she believed Baez sold the photos, but didn't know what he got for them.

Right. That is what I remember too. The explaining I think that he would have to do is why he has not deducted the amount he was paid for the pictures from the $500,000. Even the bankruptcy trustee would have to realize that there is no way that while she owes him such a large sum of money that she is just going to pose for these pictures for nothing. Either she did it to clear the bill or she got some of the cash. Casey said she signed over the pictures to him. She should be forced to produce the document, and Baez should be deposed and have to answer about the money from the pics. I could be wrong, but if a large payment comes back to Baez from the Ohio pics, then I think he could be in trouble with the court for fraud. IMO

Right. That is what I remember too. The explaining I think that he would have to do is why he has not deducted the amount he was paid for the pictures from the $500,000. Even the bankruptcy trustee would have to realize that there is no way that while she owes him such a large sum of money that she is just going to pose for these pictures for nothing. Either she did it to clear the bill or she got some of the cash. Casey said she signed over the pictures to him. She should be forced to produce the document, and Baez should be deposed and have to answer about the money from the pics. I could be wrong, but if a large payment comes back to Baez from the Ohio pics, then I think he could be in trouble with the court for fraud. IMO

That's assuming they are really investigating the possibility of fraud. It doesn't appear they did much until there was a public outcry.... they were all ready to wrap it up! They got the $25K for her life story rights, which was the amount they were due for their work, and that was as far as they were going.. IMO

It's been so quiet in here. Nothing new in days. Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice (and/or karma) can sometimes be a really slow moving train, not too much has changed since I've been gone!.... I had an ulcer that perforated in my stomach 8+ weeks ago. My mom would check on this case for me from time to time (she was my trial buddy), and, as usual, I was always hoping to hear she'd been busted. But. Not. Yet.... They must REALLY have that girl on lock down (with a little pamperin' to keep the fisties at bay), cuz there's no way she's walking the straight and narrow on her own accord... It must be a full time job for that "team" of hers to keep the felon from rising up from within and making a premature appearance! :waitasec: ... But, they're hiding the devil, that's who they're hiding - time will never change her. Someday, when CM has no where else to put her, she'll get tossed out like garbage and she WILL show her true colors... What cheered me up was when I checked here (doing catch up) and I saw there's been some activity regarding the trustees and subpoenas! I hope this leads to something, and at the very least, maybe, just maybe, there's been some sleepless nights for the spineless killer and her associates!... That would be a-okay with me.

A girl can dream......

That's a really good dream! Too bad we all know the above is the truth, but all we can do is fantasize about it. The truth isn't the truth in this case, it's fantasy... When it comes to fca the truth always gets woven into fantasy and then somehow discarded. It's such a disappointment that Sweet Caylee keeps taking a back seat to her mother's continuous, unrelenting abuse of her and the system. But, I don't feel sorry for the system, they've squandered so many opportunities to stop fca. Caylee's the victim, and I feel horrible for her...

I think everyone's stuck with a lot of anger because we've had to watch her pathologically lie to everyone, but especially infuriating is all the lying under oath, and to the Judges and jurors faces, then watch her walk free and continue the abuse in civil court. One day she says something's a fantasy and the next day it's real - depending on which court she's in and what case she needs to make a story up for. A needs to talk to B, and figure out what she's up to! There's a laundry list of legal and ethical lines they've crossed. How many times can someone lie under oath before someone in the justice system decides they're sick of her mocking them?...And all we can do is sit around and dream about how totally cool it would be if the truth was a part of this whole mess...

All jmo.

Yes, here is the document. http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/55220170.pdf No expectation of any further payment. This doc asks Florida to take over her legal expenses, which was granted. I have sent this to the Bankruptcy trustees, no idea if they have acted on it or not..

Again, they don't seem to care! Granted, we've seen a couple of subpoenas recently, and time will tell if it's nothing more than just lip service. It's a start, if they're serious about it this time we will see a lot more action on their part stemming from those subpoenas... We saw how little effort the trustee/his attorney put into investigating Jbaez the first time around! What went on during their conversations? Why was he left out of the recent subpoenas? Jbaez is nothing but a bully and a liar, I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear there had/has been some serious intimidation going on behind the scenes. Even if it were just subtle manipulation/bullying over the phone or during their conversations, how hard is it to request an itemized bill?

According to the Florida Bar Assoc (illegal and unreasonable fees), Jbaez can't charge her a fee that another attorney would find unreasonable - that's the standard - and, in criminal court, the fee HAS to be based on her current (and past) circumstances (employment, assets, etc), if it's based on the future, especially related to the outcome of the trial or case, it would be a contigent fee, which are illegal in criminal court. And what attorney would find it reasonable to charge a bum, with no job or job history to speak of, no assets, incarcerated, facing the death penalty, etc, half a million dollars? And she was declared indigent for cryin' out loud... Not to mention, she and her attorney told the court, both in the courtroom and on paper, that no more money will be exchanged!.... IF, IF, IF that bill for $500,000 is correct (it's not) - which apparently the trustee accepted it as legit - the only REASONABLE conclusion is Jbaez based that fee on future income, based on the outcome (acquittal) of the trial, which is an illegal fee. To be honest, I always assumed there was an arrangement/agreement between the two, being such a high publicity case, that IF he got her off she agreed to pay him back (and then some). He was out trying to hire them both a publicist before the dust even settled on the not guilty verdict! Clueless me had no idea that type of fee agreement was illegal. Kind of explains why they're all covering their rearends and lying about why they've all been babying her, protecting her, housing her, etc. They don't love her and think she's this super awesome person, they just can't say they're protecting their investment... Now if they went out and made money related to the case after the acquittal just because, that's fine, just as long as it's not based on her owing them for the criminal trial.... CMason has only said he wants to recoup the $600,000 (I hear it's 1 million now) he lost, he's careful not to say she actually OWES him that! So he pretends like he's raising her just cuz he's such a nice guy and everyone wants to kill her, nothing more... I guess that's why her bill has increased by $400,000?.... Pro bono my arse.

