Rush Limbaugh's Lack of Respect

Details said:
South Park I never thought much of - until I heard about their cartoons on Scientology and the whole Islamic cartoon mess - they did a great job illustrating how the censorship works, hypocricy, etc. Still don't watch them, but a bit more respect perhaps, for saying things that needed to be said, when news agencies were being intimidated into silence.
If nothing else you have to sit up and at least take notice of South Park. Sort of like Rush love 'em or hate' em you sure do notice them.

JBean said:
Sort of like Rush love 'em or hate' em you sure do notice them.
He'd be hard to miss! ...especially if I was driving! Unfortunately my brother is "his biggest fan". :loser:

IrishMist said:
Wellll, we kinda veered off subject- but the original topic was Rush Limbaugh!
smile.gif

Do you have an opinion on that wind bag? Oops. Sorry, I mean radio DJ?
biggrin.gif

HA HA! At first I thought you were calling me a windbag :eek: but I know who you meant. ;) I don't pay much attention to the things he spews, it's almost always verbal diarhea!

The problem I have with him saying what he did about MJF is how desregarding he is to the plight of those with such an illness. My hubby has MS and although we are blessed because he is doing exceptionally well it saddens we that there are those that would mock or ridicule a person suffering from a chronic and debilitating disease.

I have to wonder how far from his seat RL would fall if he ever picked up a mug of coffee only for it to fall from his numb hand and burn his chest and lap as his loved ones stared at him in confusion and fear. How'd he like to try and stand up after waking in the morning only to find himself falling to the floor.... it sucks, it really really does. And I doubt anyone suffering like that could say the things RL has. :(

My sweet friend who is only 50 suffers severely from Parkinson's. It is so painful sometimes just to listen to her speech, which has been very affected. She is nearly housebound now and, at times, required round the clock care when her meds were not working well. She fell down her stairs so many times that they had to sell her 2 story house and move to a one story after she cracked her pelvis and had to be hospitalized for weeks. I dare that blowhard Limbaugh to walk a mile in her shoes and then we'll talk. Otherwise, he should just shut that gaping sh**hole in his face and go the F away.

While I'd never wish illness on anyone, it would be nice if you could afflict Limbaugh with 30 days of full blown Parkinsons. I despise Limbaugh.

Malapoo said:
While I'd never wish illness on anyone, it would be nice if you could afflict Limbaugh with 30 days of full blown Parkinsons. I despise Limbaugh.
I believe that what goes around, comes around... if not in this life, then in the next. Ol' Rush is building himself up some baaad Karma!

IrishMist said:
I believe that what goes around, comes around... if not in this life, then in the next. Ol' Rush is building himself up some baaad Karma!
He's already gone deaf for goodness sakes!

IrishMist said:
Oh man, I couldn't agree with you more. I think he's finally jumped the shark.

What Rush did, I think, may have unintended consequences. It has really brought the whole embryo controversy to the forefront and will cause more people to learn about the embryos, or pre-embryos, whatever they want to call them. As people learn more, they will see the hypocrisy of the pro-life position. Extra embryos have been created in the in-vitro process for about 20 years now. They have been discarded for about 20 years too. Why is it only wrong to discard them when they are being used for research to help sick people? Why don't we see these folks picketing in-vitro clinics to protest the destruction of embryos every day?? Why do they try to hide behind the boogie man spectre of cloning?? If the goal is to preserve all human life at any point beyond the fertilization of the egg, why aren't they interested in preserving the lives of 46 year old actors or 30 year old truck drivers?? Maybe we should thank Rush for bringing this issue out in the larger arena so that the vast majority of our country that have their heads on straight can take the political clout away from a small fringe group of right wing extremists.

JBean said:
He's already gone deaf for goodness sakes!
And his deafness was caused by his addiction to massive doses of painkillers!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back