Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 489296

These are the streets from which police have specifically requested CCTV from homes and businesses, from around the time that Sam disappeared.
They are in between Eureka St and Mt Clear ... closer to Eureka St.

Google maps
The Dozed Track road ( very much in the centre of the intensive Mt Clear police search ) runs north of Recreation Rd heading towards those above mentioned streets in the suburb Canadian… an easy exit from the scene … Dozed Track in my walking experience has minimal vehicular traffic despite being in good condition.
Just my opinion but that direction would be a smart move for a perp to transport a deceased person for disposal somewhere … and perhaps later either in his Ute or motorcycle left the victims phone pinging in the opposite southerly direction of Union Jack reserve and south of the Buninyong golf club… areas he would be no doubt be familiar with whilst sharing the Scotsburn house sitting with his girlfriend who is from a local family there .
Just my current thoughts …

I am not sure the photo the media have used is actually his current car? My reasoning is @Dr Samoht mentioned the address and a quick google maps street view search (August '23) shows not only the bike trailer out the front but a white dual cab, and an enclosed canopy on the tray (very similar to the one in the media photo) but it is a much newer model Ford Ranger with ladders (typically used by sparkies) on the roof racks. @BGirl88 IMO the media photo could be an older vehicle he once owned, the newer Ranger would 100% have GPS.

MOO
Thinking that could well be his father’s vehicle ?

The Dozed Track road ( very much in the centre of the intensive Mt Clear police search ) runs north of Recreation Rd heading towards those above mentioned streets in the suburb Canadian… an easy exit from the scene … Dozed Track in my walking experience has minimal vehicular traffic despite being in good condition.
Just my opinion but that direction would be a smart move for a perp to transport a deceased person for disposal somewhere … and perhaps later either in his Ute or motorcycle left the victims phone pinging in the opposite southerly direction of Union Jack reserve and south of the Buninyong golf club… areas he would be no doubt be familiar with whilst sharing the Scotsburn house sitting with his girlfriend who is from a local family there .
Just my current thoughts …

Does dozed track run into/cross Katy Ryan's road? (Which has sensory trail carpark?)

I am not sure the photo the media have used is actually his current car? My reasoning is @Dr Samoht mentioned the address and a quick google maps street view search (August '23) shows not only the bike trailer out the front but a white dual cab, and an enclosed canopy on the tray (very similar to the one in the media photo) but it is a much newer model Ford Ranger with ladders (typically used by sparkies) on the roof racks. @BGirl88 IMO the media photo could be an older vehicle he once owned, the newer Ranger would 100% have GPS.

MOO
Was the address that of his parents?
Thinking that could well be his father’s vehicle ?
Thought the same. Both electricians. A new Ford Ranger is up to 80k in Australia. A bit rich for an apprentice electrician... assuming he's an apprentice due to age

"It's understood a large part of Victoria Police's investigation was CCTV footage from around East Ballarat.

Officers recently obtained videos from a light industrial and residential area with homes and businesses in Elsworth, Joseph and Butt streets confirming police requested their security footage.

Elsworth St leads to bushland managed by Parks Victoria.

It is not known if any of the footage obtained shows Ms Murphy or any vehicles of interest.

Officers have also searched the area, which includes car detailing, roller-door and gymnasium businesses."

Makes great sense - thanks for sharing.

If I have it right, what you are saying is that even if the 2 weeks of movements they were tracking didn't involve moving or relocating items, the common movements & preferred routes would be highly valuable.
Most likely , as I see it. . He would have to be on a sort of down time, running on fumes, so to speak, for some of that time, and this is when , like all of us, we do things subconsciously. We follow the same steps to the letter box, we make our coffee in the same order of ingredients, we tidy our desk automatically, we use the same route to get to work, etc, etc.. his pattern of behaviour and his ''chosen'. .. ( subconsciously 'chosen' ) actions would be significant, I would think.

Most likely , as I see it. . He would have to be on a sort of down time, running on fumes, so to speak, for some of that time, and this is when , like all of us, we do things subconsciously. We follow the same steps to the letter box, we make our coffee in the same order of ingredients, we tidy our desk automatically, we use the same route to get to work, etc, etc.. his pattern of behaviour and his ''chosen'. .. ( subconsciously 'chosen' ) actions would be significant, I would think.
I believe LE would also be trying to learn everything they could about him, listen to all his conversations, do all the background research they could while staying quiet, in order to develop an interview strategy. They'd want to take advantage of his shock of suddenly being brought in for questioning, to ask the kinds of questions most likely to get him to confess.

That could have been the role of some of the experts brought in from other divisions, to develop a criminal profile of the suspect.

JMO

Was the address that of his parents?

Thought the same. Both electricians. A new Ford Ranger is up to 80k in Australia. A bit rich for an apprentice electrician... assuming he's an apprentice due to age
Yes it very well could be his fathers. But some apprentice tradies do go a bit OTT with their work utes

I read in an MSM article yesterday (while the thread was closed for the night) that the investigation into the accused was kept well under wraps, even within the police force. Only a certain group were privy to what was really going on.

They were minimising leaks that might make the accused react in such a way that they couldn't arrest him.

If I find the link again, I will post it.

imo

Here is the link about the covert investigation into the accused being kept quiet, even from close colleagues, so no-one other than the direct investigators would know that the accused was under scrutiny.

Even a small detail that was innocently passed along could mean info reaching the wrong ears, due to the gossip wildfire.

This is also the article that says there are suggestions that a short piece of CCTV that was received early in the investigation was key to the accused falling under suspicion.

IMO they have some good evidence to charge with murder, had a crazy thought and not sure if it's even possible but what if SM recorded some of what happened either as a video or just sound (maybe by accident when fiddling with her phone to try to dial for help, pressing wrong things in a panic), then it's saved to the cloud or something else an when LE had access to her online accounts they found it and now have some idea what happened. I am not sure about this theory but who knows?

I wonder where his girlfriend was ?

Was she at the party ? If so, did he drop her home and then go back out ?

As this was a deliberate attack, this could have been planned for a while, and he was waiting for the right moment

knowing Samantha's regular runs

Did he have any panel work done at Inland Motor Body Works before Sam went missing and was there a problem with the amount owing?

The exercise I am ( not very successfully ) referring to here is an actual thing, it was developed in the 1980's by a man called Stuart Kind, in the matter of the Yorkshire serial killer, .. ( this was before GPS and all that, but the maths and theory relate) ... called GeoProfiling.... it was originally used to pinpoint the location of the murderer, his starting point, so to speak. Where he left home from to go out and murder..

But it is also used to reckon up where crimes are perpetrated, where bodies are likely to be left, etc... .. this below is a small outline of the process...

As summarized in Rossmo (1999), key results of these studies include: Most crimes occur in relatively close proximity to the offender’s home, crime trips follow a distance-decay function, with the number of crime occurrences decreasing with distance from the offender’s home, juvenile offenders exhibit less mobility than adult offenders and patterns in crime trip distances vary by crime type.”

'At a theoretical level, these studies are based on a growing body of research that illustrates that people use simple cognitive judgements and experience to make precise conclusions (Gigerenzer & Selton (2001)). In a nutshell geographical profiling allows investigators to identify suspects by drawing a comparison between where they actually live and the forecasted location of the offenders abode. Limited research into the potential fallibility of such systems has nonetheless produced encouraging evidence, suggesting that the police search parameters can be reduced by a staggering ninety percent (Canter et al. 2000)."

( what this means, roughly, is, .. the killer followed a subconcious path to where he disposed of the body. In a state of elevated, probably not over high, but elevated stress, the subconscious makes the decisions, and the fall back is to go where he has been before. In other words, not forging a new path on this occasion. )
Even with BLC’s disposal of the bodies of the two men across Sydney, essentially it fits this theory - with the main areas he visited outside of Sydney metro, to dispose of the bodies and to wash the vehicles, being areas he has prior knowledge of through his association with people form those areas. Albeit, it’s a slightly larger radius from home than would be expected, it is not western New South Wales which would be unfamiliar territory.
A murder that always struck me as not fitting with this model, was that of Khandalyce Pearce. Which took police a significant amount of time to solve.

It looks like a Mitsubishi Triton, maybe around 5 years old. Although it could also be a Isuzu D'Max
I think I managed to find his actual make and mode by working out the rego from a blurry video still of the actual ute circulating, if I'm not mistaken it's a 2019 Izuzu Utility D'max with a canopy an a few customisations
Photo featured is NOT the accused perps car.

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Snipped for focus.
Hoping that whatever happened it was quick for Samantha, with no added tortures or indignities suffered.

Agreed.
It's looking less like an accident and more like a crime of opportunity or even an abduction with intent to harm.
Samantha was apparently well concealed as the searches have been enormous in scope for her.
Also it's less looking like a swift, drug-induced haze as there was time to consider where best to hide her ?
This would have involved some driving around with her remains in the car ?
Horrible to think of.
Omo.
Yes, the searches have been widespread and ongoing. Samantha's body does not necessarily have to have been well concealed due to the extensive range of possible locations, just within the immediate area. There's dense bushland, open range farming properties and dams for starters. Not to mention any other places the accused may have travelled in those early days.
But why would he protect possible co- perps if HIS life/freedom is in jeopardy?

Wouldn't it be better for a perp to spread guilt?

JMO
He may be solely responsible for the act, and he knows it, but have a witness(es) who may be able to be charged with something lesser and would like to protect those parties due to mateship, love, honour etc.

View attachment 489296

These are the streets from which police have specifically requested CCTV from homes and businesses, from around the time that Sam disappeared.
They are in between Eureka St and Mt Clear ... closer to Eureka St.

Google maps
You can see that from Ellsworth street that then turns into Katy Ryan’s rd and bakers rd (it forks/splits).

Bakers Rd leads to the scenic lookout, interestingly Katy Ryan’s Rd leads straight to the water tower/electricity station at recreation rd and boak Rd. Right newer where they were searching and around the 7km mark they think something happened to SM.

Edit to add: In doing thr street view walk of the area of these streets, there are quite a few dams. It just really shows the magnitude of the job of locating SM’s body. It could be absolutely anywhere! Talk about the proverbial needle in a pile of needles!

Last edited:
I can imagine how powerful the alleged perpetrator felt during all the searches for Sam if he has removed her body far away from the places being searched.

He could have turned off his phone and traveled some distance on that Sunday, telling girlfriend/mates/family he was sleeping off his hangover.

My understanding is that cocaine can give drunk people a feeling of being wide awake and hyper focused so I don’t doubt he was capable of committing a heinous act and taking actions to conceal evidence.

I am hoping he has used drugs/cocaine since the murder and engaged in some uninhibited overconfident babble to listening ears.

MOO
Most likely his father's car the street view car, it's different from the one featured on the news which is a screen shot of a video filmed by seemingly him and his mates

Last edited:
Even with BLC’s disposal of the bodies of the two men across Sydney, essentially it fits this theory - with the main areas he visited outside of Sydney metro, to dispose of the bodies and to wash the vehicles, being areas he has prior knowledge of through his association with people form those areas. Albeit, it’s a slightly larger radius from home than would be expected, it is not western New South Wales which would be unfamiliar territory.
A murder that always struck me as not fitting with this model, was that of Khandalyce Pearce. Which took police a significant amount of time to solve.
What a shocker that was.... :(:(:(

Yes it does fit the theory, BLC was making precise conclusions, based on cognitive judgements ..... BLC differs in one respect from this bloke, he has followed his solicitors advice to cough up the location of the bodies, on the grounds, the same grounds that PS will be up against, is that reluctance to be forthcoming is taken as a lack of remorse and is added on to the number of years until eligible for parole at some distant point in the far reaching future. Obviously, BLC' s solicitor got the point across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D4rckfire