But, either way, whether the $500,000 fee is (a) unreasonable due to her circumstances at the time (and that they signed and told the court no more was owed) or (b) it being based on the outcome of the trial, both appear to be illegal fees. I would love to be a fly on the wall and know how Jbaez was able to explain the fee to the trustee without setting off any red flags or even a simple investigation into his claims? We saw Watkins' work log. Other than a few conversations with Jbaez, there was nothing done to verify this crazy fee .... Idk, I'm not a lawyer or a trustee, but this doesn't make any sense to me... See if anyone can make more sense of it??? I just can't figure out how this bill got by!

http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrtfb.nsf/FV/A8644F215162F9DE85257164004C0429

All jmo.

BBMin

It seems whatever Jbaez sold those photos for should've been requested by the trustee because it relates directly to her value. I don't understand why it wasn't figured in, regardless of whether she gave Jbaez consent and was just some clueless little bystander who "participated", and asked no questions :rolleyes:. Seems like any past sales, licensing, etc, whether through her, her family, her attorney(s), are simply proof of what future purchases could be... Even if she lies or plays dumb/innocent (like always) and tries to say her family or atty did it, it still goes toward her value and possibility of money she could collect herself. And just because she says (lies) she signed a release and has "NOOO IDEEEAA" what Jbaez sold them for doesn't change the value. So, next time she stages a pic and doesn't release the rights to anyone, the money goes into her pocket. But I guess that's okay with Meininger and Watkins, as long as they get their $25,000! And any money made through licensing (ABC) is more proof of future opportunities, she still owns the rights. Pretty easy to figure out what the value of those pics/videos are... Again, after seeing the logs turned in by Watkins it's quite obvious very little effort or care was put into uncovering her value. I agree with Zsa Zsa, the $25,000 was no coincidence, it appears to me that this number was more about them, and getting what they could to cover themselves, then it was about finding out the true value and what fca could possibly collect after this is all settled. Some effort, any effort really, would've been nice.... More justice denied for Caylee. It's her value anyway, she's the real story.

All jmo.

I am so glad that you are back with us after recovering from what sounds like a life threatening emergency.
I hope there will be no lasting effects for you to contend with.

Thank you for your excellent post (as always) which seems to cover everything nicely.
We have heard that FCA is already going out to the bars, parties, etc. Imagine how wild she will get when the BK and suits are done!
We would love for the trustee to follow the money trail, but I believe he is only requesting info to satisfy public demand and not to get at the truth.

I am so glad that you are back with us after recovering from what sounds like a life threatening emergency.
I hope there will be no lasting effects for you to contend with.

Thank you for your excellent post (as always) which seems to cover everything nicely.
We have heard that FCA is already going out to the bars, parties, etc. Imagine how wild she will get when the BK and suits are done!
We would love for the trustee to follow the money trail, but I believe he is only requesting info to satisfy public demand and not to get at the truth.
Thx watcher! I had some problems last winter, tests showed my gall bladder needed to come out so I had it removed in February. We now know I also had a stomach ulcer that was missed, the gall bladder turned out to be a very unfortunate coincidence. Without going into all the yucky details, it wasn't fun. I had my share of set backs (nothing abnormal considering) but my body is finally starting to rebound after lots of awesome care! And great friends and family too! ( and lots of narcotics :what: )....

And I fully expect this second look by the trustee will turn out to be a big, fat nothing too... Past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior, so I'm not allowing myself any expectation or hope that this will turn out like I think it should... I've been burned too many times. But, I'll keep waiting... I might have to sit through more of her bs and lies, but she'll eventually be tossed out by her keeper, and she will return to doing what she always does. And then she'll stumble across another Yuri Melich, who will show her exactly where her above the law attitude will land her... And if that party lifestyle bug has taken over, she's not stopping. So it will happen sooner rather that later. It's quite obvious she feels entitled to her freedom and is just itching for it! To go out, party, and be seen is all she wants in life. No keeper is going to stop her, the life of her own daughter couldn't stop her. I think it's exactly why she killed her... But, I hope she keeps it up, and everything unravels. Like usual. She can only do right for so long, that's just who she is...

All jmo.

I am sorry to report Rick Namey has passed away from a heart condition.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Rick's loved one during this tragic time.

R.I.P.

https://www.facebook.com/RickNamey

Rest In Peace~

My thoughts and prayers to his family and for all of you, who have dedicated so much of your lives to keeping Caylee Marie's memory alive.

Sweet Slumber Rick -x-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back