Ron's possible plea deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the links posted previously indicated that it was the SA who asked for the time to "iron out" the details of the plea agreement. In this photo (#9), the SA is standing right there and it seems reasonable to assume there was no objection from the SA.

http://photos.jacksonville.com/myca...043077&CategoryID=9088&picnum=49&move=B#Image

Lets first hope the SA believes Ron will give up information about Haleigh, something concrete, something provable, something with results. Lets hope if not, there is zero deal ever.

That is kinda what I was trying to say, that I hope the plea deal includes information about Haleigh's case and not just the drug dealing. Thanks for saying it so much more clearer than I did.

Makes me sick to think the loving father of a missing child would not have come foreword with what he knows, but will use it to make a plea in a drug case for his own benefit. If that's what he is doing. IMO

he man/cub walks like a dufus. Needles inserted between his toes, in his neck, in his arms and we won't discuss his other favorite place for needles. I never recovered from DFS leaving Butterbean in Putnam County for an entire year with this pathetic group of pillbillies and now we have him smirking and smiling in the Courtroom for his trial.

Did he wear his gold jewelry with his prison blues today. I noticed it on his mugshot. They changed his picture on the mugshots and put up one from 2004. I guess rc gets to choose his best pose from all of his different arrests. What is going on in our correction centers? It used to be a current one with the arrest. The inmate didn't get to pick and choose.....:banghead:

:drink:
I think the public down theere who pay taxes need to get involved and find out just what the hey is going on.....Drugs have darn near ruined that place and it would appear the LE is a slack bunch.......:banghead::banghead::banghead: There is a baby missing, and Ronald Cummings is right smack in the middle of it (one way or another) as well as drug trafficking,,,,,What in the hey is going on??????:furious::furious:

That is kinda what I was trying to say, that I hope the plea deal includes information about Haleigh's case and not just the drug dealing. Thanks for saying it so much more clearer that I did.

Thank you lone, that is what I was trying to say and many didn't like it. Ronald MUST have something he is going give up regarding Haleigh. If he weren't involve himself (how could he) in her murder, maybe he could say he was told where her body is.

I want her body to be found and placed in a beautiful cemetary.

Ronald Cummings Near Plea Deal, Aug. 20 hearing was scheduled to finalize that plea agreement.

Cummings Remains Held On Drug Trafficking Charges

UPDATED: 12:38 pm EDT July 19, 2010
"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/24307123/detail.html

PALATKA, Fla. -- Ronald Cumming will be held in jail for another month as his attorney tries to finalize a plea agreement with prosecutors on drug trafficking charges.

Jury selection for Ronald Cummings' trial was set to begin today, the judge was told there was a tentative agreement that Ronald would agree to plead guilty to three of the five counts if the other two were dropped. A Aug. 20 hearing was scheduled to finalize that plea agreement.
If Ronald Cummings were to be convicted on all five charges, he could receive a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 yr.

Sykes said, the family wants the best deal for Ronald -- one that gets him home as soon as possible.

Given the brevity of today's events, we're giving everyone a lot of leeway to express themselves. Please stop yourselves from bashing the players, however.

I know, it stinks! Where is the justice? Even if RC had nothing to do with Haleigh going missing, his drug history precedes itself and I think he should be held accountable for each and every charge!

LOL, I have been biting my tongue for months on this board.

It's so hard not to point out his flaws when he so arrogantly thumbs his nose at the laws, the courts, LE, the SA, etc. And I will never believe he had nothing to do with Haleigh going missing; his lifestyle had everything to do with it as it put her in harm's way on many levels.

It's all about drugs...what happened in February 2009 as well as what's happening now, and they need to finally impound this stray cat.

Ronald Cummings Near Plea Deal, Aug. 20 hearing was scheduled to finalize that plea agreement.

PALATKA, Fla. -- Ronald Cumming will be held in jail for another month as his attorney tries to finalize a plea agreement with prosecutors on drug trafficking charges.

Jury selection for Ronald Cummings' trial was set to begin today, the judge was told there was a tentative agreement that Ronald would agree to plead guilty to three of the five counts if the other two were dropped. A Aug. 20 hearing was scheduled to finalize that plea agreement.
If Ronald Cummings were to be convicted on all five charges, he could receive a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 yr.

Sykes said, the family wants the best deal for Ronald -- one that gets him home as soon as possible.

Asked if there's anything new with the Haleigh investigation, Sykes said if there is, no one's told the family.

"As far as we're concerned, Haleigh is alive, adding that until someone shows her proof otherwise, "we're looking for a live little girl." " Sykes said.[/QUOTE]

BBM

What on earth is wrong with the media that they did not follow up with a question to Ms. Sykes as follows:

And could you tell us exactly what it is you are doing to find a live little girl?

This makes me furious. She sounds like Cindy Anthony.

Well, isn't that just fine and dandy! Teflon-Ron rides again, and GGS "wants what's best for RC. Did any of these folks ever care about what was best for HaLeigh? Poor little girl never had a chance :(

I've had to back away from this case out of sheer frustration over things like what happened today. I'm saddened to think that there might never be justice for HaLeigh. jmo

Well, if her interpretation of "What is best for Ron" matches my interpretation of "What is best for Ron", then he needs to keep his butt in prison for life without parole.

So once again he's going to come out smellin' like a rose. Why am I not surprised. I hoped today's outcome would give me reason to reconsider my opinion on how things roll over there in PC. This news just reinforces it. The Croslins are gonna fry, and little Haleigh will never get justice. :(

he man/cub walks like a dufus. Needles inserted between his toes, in his neck, in his arms and we won't discuss his other favorite place for needles. I never recovered from DFS leaving Butterbean in Putnam County for an entire year with this pathetic group of pillbillies and now we have him smirking and smiling in the Courtroom for his trial.

Did he wear his gold jewelry with his prison blues today. I noticed it on his mugshot. They changed his picture on the mugshots and put up one from 2004. I guess rc gets to choose his best pose from all of his different arrests. What is going on in our correction centers? It used to be a current one with the arrest. The inmate didn't get to pick and choose.....:banghead:

:drink:

OMG - You are the funniest ever! I'm printing this out and putting on my office wall!!

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ings-father-reaches-tentative-plea-drug-cases

"Misty Croslin, who was married to Cummings for a brief time after the disappearance and who was watching Haleigh the night she vanished, is one of those arrested in the drug case.

Her attorney, Robert Fields, said Cummings' agreement will not change how Croslin's case is handled.

"Ronald's obviously cutting a deal to testify against her," he said."

I guess we'll get to hear about how Misty forced Ron into dealing drugs.........It's awful how that girl controlled that man..................:woohoo:

Remember when Ron REQUESTED to be moved into GP? Perhaps he is learning things there to "snitch" on others and is waiting it out to get info to plea. Who am I kidding? I don't understand ANYTHING anymore

I think I understand it completely, but I'll get a time out if I say it.

Maybe some of the locals need to write a letter to the Judge . Maybe also include the long list of his arrest record for over the years .Also ask why all he ever gets is a slap on the wrist .It might do some good if the Judge gets enough letters.Or maybe not.I am just so mad right now .Poor HaLeigh .

Will the public get to hear what the plea entails? In other words, will any information that Ron may offer up be heard in the courtroom on August 20, 2010 or will it be just for those chosen few to know?

One of the links posted previously indicated that it was the SA who asked for the time to "iron out" the details of the plea agreement. In this photo (#9), the SA is standing right there and it seems reasonable to assume there was no objection from the SA.

http://photos.jacksonville.com/myca...043077&CategoryID=9088&picnum=49&move=B#Image

Lets first hope the SA believes Ron will give up information about Haleigh, something concrete, something provable, something with results. Lets hope if not, there is zero deal ever.

I still do not understand why this judge would give Ron another 30 days. He had already denied a continuance, gave him a date of July 9th to plea, and then today all that was just thrown out the window. For what I ask? Ronald has had since Jan to give up info, regardless of what kind of info. Yet today he manages to get 30 more days to piss away. Sorry if I sound rude, just really irritated. :furious:
Ron will still end up in front of the judge before Misty, Donna, and Hope's appeal. I wonder if Tommy will manage to have his sentencing hearing continued, I would not be the least surprised.

Ronald Cumming will be held in jail for another month as his attorney tries to finalize a plea agreement with prosecutors on drug trafficking charges.

Hank Jr.(Tommy) NEXT SENTENCING 08/06/2010

Misty Croslin has a trial date for August 23, 2010 on the Putnam cases & at St.John's. (IMO, that will be a reason to cont. both of these hearings.)
Misty's "last chance plea date" is on August 16, 2010 to work out an agreement with prosecutors.

BROCK, DONNA MICHELLE 9/1/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY SENTENCING

SYKES, HOPE A 07/15/2010 71 APPEAL

07/16/2010 72 ORDER FROM FIFTH DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL GRANTING

07/16/2010 72 MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME (8/13/10)

Will we get to see the letter GGS wrote to the judge? Probably not until after it's over, but we will get to see it then, right?

Asked if there's anything new with the Haleigh investigation, Sykes said if there is, no one's told the family.

"As far as we're concerned, Haleigh is alive, adding that until someone shows her proof otherwise, "we're looking for a live little girl." " Sykes said.[/QUOTE]
BBM
What on earth is wrong with the media that they did not follow up with a question to Ms. Sykes as follows:

And could you tell us exactly what it is you are doing to find a live little girl?

This makes me furious. She sounds like Cindy Anthony.

LOL
I was thinking the same, AS must had been drinking the Cindy Kool-aide.
And to add....
Do you think Ms.Sykes Ron and MC were looking for a live little girl while they were out buying and selling drugs?
These people make me sick!

Will we get to see the letter GGS wrote to the judge? Probably not until after it's over, but we will get to see it then, right?

It was probably just an invitation to a Celebration Pig Picking for when Ron is released from jail in August! :woohoo:

Thanks for the update on today's proceedings.

While many of us are not happy with the month extension in order to work out a plea deal, perhaps the plea deal the DA wants is something Ron can't agree to so far and that's why a court session was waved in front of this face today.

I choose to think another month might just give LE what it wants in forcing Ron to own up to giving up information about his daughter's disappearance. I'm not looking at this as a break for Ron, but more leverage and power for the Prosecution. That thought is going to get me through the next month.
jmo

AND there is definitely something up IMO. There have been interesting arrests and I would love to be a fly on the wall in PCSO jail during this period. It is almost as if they are trying to discover where all these drugs are coming from, a common denominator so to speak. Early this morning, someone broke into RCs X-g/f's house or car (coincidence? IDK) It is believed that she knows who the "big dogs" are also.
Is Ron snitching to make his plea? One has to wonder ...
He is facing several years in the big house and this is a serious matter.
His delay will make the two Croslin's continue to wonder just what their fate may be.
I have no problem with him sitting in Putnam County for as long as necessary for LE to figure out this whole damn mess - this is obviously not "just about drugs" - LE is trying to solve a missing child case! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname