Russell Brand & Katy Perry to divorce

Her songs seriously make me wanna SLIT MY THROAT with the exception of E.T....especially the firework song...

he freaks me out 'cause he has really weird eyes like Charles Manson

I agree with those who said marriage is not taken seriously enough - you don't get to just give it a year & then walk away - or at least you shouldn't be able to

I never thought they were a good couple. They just didn't seem to match. He makes my skin crawl and I think she is so talented. Oh well...they lasted longer than Kim Kardashian!

Katy Perry WANTED Russell Brand to file the court papers in their divorce because she didn't want to upset her religious parents.

Katy and Russell knew the relationship was on the rocks a couple of months ago but didn't want to give up on the marriage without making a concerted effort to work things out.

Since Katy's parents are evangelical Christians, we're told she didn't want to be the one to officially end the marriage by filing the docs since she was raised to believe divorce is wrong.

http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?i...erry-divorce-russell-brand-religious-parents/

She's been wanting to date me for quite some time, so this is not a shock to me either. I'm waiting for you Katy! :crazy:

You just want to date her *advertiser censored*.You ain't foolin this gal. :seeya:

Russell's sharp-witted, extremely funny, and quite eloquent. He's very entertaining, even just to watch his facial expressions and mannerisms.

I think he may be underestimated by some because he's not mainstream.

I haven't seen much of his work, only interviews on network television, and a few videos online.

He'd be an interesting person to sit next to at a dinner party, or have lunch together. Not saying he's "marriage material" or even "dating material". His old website had him bragging about conquests with 3,000 women...but maybe he was just joking. He is a comedian, after all.

I'm not into Katy's music, but I know she kissed a girl and she liked it. ;) Since Russell filed, maybe he kissed a man and he liked it. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just saw today his pre-November video promo for his U.S. college tour. It had him doing a funny routine about sororities and fraternities and ended with him removing his wedding ring and walking off-camera saying he was putting it in storage for the tour...

Ohhh he's funny as fluck...just needs a bath.

He's a little too crude for me.

This link was just tweeted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...TO=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Russell Brand and Katy Perry split after 'she put fame ahead of children'

Russell Brand’s marriage to Katy Perry collapsed as he became exasperated over her refusal to put her career on hold to start a family, it was revealed yesterday.

(snipped - more at link)

One said: ‘I don’t think Katy really understood what marriage was about. I don’t think she was prepared to give up her career.

‘This wasn’t one of those occasions when Russell was mucking about, he wanted to settle down and have a family.

‘I don’t think that’s what Katy wants. I think she’s very confused. They’ve been speaking a lot.

Kimberly,I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day!

Thank you! Same to you!!!
Well New Years Eve was fantastic. Had a blast and home safe.

Plan to eat a big lunch of cabbage (money) and black eyed peas (health) tomorrow.

Bring on 2012! I'm ready!!!

Always sad to see people who seemed genuinely in love break up.

on ellen in november, katy says she wanted children...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJft068iegw"]Katy Perry Talks About Having Babies - YouTube[/ame]

and in early december, russell seems a man very much in love...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6qQZPuh118"]Russell Brand Discusses Rumors About His Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

doesn't exactly fit with that report about her not wanting kids... but maybe the problem is merely timing... and instead of giving up -as they seem to ADORE each other- they could negotiate a timeframe (maybe 2 years) as to when to begin a family. whatever the case, i'm sad for them. hope they figure it out.

I like him, very entertaining (reminder: he is an entertainer) as I said before...

Hopefully he will find a lid to his pot (every pot has a lid).

I always thought the two of them were so mis-matched. What did they have in common except both being in show business? They just seem like completely different people.

I always thought the two of them were so mis-matched. What did they have in common except both being in show business? They just seem like completely different people.

They seemed mismatched to me too. He may be funny and I would probably like him more if I heard him on audio only but I can't watch him, he's just a little too grungy looking, it gives me the heebee jeebies when I look at him.

sad when marriage is made a mockery . . .

on ellen in november, katy says she wanted children...

Katy Perry Talks About Having Babies - YouTube

and in early december, russell seems a man very much in love...

Russell Brand Discusses Rumors About His Marriage - YouTube

doesn't exactly fit with that report about her not wanting kids... but maybe the problem is merely timing... and instead of giving up -as they seem to ADORE each other- they could negotiate a timeframe (maybe 2 years) as to when to begin a family. whatever the case, i'm sad for them. hope they figure it out.

But if there is an issue like this, they should work on it. 14 months and someone runs to file paperwork? To me, that's crazy. You only do something like that in cases of abuse, drugs, infidelity, etc. Here he is at the beginning of the month talking about "til' death do us part" and only days later, really, someone files for divorce? That quick, huh?

sad when marriage is made a mockery . . .

I agree.

This link was just tweeted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...TO=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Russell Brand and Katy Perry split after 'she put fame ahead of children'

Russell Brand’s marriage to Katy Perry collapsed as he became exasperated over her refusal to put her career on hold to start a family, it was revealed yesterday.

(snipped - more at link)

One said: ‘I don’t think Katy really understood what marriage was about. I don’t think she was prepared to give up her career.

‘This wasn’t one of those occasions when Russell was mucking about, he wanted to settle down and have a family.

‘I don’t think that’s what Katy wants. I think she’s very confused. They’ve been speaking a lot.

I think one of the main problems was Katy's incessant partying. Russell went through hell to get and stay sober but Katy kept on dragaging him to all of the parties and hot spots, not very considerate of her, imo.
He deserves so much better and I hope he finds it someday.

I think one of the main problems was Katy's incessant partying. Russell went through hell to get and stay sober but Katy kept on dragaging him to all of the parties and hot spots, not very considerate of her, imo.

do you have a link for this? thanks.

he dated her for quite some time before they married... surely he knew what her partying ways were/weren't (since i have no info to go on) when he proposed, no?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saucebat
Back