Robin Williams found dead inside his home

I understand what you're saying, but we don't know the dynamic that existed between them. He may have become agitated if she tried to talk to him about problems or show concern, and she'd learned to leave him alone at these times because he would eventually come out of it.

I don't know so I'm looking at her as a victim. JMO

I know from experience that family members with a mental illness can get hostile if you seem to be checking on them too much, or they can work really hard at hiding it too. I worked my butt off hiding my OCD before I was on meds which fortunately for me, do work. I didn't want anyone to give me special treatment or worry about me. My brother who has bipolar disorder sleeps a lot. My Dad who lives with him wouldn't attempt to wake him up unless there was an emergency. He sleeps with the door open so it's easy to make sure he's still alive though. I personally can't sleep with my door open but my brother likes a lot of air circulation and sleeps with headphones on with the radio programs playing so I guess he is not bothered by household sounds. My brother does not like to be questioned, so I accept it when he wants to share something and leave him alone when he doesn't want to. It's really hard to have a close relationship with someone like that and I'm reluctant to judge whether the wife should have checked him. I don't know if she did this before and he reacted badly - or not. A wife relationship is closer with more responsibility than a sister and presumably a lot more difficult as well.

My best friend was killed by the flu at age 35 because she was weakened by diabetes complications. Her husband was feeling really bad about leaving her alone to sleep late the morning she was found dead. He thought she just needed sleep. I told him there was no way to know any differently and it wasn't his fault. There is probably no way not to feel bad in that situation even if you are not to blame.

If you're used to a family member sleeping a lot you tend not to bother them unless you have to. If they are under a doctor's care and taking their meds, you're pretty much doing all that you can do other than being as supportive as they'll allow. How do you know they are having suicidal thoughts unless they tell you? I hope if anything happens to my brother that I'll believe my own words here but I probably wouldn't, God forbid. Anyone out there who is feeling suicidal, please do everything you can not to put your family through this. Don't believe those thoughts that tell you they'd be better off without you, they want you around even if you aren't perfectly healthy. I know it's exhausting to live with this and make it through another day. Please don't give up!

Thank you.

Well crafted dissent is always welcome.

I just think there is probably a woman grieving who is blaming herself for this any way. I don't think she had anything to do with it, but she's probably looking back now and reinterpreting things that showed this might be coming and she missed them. Speculation isn't cool IMO.

I agree the speculation & analyzing so soon is NOT cool.

Robin Williams was a brilliant man. I cried, was in shock when I read this news.

I remember him on David Letterman, running around the set, there was so much laughter, David Letterman didn't have a chance to stop him til he sat back down. It was incredibly awesome.

He will be missed terribly by many.

One thing I hope and pray is that he, and the way he left this world and the fight he was going through could possibly, and will shine a very bright light on mental illness, and how very lacking the need for compassion and not shame will be a catalyst for change.

How many more need to leave this world because of the shame experienced by not seeking help for fear "that" someone will think they are crazy".

I know he RW was seeking help but, I am unaware of how much nor do I know if he felt the shame others feel, all I know is a legend is gone far too soon.

All my opinion and nothing more.

A photo friend of mine took of Robin Williams on the set of "What Dreams May Come", in Montana.
Great movie, beautiful picture, beautiful person. RIP Robin Williams
7e1f148f943a41e7f9ec528ca9c537b4.jpg

Robin and Koko, this made me bawl.
Koko the Gorilla with Robin Williams.mp4: http://youtu.be/GorgFtCqPEs

All posts are MOO

Awww...The power of animals. Even Robin, who was always talking, in those moments, just "listened". I think this is the man Robin truly was. A very gentle, sensitive, man who just wanted to be loved, not always for his talent, but just because. Koko pointed to the picture on the cover of the DVD. I am sure she recognized Robin and put the man with the movie.
I hope Koko is ok! She looks absolutely devastated.

Zelda Williams Suspends Social Media in Wake of Father's Death
By Taryn Ryder

Snipped:

"I will be leaving this account for a [sic] but while I heal and decide if I'll be deleting it or not. In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends," she shared on Instagram alongside a photo of a butterfly. "Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary. There are a couple throughout, but the real private moments I shared with him were precious, quiet, and believe it or not, not full of photos or 'selfies'.

"I shared him with a world where everyone was taking their photo with him, but I was lucky enough to spend time with him without cameras too," she continued. "That was more than enough, and I'm grateful for what little time I had. My favorite photos of family are framed in my house, not posted on social media, and they'll remain there. They would've wound up on the news or blogs then, and they certainly would now. That's not what I want for our memories together. Thank you for your respect and understanding in this difficult time. Goodbye. Xo."

bajloGsl.jpg

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...edia-in-wake-of-father-s-death-150000165.html

Robin Williams Fans Turn Toward Visions of Him in Heaven in 'What Dreams May Come'
Kevin Polowy, Senior Editor
Aug 12, 2014

Snipped and BBM:

In a 2013 Reddit AMA, one fan of Dreams – who confessed that she “wept like an emotionally disturbed infant” watching it — asked Williams the most valuable thing he learned from the role. “That every moment in life is precious? That the gifts of your relationships with others, don’t miss it,” he answered, adding: “That was one of the hardest movies I think I ever did in my whole career. Every day was literally hell, because of the nature of the subject matter, dealing with death and being in hell literally.”

iCN5CTo.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/robin-williams-fans-turn-toward-visions-of-him-in-94564567702.html

I do not see her as a culprit by any means, Steely. However I do not think she took on the role of partner and spouse to a loved one with bi-polar and or depression. I also find it hard to believe she was not aware of his struggles.

I am married to an addict who has been clean for 20 years. I am very sensitive of his needs and his demons that exacerbate his desire to self-medicate.

In 20 years, he has not relapsed, and that makes him a rarity, but I am ever vigilant because when you are committed to a person with emotional issues or addiction, you also commit to their disease. You go into it eyes wide open.

I can say, because of my experience, that not checking on a loved one who has been in a down cycle for months is indicative of "checking out".

It does not make her responsible for Robin's suicide. That is all on him. But it does give pause that if she were so disconnected from him, might that have not been BECAUSE of his depressive state, but rather the TRIGGER for his condition.

If his relatively new wife was already in a separate bedroom, not concerned with her husband's mental state, what does that say about her love for him? And if you are a person suffering from depression, might the indifference of the person whom you trust the most be a trigger for the most dangerous reactivity for a depressed person?

That is all I was intimating. Only I have probably said more in this post than in previous ones, and mods, I apologize if this is a no-no. I just want to emphasize the importance of being PRESENT for loved ones who are addicts, depressed, or living with other emotional pain.

When you commit to a person who is battling _________, remember that you, too are battling__________.

This is just awful. Really.

Diff'rent Strokes star Todd Bridges issues apology after criticising Robin Williams' apparent suicide as 'a very selfish act'
By Shyam Dodge For Mailonline
Published: 01:41 EST, 12 August 2014 | Updated: 03:25 EST, 12 August 2014

Snipped:

Diff'rent Strokes star Todd Bridges took to Twitter to criticise Robin Williams' death just minutes after it was reported on Monday.

The 49-year-old TV veteran quickly deleted the posting, which called Williams' untimely passing 'a very selfish act', before issuing a series of apologies.

article-2722588-207663C200000578-640_634x231.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...in-Williams-apparent-suicide-selfish-act.html

I caught that too and I think he did slip and tried to cover by saying "or a note". I believe he left a note of some sort.

I hope he did. I think that would make it easier. A very, very close friend of mine commttted suicide many years ago. I have always wished he had left a note, just to better understand. We knew he was depressed over a break up, but he was only 21, handsome, funny, smart, so much going for him. We have all experienced heartbreak and break ups, yet he took his life.

A note would have helped me and his family. At least I think so.

Is anybody else bothered that his wife left the house without saying goodbye or checking on him? Once someone is diagnosed as depressive, they become vulnerable. He had a lot of money. He's been dealing with addictions and depressions for years...why check-out now? Unless we find out he was recently diagnosed as terminally ill, I have some suspicions. JMO

I am so disappointed that people have to come here to throw shade at a grieving family. This isn't a suspicious murder, it isnt' EA, LE has made if absolutely clear it is a tragic suicide. I can assure you that everyone who has ever been close to him is already beating themselves up, but it's nice to know there are plenty of people willing to pile on anyway.

I'm out of here. There are plenty of real murders on this board to read about.

RIP Robin Williams. You were a comedic genius and a kind and generous man. The world has truly suffered a loss and I will mourn you and honoryou by not disrespecting your family.

Obviously that will need to be done elsewhere.

My brother killed himself less than three months ago after life long struggles w depression. Perhaps I need education but Im so very p*ssed at all this.

JMO

Some say Robin Williams was a coward.

I say he is a HERO.

That he somehow managed to not only live as long as he did with his crushing, brutal disease but THRIVE at his craft for decades in spite of it - to gift us with movies, laughs, love, wisdom, his generous charity and make our world a much brighter, happier place - it proves his profound perseverance, his extraordinary strength and fierce will.

It’s crystal clear that Robin Williams was in love with life.

Constantly fighting for your life is mentally, physically and spiritually exhausting. I’ve looked at many photos of him the past two days - I noticed that the past year or so he looked so very tired.

Illness, infirmity and death will come for all of us eventually - it just came much too early for our dear, beloved Robin Williams.

Fly among the stars and rest well, Robin.

Well done, sir, so very well done.

My brother killed himself less than three months ago after life long struggles w depression. Perhaps I need education but Im so very p*ssed at all this.

JMO

No, Darlin', you need time...time to grieve, time to be angry, time to feel the what if's and if only's and should I haves, time to search for answers...and someday there will be understanding, acceptance...and peace.

REED SAXON / AP FILE16 hours
Deadly Stigma: Robin Williams' Suicide Exposes Silent Epidemic
BY TONY DOKOUPIL

Warm, funny Robin Williams wasn’t so alone when he died in an apparent suicide on Monday, leaving behind his grieving family and a nation of bewildered fans. Recently self-harm has been taking more lives annually around the world than war, murder, and natural disasters combined. In more advanced countries, only three causes of death steal more years of life expectancy, according to data prepared last spring by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

And yet suicide remains a largely silent epidemic, the rare top-10 cause of death that fails to inspire celebrity sing-alongs, bake-sales, and all-night telethons. Last year the Centers for Disease Control flagged self-harm as “an increasing public health concern.” But even with grabby data—like the fact that U.S. suicide deaths now outnumber deaths by automobile accident—the subject drifted off the op-ed pages and out of the public mind.

(Snipped, more at link)

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ro...liams-suicide-exposes-silent-epidemic-n179206

If this was to be a memorial thread only... apologies. I thought it was a discussion. I don't no that anyone mentioned murder... but I haven't read the entire thread. IMO it's not "darker" to discuss a theory other than suicide. No one is jumping into an erotica discussion that I am aware of. Sitting in a chair with a belt wedged in the door jam of a closet are details that had a question mark for me. If this was an accident it is still heartbreaking. Focusing only on the possibility of the depression/suicide aspect and using his death to talk about depression and how awful it is (and it IS) just may be sweeping another danger under the rug. IMO there isn't enough to rule out the fact this might not be a depression caused suicide, and could be an accident caused by another growing problem ...that could be discussed to help others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back