SC SC - April Deboy, 21, Greer, 30 Jan 2001 *husband arrested*

Welcome to the forum! We would luv to help in any way we can... just give us all the information you are able to.

All of April's family, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure April would be very proud of your continued fight for justice for her, and I hope you will get it soon.

Please do keep us updated.

Welcome to Websleuths, April's Family and Sister!

I can only imagine how horribly frustrating this situation is for you. May God bless you for having the courage to continue pushing your local authorities to bring her killer to justice! As discouraging as it may be to know he is walking free, please don't ever give up. Any 35 year old man who marries an 18 year old girl and murders her is a continuing danger to society, not to mention unfit to raise a child! Any effort on your part to get this man behind bars is a step toward saving his next victim's life and giving a young boy a chance to recover from whatever twisted way of life his father has subjected him to.

People here do care, even though we don't know you personally. We've seen too many cruel, manipulating spouses, (mostly men), get away with murder. Thank you fro sharing your story with us!

Susan

Today would have been April's 32nd birthday. I miss her so much, I think of her every day. I'm angry that she was taken from us. I pray that anyone with information will come forward. We all know who did it, but we just can't get the necessary evidence.

I am so sorry for your loss i was working for David at the time of Aprils death and always found some things odd to me. I was with him in a delivery truck for hours 5 days a aweek and even though we didnt discuss there situation very much it was all very strange . He didnt like it that a relative of mine was the one that had gotten April custody of tyler . I had only met April once while she was alive and she was very beautiful and sweet . I can tell you this she was the apple of tylers eye you could she him light up if you mentioned his mother. I really am sorry for your loss and i think about it from time to time and wonder if they will ever get him for it.

To April’s family, I’m so sorry about your loss. I have lived very near David in Wellford where he has been a disruptive neighbor for the entire time he has lived there. Multiple times the police have been at his house. I have seen and heard many shouting matches between he and his girlfriends/possible wives(not sure at this point). I for one am glad he won’t be around anymore. In the last year his son has moved back in with him. He has been gone for at least 10 years and suddenly showed up. I was assuming he went to live with family members since around 2008. I believe that’s about the last time I saw him there. I hope justice prevails for April.

I’m just guessing but I think that new evidence is DNA related.

Deputies said the couple was separated when a welfare check led to the discovery of her body at her apartment in Greer. The woman had not been seen for more than a week. At the time, deputies said they suspected David Deboy in the death, but there was not enough evidence to charge him, Lt. Ryan Flood told news agencies.

While I cannot fathom the hardship that families face when they tragically lose a loved one and then the case goes unsolved, I can express that our office is doing everything in our power to revisit each and every one of these cold cases in hopes of bringing eventual justice to these families,” Sherif Hobart Lewis said in a news release. “I am very proud of the work our investigators have been putting into these cold cases and it is my hope to provide even a trace of closure to everyone who has been affected by these tragic circumstances.”

Deboy is being held without bond in the Greenville County Detention Center, according to jail records. It was unknown if Deboy has an attorney who could speak on his behalf.
Two decades after wife found dead, Greenville man charged in slaying

I don’t understand why the news articles say he is from Duncan when his home and business (executive transport) are located in Wellford off Tucapau road.

I don’t understand why the news articles say he is from Duncan when his home and business (executive transport) are located in Wellford off Tucapau road.

It could be that the official address is overlapped with the other nearby places over there.

My heart breaks for Tyler. I cannot imagine how confused and torn all of this makes him feel. I want more than anything for him know what a beautiful soul his mom was. I want him to know that he was the absolute most important thing in her life and that she literally died trying to protect him. I am so thankful she can finally Rest In Peace. I miss her so much and while re-living this horrible nightmare is necessary it is so incredibly painful.

To April’s family, I’m so sorry about your loss. I have lived very near David in Wellford where he has been a disruptive neighbor for the entire time he has lived there. Multiple times the police have been at his house. I have seen and heard many shouting matches between he and his girlfriends/possible wives(not sure at this point). I for one am glad he won’t be around anymore. In the last year his son has moved back in with him. He has been gone for at least 10 years and suddenly showed up. I was assuming he went to live with family members since around 2008. I believe that’s about the last time I saw him there. I hope justice prevails for April.

Welcome, Upsfanatic!
I hope that April’s murderer will finally be held accountable and that the public will be protected from whatever further mayhem he might have continued to cause if he remained free. I was just posting yesterday on another thread, about the tragedy of children being left to be raised by their mom’s murderer in cases such as this. If David is finally held responsible for what he did to April, this could be a relief or a tragedy and very hard for their son.

I am so sorry for your loss i was working for David at the time of Aprils death and always found some things odd to me. I was with him in a delivery truck for hours 5 days a aweek and even though we didnt discuss there situation very much it was all very strange . He didnt like it that a relative of mine was the one that had gotten April custody of tyler . I had only met April once while she was alive and she was very beautiful and sweet . I can tell you this she was the apple of tylers eye you could she him light up if you mentioned his mother. I really am sorry for your loss and i think about it from time to time and wonder if they will ever get him for it.

New evidence in a new trial in 2021, what good news!

One of the posts I quoted above was made in 2014. It appears that the poster has not been on Websleuths since then. @twhite29605 I want to say thank you so much for coming to Websleuths and letting us know that you knew David at the time that his wife, April, was murdered!

I went back to the links for news articles written in 2007 but of course the articles are no longer there. If anyone reading this knows where to find my currenly active link details of the case please post. Anything from mainstream media or official sources such as law-enforcement or public records should be OK to post.

To April’s family and little sis: please feel welcome to rejoin the discussion. As you may already know, victims and their families are loved and protected here at WS.

My heart breaks for Tyler. I cannot imagine how confused and torn all of this makes him feel. I want more than anything for him know what a beautiful soul his mom was. I want him to know that he was the absolute most important thing in her life and that she literally died trying to protect him. I am so thankful she can finally Rest In Peace. I miss her so much and while re-living this horrible nightmare is necessary it is so incredibly painful.

Very glad to have you here, Friend of April!

Hello friends! Has anyone heard any updates about David Deboys trial date? I can’t find out any information. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello friends! Has anyone heard any updates about David Deboys trial date? I can’t find out any information. Any help would be appreciated.

I was just on another judicial districts site nearby and they are still talking delays with cases due to virus concerns from this past year. I’m watching and waiting on several cases that seem to be hanging and they are always slow as it is. A year plus is common even in normal times.

These 9 days never seem to get easier. Every year without fail, insomnia and Google join forces and I become consumed with 2001 like it was yesterday. Questions that I know will never be answered constantly repeat themselves inside my head while I struggle to find clarity in this very confusing place. I become consumed with a guilt that the logical part of me will never be able to rescue from the emotional part of me. It’s so incredibly intense. And like clockwork, it shows up every year. I am grateful for the progress that has been made this year in April’s case and I am hopeful that we will all finally be able to find some level of peace in the heartbreak of her loss.

I had a conversation recently with the Solicitor and he believes the trial will happen late this year or possibly early next year. Either way, it’s better than remaining “UNSOLVED.”

These 9 days never seem to get easier. Every year without fail, insomnia and Google join forces and I become consumed with 2001 like it was yesterday. Questions that I know will never be answered constantly repeat themselves inside my head while I struggle to find clarity in this very confusing place. I become consumed with a guilt that the logical part of me will never be able to rescue from the emotional part of me. It’s so incredibly intense. And like clockwork, it shows up every year. I am grateful for the progress that has been made this year in April’s case and I am hopeful that we will all finally be able to find some level of peace in the heartbreak of her loss.

I had a conversation recently with the Solicitor and he believes the trial will happen late this year or possibly early next year. Either way, it’s better than remaining “UNSOLVED.”

Thanks for the update. Even an estimate of a trial date is hard to get these days. I agree, as I follow several cold cases here on WS and locally, that are unsolved and I’m glad this isn’t one of them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back