Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't RC get his own place. He is married and has a wife and child to support? He will be 26 yrs old and still living at Granny's.

It could be, in the absence of all of the biased embellishment, conjecture, supposition, character assassination, and outright distortion simply the quite predictable result of the circumstances she alleged in her report.

Since people seem to like lists...

She told them she didn't want them to come over.
They came over against her explicit wishes ... in the night.
She told them she didn't want to go with them.
According to another participant they attempted to compel her to go with them.

If you were to set aside all of the extraneous commentary I mentioned above and judge only on those statements, ones made primarily by the petitioner for the restraining order and made well in advance of the petition for the order itself, would you really find it difficult to understand why she pursued that route?

I'm puzzled as to why it is necessary to contrive explanations beyond this simplest, most straightforward one.

I'm puzzled too.

With the list you made, did you notice a common theme? Misty is smack in the center of the entire incident...strange how that happens!

Her father is conflicted about RC.
Very confused, and possibly weak man. OTOH he may be in self-preservation mode.
--
Or Mr. Croslin was given an offer he couldn't refuse. Yes, don't you love the drama? I'm sure that he is concerned about his daughter. My daughter called me once and my son-on-law had slapped her, two days after coming home with a new baby and a caesarean. I immediately went over and had a face to face with my son-in-law, I ended up calling LE because he just didn't believe that I would. It was either that or take matters into my own hands. I was prepared to do both. I gave him a choice.

Why doesn't RC get his own place. He is married and has a wife and child to support? He will be 26 yrs old and still living at Granny's.

My thoughts? I believe that he is very comfortable with women taking care of him.:crazy:

...or it could have been 5 minutes. We don't know. I think this whole thing should be tossed as it stands now. But, I'm very curious to hear about why MC wanted her family to come over. I'd like to hear their (Hank Jr./Sr.) version as it might shed some light on what's happening behind closed doors. There has to have been a reason for them going there. Even if the reason isn't valid, I'd still like to know what's going on.
(bold above by me)

Me too.

Oh. Wait. She didn't

No. Wait. That's not right. She just said that she didn't, but she, of course, was lying. It was when she (allegedly) told Hank that she did want them to come over, that's when she was telling the truth. Of course he wouldn't lie. It's not like he had gone to someone's house at night and been embroiled in a physical altercation which, absent his version of the story would have been completely, utterly, and without reservation the consequence of his unprovoked actions.

It could be, in the absence of all of the biased embellishment, conjecture, supposition, character assassination, and outright distortion simply the quite predictable result of the circumstances she alleged in her report.

Since people seem to like lists...

She told them she didn't want them to come over.
They came over against her explicit wishes ... in the night.
She told them she didn't want to go with them.
According to another participant they attempted to compel her to go with them.

If you were to set aside all of the extraneous commentary I mentioned above and judge only on those statements, ones made primarily by the petitioner for the restraining order and made well in advance of the petition for the order itself, would you really find it difficult to understand why she pursued that route?

I'm puzzled as to why it is necessary to contrive explanations beyond this simplest, most straightforward one.

Me thinks that you need to back up to the start of this soap opera. The part where Misty called and screamed and cried for help to leave Ron. Then go about your overly extensive description of the situation.

No need for anyone to twist logic. Misty cried out for her family to come over, they came over, Ron attacked them, Misty supports Ron. Drama happened. Misty looks really happy coming out of the police station.

Middle of the night.....hahahaha....now we begin to see why there is such a misunderstanding over what time CS's arrival at "mid morning" means!

To me middle of the night is from about 2 am to 4 am......and 10:45 is more like late evening! All in one's interpretation!

Why was Ron wearing sunglasses at 10:45 ?

I know...but her family claims that she did...I'd like to hear from them. Personally, I think something has been going on for at least a couple of days. It sounds as if Misty may have actually called them, but not today...or last night. Their repeated calls to her may have been a follow-up to that phone call. Just would like to hear what they have to say.
You already have heard it from them, in their statement to LE. Be confident that you will get to hear it some more. You also heard it from her that she didn't, that quite to the contrary she told them not to.

It really doesn't matter what Misty may or may not have said at some hypothetical past time, during some conjectured past phone call.

I'm sorry that I can't find any other way to phrase this, but it seems that you have decided not to believe Misty's own statements when she makes them herself, because those statements are inconvenient to what you want to believe, but instead you choose to believe other statements she is alleged to have made, allegations which come from someone whose self-interest regarding a premeditated disturbance of the peace is very much at stake.

Since Misty's veracity or lack thereof is such a popular play-toy how about this for a hypothetical...

Maybe Hank's telling the truth too. Maybe Misty was lying to him during one of your hypothetical earlier calls. Maybe she went all 'little sister' but then later on realized what a bone-headed move that was where chest-thumping 'good ol' boys' were concerned and tried to turn it off. Unfortunately the pin was out of the grenade, and pushing it back in won't help. A few six-packs of courage later the Croslin Gang is "off to the rescue"...

hello everyone :) long time no see

if it's not one thing...it's another... no matter who is at fault or wrong here, i just want Haleigh to be found :)

hello everyone :) long time no see

if it's not one thing...it's another... no matter who is at fault or wrong here, i just want Haleigh to be found :)

Good to see you here girl:blowkiss:
And you are right and your avatar says it all..........DRAMA is the standard fare sad to say for these families.

IMO the reason Misty's story doesn't match anyone elses is because Ron didn't have 4-8 hours to coach her this time

And it will most likely change a few times within the next few days.

I can't wait until the phone records are available. I would bet next years salary that Misty indeed called them crying and shrieking that she wanted out of that house.
Later on she changed her mind after she alerted the heck out of her family, IMO.
Like I said in an earlier post--This type of scenario happens thousands of times a day. If everyone would stop and LOOK at it objectively without all their defenses up, maybe it would come to light for you.

Honestly, I could care less about any of these people involved. I want the perpetrator of the crime committed against HALEIGH (remember her?) to be punished--yesterday!

Pressure, pressure, pressure. Mark my words, this is the beginning. IMOOC.

And just how are the phone records going to tell you if she called crying or not? It won't tell anyone what was actually said. Misty claims that her brother had been calling her all day. Those are the records I want to see...because her records could just show she was calling him back.

I just feel ashamed at this talk that Ron is right again. I am sure Misty called, I am sure they came because she was distraught, I'm sure Ron convinced Misty it was a bad idea under his manly voice.
I have been here all too many times. I remember calling my friends to come get me because I had just had the s**t beat out of me. I would leave then he would shoew up and start telling me how sorry he was, it would never happen again and beg me to come home. My self esteem was so low I would believe him and go back, things would be fine for a few weeks and he would be doing it again. Once when I tried to move out and was staying with friends he showed up at 12:00am banging on the door threating to hurt my friends for helping me I could never get away from him he always found me. I was Misty's age 16 when I got with him and finally got the nerve to leave 6 months before my 19th birthday.
People could never understand why I would go back or stay. When you are put down all the time to where you have no self esteem you do not feel like you deserve better or this is the best you'll get because they tell you that on a regular basis. He also would always tell me that he would hunt me down and kill me if I left.

:blowkiss: Please don't feel ashamed. You made a better life for yourself and you are spending your free time worrying about another. I'm proud to post with you.

You already have heard it from them, in their statement to LE. Be confident that you will get to hear it some more. You also heard it from her that she didn't, that quite to the contrary she told them not to.

It really doesn't matter what Misty may or may not have said at some hypothetical past time, during some conjectured past phone call.

I'm sorry that I can't find any other way to phrase this, but it seems that you have decided not to believe Misty's own statements when she makes them herself, because those statements are inconvenient to what you want to believe, but instead you choose to believe other statements she is alleged to have made, allegations which come from someone whose self-interest regarding a premeditated disturbance of the peace is very much at stake.

Since Misty's veracity or lack thereof is such a popular play-toy how about this for a hypothetical...

Maybe Hank's telling the truth too. Maybe Misty was lying to him during one of your hypothetical earlier calls. Maybe she went all 'little sister' but then later on realized what a bone-headed move that was where chest-thumping 'good ol' boys' were concerned and tried to turn it off. Unfortunately the pin was out of the grenade, and pushing it back in won't help. A few six-packs of courage later the Croslin Gang is "off to the rescue"...

BBM
You mean similiar to her statements about the night Haleigh went missing ? The changes in her recollections of the evening the pink shirt and other important factors... hypothetical of course..:rolleyes:

I'm puzzled too.

With the list you made, did you notice a common theme? Misty is smack in the center of the entire incident...strange how that happens!
What's strange about it. They claimed she's the reason they went there.

Who were you expecting, a mystery lawyer from Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member