Rue McClanahan Has Died

Betty White: Rue's Death 'Hurts'

Originally posted Jun 3rd 2010 8:34 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

White states, "Rue was a close and dear friend. I treasured our relationship. It hurts more than I even thought it would, if that's even possible."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/03/betty-white-rue-mcclanahan-golden-girls-statement/

sbm
Poor Betty. I hope she can take comfort in the fact that the nation grieves with her.

RIP Rue:angel:
Thank you for being a Friend
Traveled down the road and back again

Golden Girls Theme Song
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQzUEc_FmI[/ame]

Loved all the golden girls, what a hoot Rue was!
She is missed by so many!
R.I.P. Bet she is having a blast with her friends in heaven!!!

Rest in Peace Rue. Prayers for your family and your many friends. We love you.

Hello WS :)

I wanted to say 'bye' to Rue McClanahan. I love the Golden Girls. I was a teen when the show was on in the 80's. I watch the reruns on TVLand and the shows have more and more meaning for me as I get older too. Bea, Rue, Estelle and Betty are amazing talents. Singing, dancing, comedy, they were from an era in Hollywood when (please excuse my opinion) people had to have talent to be called a star. Classy Girls all the way. :blowkiss:

Betty is staring in a new show on TVLand, good for her! She was on Saturday Night Live recently and it was one of the funniest shows of the season.

Bye, bye Rue. Thank you so much for so many hours of entertainment. None of us is gone for long, soon we all come home. Blessings.

Hello WS :)

I wanted to say 'bye' to Rue McClanahan. I love the Golden Girls. I was a teen when the show was on in the 80's. I watch the reruns on TVLand and the shows have more and more meaning for me as I get older too. Bea, Rue, Estelle and Betty are amazing talents. Singing, dancing, comedy, they were from an era in Hollywood when (please excuse my opinion) people had to have talent to be called a star. Classy Girls all the way. :blowkiss:

Betty is staring in a new show on TVLand, good for her! She was on Saturday Night Live recently and it was one of the funniest shows of the season.

Bye, bye Rue. Thank you so much for so many hours of entertainment. None of us is gone for long, soon we all come home. Blessings.

You said everything I wanted to say, I just didn't know how to put it into words. Thank you for your post......

One of my favorite episodes with Rue - When Dorothy's lesbian college friend Jean visits and falls in love with Rose. Blanche is incensed when she didn't fall for her!!! The clip below is 9 minutes long but well worth watching.
Cambria, when I started reading this thread I began to recall my favorite "Blanche" moments. The one that immediately sprang to mind was "the lesbian" episode and the scene where Sophia tells Blanche that Dorothy's friend is a lesbian. Blanche doesn't think it's a big deal, and when Sophia asks, "Aren't you surprised?", in pure Blanche fashion, she smoothes the hair behind her ears ands replies, "Of course not. Isn't Danny Thomas one?" That line and her reaction moments later when she finally catches on are classic Blanche Devereaux, as funny now as the first time I saw it. Thanks so much, Cambria, for providing the clip. And thank you so much Rue, Bea, Estelle, and Betty for bringing these beautiful characters to life.

Cambria, when I started reading this thread I began to recall my favorite "Blanche" moments. The one that immediately sprang to mind was "the lesbian" episode and the scene where Sophia tells Blanche that Dorothy's friend is a lesbian. Blanche doesn't think it's a big deal, and when Sophia asks, "Aren't you surprised?", in pure Blanche fashion, she smoothes the hair behind her ears ands replies, "Of course not. Isn't Danny Thomas one?" That line and her reaction moments later when she finally catches on are classic Blanche Devereaux, as funny now as the first time I saw it. Thanks so much, Cambria, for providing the clip. And thank you so much Rue, Bea, Estelle, and Betty for bringing these beautiful characters to life.

LOL! I know, that whole Danny Thomas thing was so funny...Blanche thinking Lebanese and lesbian were the same thing! You're welcome for the clip. Every time I see an episode of the Golden Girls, I laugh just as hard as the last time I saw it. The humor is timeless.

That's hilarious! From the link above:

They say cats have nine lives. Well, it seems Rue McClanahan, the consummate cougar, has had at least three.

News of the death of the Emmy-winning actress who played the bawdy Blanche Devereaux on the hit TV series "The Golden Girls" was trending on Twitter and Facebook Thursday. Strange, given that McClanahan passed away five years ago. Even stranger: The same thing happened last year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back