Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the health data from Sam’s Apple Watch might be pivotal evidence in this case.
It appears that the exact time and location might have been known to police as soon as they were able to access the Watch data.
It is also possible that the nature of the attack might be represented in Sam’s movements and heart rate recorded by the Watch. Perhaps that is how it can be confidently described as a “deliberate attack”.

There was a case in the UK in 2021, where 53 year old Julia James was ambushed and murdered by 22 year old Callum Wheeler while she was out walking. Data from her Apple Watch was a key part of the investigation and prosecution.

We have a high profile case here in my state where the husband (allegedly) killed his wife with his vehicle. His wife was outside the vehicle, they could have been arguing (we don't know any details yet) and she was dragged by his 4WD ute and she may have left dents in the bonnet of his ute.

The charges are:
- causing death by dangerous driving
- driving without due care
- endangering life

(Melissa Hoskins case)

PS is charged with murder.
That’s really interesting and gives more to think about. Like the possible damage to a car from a similar impact. Lots of (driving related) charges in the MH case and just the murder charge in the SM case.

No details are known yet. Everything is speculation. And Melissa is no longer here to tell her side of the story. So all we will ever know is his story and what the evidence shows.

imo
So it seems in this case there may have not been enough evidence to charge with murder, where as apparently in PS case it seems they believe they do.

Yes, the paramedics got Melissa to the hospital, but she very soon died. I don't know if she was ever able to say what happened because she was (obviously) in a seriously bad condition and they were trying to save her life.
It sounds like they have good CCTV from houses there and witnesses that came to her aid

That’s really interesting and gives more to think about. Like the possible damage to a car from a similar impact. Lots of (driving related) charges in the MH case and just the murder charge in the SM case.
So far...
....just a murder charge.
Would be surprised if more are not added, hopefully not SA charges which Ive often seen only added later (or released by media later) in other cases. Imo

I think they threw every charge they could at Rohan (Melissa's husband) but I don't think the police could ever prove intent - not saying there was any intent, but the police did not jump immediately to murder then downscale the charges. Even though he obviously kept driving and dragged Melissa.

In this case they have jumped right to murder. Intent.

imo

I think they threw every charge they could at Rohan (Melissa's husband) but I don't think the police could ever prove intent - not saying there was any intent, but the police did not jump immediately to murder then downscale the charges.

imo

I bet Police found Samantha's DNA in the alleged perp's car.
That is why they slapped him with murder charge.
Also considering the alarming data from her watch.

PS
He could have allegedly put the victim on the roof of his car - there was a kind of tent packed there, no? :oops:

JMO

PS
He could have allegedly put the victim on the roof of his car - there was a kind of tent packed there, no? :oops:

JMO
I think even a big strong guy would have trouble lifting and stowing a body that high. Would be incredibly difficult and awkward.

I think even a big strong guy would have trouble lifting and stowing a body that high. Would be incredibly difficult and awkward.
Sure.
But...
He is nearly 2 m tall.
He is young, athletic, strong.
Being allegedly drugged he might have inhuman strength.
Plus adrenaline.
In panic/extreme situations ppl become extra strong.

I once saw a documentary about a drug addict in frenzy,
several men were needed to subdue him.
Several!!!

But I'm not going to argue about it hehe

JMO

Last edited:
I think they threw every charge they could at Rohan (Melissa's husband) but I don't think the police could ever prove intent - not saying there was any intent, but the police did not jump immediately to murder then downscale the charges. Even though he obviously kept driving and dragged Melissa.

imo
“In this case they have jumped right to murder.Intent.”

And they are sounding very confident. The only reason that makes sense, given there’s still no body, is that they have somehow viewed the crime and been left with no doubt about the intent.

I think the health data from Sam’s Apple Watch might be pivotal evidence in this case.
It appears that the exact time and location might have been known to police as soon as they were able to access the Watch data.
It is also possible that the nature of the attack might be represented in Sam’s movements and heart rate recorded by the Watch. Perhaps that is how it can be confidently described as a “deliberate attack”.

There was a case in the UK in 2021, where 53 year old Julia James was ambushed and murdered by 22 year old Callum Wheeler while she was out walking. Data from her Apple Watch was a key part of the investigation and prosecution.

Just crazy that a case like this (with almost identical ages of accused and victim) exists to support your theory. I see how it's plausible now.
The scurge of humanity continues to disgust me even more.

PS

JMO
BBM : But they wouldn't have had that evidence when they laid the murder charge IMO.

Just crazy that a case like this (with almost identical ages of accused and victim) exists to support your theory. I see how it's plausible now.
The scurge of humanity continues to disgust me even more.
I’m trying to find the article in February in which an officer mentioned that they knew that SMs heart had stopped. So the watch is absolutely crucial here. The JJ case is so horrible, and so similar. The poor women.

I’m trying to find the article in February in which an officer mentioned that they knew that SMs heart had stopped. So the watch is absolutely crucial here. The JJ case is so horrible, and so similar. The poor women.
I don't remember any postings around this per se, only that LE thought Samantha was dead. Would be interested if you find the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500