Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

all the more reason to hold the opinion that VICPOL advised the family to shoot north..I have never subscribed to the theory that his family 'abandoned him'... . more , to me, a case of him abandoning their values and culture by a long distance, finally, but very quickly becoming involved in a Supreme Court murder trial as the star performer. His career in crime , you could say, was short but impactful.
bbm
Never thought of it, but it makes sense also.
On the other hand: MM and his children aren't endangered?

bbm
Never thought of it, but it makes sense also.
On the other hand: MM and his children aren't endangered?
I took it as the family being 'endangered'.. or harassed and hunted by the press. .. I don't go along with the theory of bikies, and gangs and whatnot. As yet, there is no evidence that supports that theory, only theory without substance, so far. This could change, but it has not changed in the weeks gone , so far.

The press did haunt MM's place, ran over their dog, which sort of made the press pull it's horns in, somewhat, and that was the end of the press hanging about their home.

I just don't see any danger on the horizon for MM and family. As far as I know, It has not been reported, and it does not seem that the Murphy's are in any way under some sort of obvious protection operation. It could be subversive , not that I know that at all. Merely a passing thought.

Was Samantha the ONLY runner in this forest???

With a marathon coming
(for which she was allegedly practising),
it seems strange that others were not running there on Sunday morning.
8 o'clock is the perfect time for exercise.

And yet,
it seems to be a completely desolate place with only one woman jogging.
Like a deserted area.

What a strange case :oops:
Spooky!!!

Last edited:
She left to go running at 7am, not 8am. Maybe she was the earliest. The desolation is the attraction. Australia is full of desolate and silent quiet stretches of public parkland. It is what makes it AU. The area is not deserted, it is only private and secreted, a pocket of forest in farmland, on the edge of quite a large rural city.

He did not know how long he had , though. He had no idea how long it would be before she was missed or what arrangements she had made , for all he knew she had someone to pick her up at the end of the trail. He had no idea of who might come jogging thru at any moment... man, or woman.

There was at least one other person (that we know of) running in Sam's neighbourhood at that time. The person who was mistaken for Sam on CCTV. Who knows which route that person took, but they thought it was Sam - maybe heading toward the forest trails.

And Sissy was attacked at about 4:30pm on a Saturday. No-one else was around.

imo

There was at least one other person (that we know of) running in Sam's neighbourhood at that time. The person who was mistaken for Sam on CCTV. Who knows which route that person took, but they thought it was Sam - maybe heading toward the forest trails.

And Sissy was attacked at about 4:30pm on a Saturday. No-one else was around.

imo
One has to wonder what sustains him, SA . How he manages to keep silence all this time. Something must hold him up, ideaology, revenge, retribution, vindication, aspiration, something. Something rejuvenates him every day to maintain his silence.

Some do, though . Keli Lane springs to mind. She is never going to tell where Teagan's body was, never, she 'd rather sit in prison that admit to what she did., and I think this bloke is the same.

One has to wonder what sustains him, SA . How he manages to keep silence all this time. Something must hold him up, ideaology, revenge, retribution, vindication, aspiration, something. Something rejuvenates him every day to maintain his silence.

Some do, though . Keli Lane springs to mind. She is never going to tell where Teagan's body was, never, she 'd rather sit in prison that admit to what she did., and I think this bloke is the same.

Why would he incriminate himself?
Let Police/Prosecution prove his guilt.

My theory is (not final hehe)

ALLEGEDLY!!!
that the accused is a deeply disturbed youth suffering from alcohol and drug addictions.

Despite being an adult,
still depending on parents (accommodation, job).

Dissatisfied and angry at the world for whatever reasons.

With anger issues/volatile temper
(school years reports)
which are deepened by drug/alcohol abuse
(terrible effect on brain).

Angrier still by pending "fresh charges" (traffic/DUI)

Samantha was (allegedly) a random victim of a psychotic and drug fuelled episode (paranoid?) suffered by the accused.

Her body is (allegedly) not far from the crime scene.

He is silent in jail not to incriminate himself.
Besides,
I guess, he is (allegedly) fighting withdrawal symptoms of his addictions now.

This theory seems IMO to be the most obvious and simple - after reading the MSM reports of the case.

But, of course, I might change my mind later on with new info.

JMO

Last edited:
I suspect a lot of the questions we have will be answered at trial. The police clearly know a lot more than the public are aware of at the moment. They seem confident in their perpetrator and the fact that sadly Samantha is no longer alive

I suspect a lot of the questions we have will be answered at trial. The police clearly know a lot more than the public are aware of at the moment. They seem confident in their perpetrator and the fact that sadly Samantha is no longer alive

It is very significant that nobody else has been arrested and charged.

It shows IMO that he acted alone and theories about these "bikies"
(I still have no idea who they are,
like gangs?/mafia? :oops: )
or others helping him seem not to be true.

Or maybe we will see some other arrests in the future?

Nothing is certain in this tragic case.

ETA
I asked Uncle Google about these "bikies" and...ummm... it is all very ambiguous....

I see them as middle aged, weird and "macho" guys on bikes and having their "biker" clubs.
Ooops!
:rolleyes:
But then, I'm not local/Australian,
so what do I know?

Any "bikies" in my country are simply
(fanatical) hobbyists,
wearing biker jackets and bearded hehe

Proudly presenting, (constantly) repairing and driving their motorbikes.
Nothing criminal about them.

But,
every country has its own customs and traditions.

Is this a "code name" for criminals in Australia?
But why would they be soooo conspicuous??? :oops:

Oh well...

JMO

Last edited:

ETA
I asked Uncle Google about these "bikies" and...ummm... it is all very ambiguous....

I see them as middle aged, weird and "macho" guys on bikes and having their "biker" clubs.
Ooops!
so what do I know?

(fanatical) hobbyists,

But,

But why would they be soooo conspicuous???

Oh well...

JMO
Bikies in Australia, Outlaw Motorcyclist's that is, are a large portion, or once were, of the organised crime scene that resides in Australia.

Think of physically strong meatheads (typically aided by steroiduseage), drug addicted and desperately hopeless people from a young age who will sign up for fast money and a brotherhood.

Once you're in, death is the only way out.

Last edited:

ETA

Ooops!
so what do I know?

(fanatical) hobbyists,

But,

But why would they be soooo conspicuous??? :oops:

Oh well...

JMO
. . . the emergence of ‘Nike Bikies’—younger members who are attracted to OMCGs [outlaw motorcycle gangs] less for the camaraderie, freedom and love of motorcycles, and more for status and opportunities for illicit profit through organised crime activity. Empirical research . . . supports this change, noting an increasing prevalence of members with recorded histories of serious and violent offending during their teens and early twenties. Similarly, Australian OMCG members have been increasingly implicated in a variety of higher-level criminal enterprises, including drugs and weapons manufacturing, trafficking and distribution, extortion, fraud and money laundering. . . . However, debate continues over whether members are engaging in this activity independently of OMCGs, or whether OMCGs are directing it. . . .

Bikies in Australia, Outlaw Motorcyclist's that is, are a large portion, or once were, of the organised crime scene that resides in Australia.

Think of physically strong meatheads (typically aided by steroiduseage), drug addicted and desperately hopeless people from a young age who will sign up for fast money and a brotherhood.

Once you're in, death is the only way out.

. . . the emergence of ‘Nike Bikies’—younger members who are attracted to OMCGs [outlaw motorcycle gangs] less for the camaraderie, freedom and love of motorcycles, and more for status and opportunities for illicit profit through organised crime activity. Empirical research . . . supports this change, noting an increasing prevalence of members with recorded histories of serious and violent offending during their teens and early twenties. Similarly, Australian OMCG members have been increasingly implicated in a variety of higher-level criminal enterprises, including drugs and weapons manufacturing, trafficking and distribution, extortion, fraud and money laundering. . . . However, debate continues over whether members are engaging in this activity independently of OMCGs, or whether OMCGs are directing it. . . .

Thanks!
Very interesting!

I guess these "bikies" organisations are infiltrated by Police.

And LE is keeping a veeeery close eye on them.

Dangerous criminals usually operate in secrecy/undercover.
But these "bikies" clubs seem to operate in the open.

JMO

Last edited:
Thanks!
Very interesting!

I guess these "bikies" organisations are infiltrated by Police.

And LE is keeping a veeeery close eye on them.

Dangerous criminals usually operate in secrecy/undercover.
But these "bikies" clubs seem to operate in the open.

JMO
I highly doubt that police would infiltrate OMGs. As said above, you only get out of the group when you die.
Yes, they certainly don't hide.

I was merely pointing out that Samantha left at 7am. It was only about 13° then. So maybe too cool for runners that early.

I know perfectly well when Samantha left the house.

But she died at 8 am according to Police and supposedly there was nobody else in this forest,
except her and the murderer.

THAT was my point.
THAT is what makes me wonder.

<Edited by Admin to clarify>

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics