SC SC - Brandy Hanna, 32, North Charleston, 20 May 2005

pushblazer said:
As I was cleaning house today I came across the postcard I received from America`s Most Wanted. I had sent all the info the site ask for in July of 2005 and this was their 2nd response card dated Sept.05/ 05. Thank you for writing to America`s Most Wanted.We want to let you know we didn`t forget about you . Your letter deserves our personal attention but it may take a little time because we receive so many letters each day. Your patience is appreciated,and we look forward to being in touch with you soon. Can someone tell me how long is a little time and when is soon? Its been a little over 10 months since I`ve heard from America`s Most Wanted how long am I suppose to be patient, my patience is wearing thin.

My sister Yvonne wrote this note when she signed Brandy`s Petition.
America`s Most Wanted . You are bigger than Life.You are a name well known. When you are around things tend to happen . Its not only the high profile cases that need help. Please Mr. Walsh remember where you came from and what happened, you have to have resolution of some sort. Your attention here in Charleston,S.C. would be greatly appreciated in Brandy`s case. Maybe you are what it will take to end this never ending nightmare.God gave you the Voice and Wisdom so please use it for all of us not just some.:furious:

I don't know how I could have missed this thread. I am here everyday. But, I am not apprised. I have a new peer on my job site that is former LE. He is still going to cases from 2 years ago in court. I told him my passion and he has vowed to help me.

Even though we are involved in commercial enterprises he and I don't stop when there are missing and murdered.Especially sex offenders.

If you could give a synopsis that is printable I will try to get this info out. Bless you and your hardship is now given to others to try and help.

Bobbisangel said:
If that reached the eyes of John Walsh he should have stood up and taken notice. I can remember how frustrated he was with LE and the things that he did to try and get them to find Adam. I know that they have to get tons of letters and emails daily but some of the stuff that they do on the show could have waited. Some of the cases they have profiled have been all over the media for weeks on end and probably seen across the nation.

We were very fortunate to get my daughter's case on AMW but it was our lead detective that pushed to get it aired. I'm from a small town with one main street. We don't have a lot of murders here but thank God we have an excellant LE. They did everything that was possible to find her killer. I wish that you had the same kind of LE in your town and a lead detective that was devoted to finding Brandy and what happened to her. It just ticks me off. All it takes is one detective that is determined to find your daughter...just one.

Is there anyone that you would like me to write to? I'm more than willing and would be happy to try and help get someone's attention. How about your local LE? Got the name and email address of the lead detective? I write a pretty good letter and wouldn't be snotty or anything. Just let me know. You can PM me if you want.
I think Mr. Walsh needs to remember what it was like when his son went Missing and all he went thru the Lead Detective has never given me his email. I cannot even get him to return my calls so I call him repeatly I ask the Detective to help me with this he said he would but he didn`t.

concernedperson said:
I don't know how I could have missed this thread. I am here everyday. But, I am not apprised. I have a new peer on my job site that is former LE. He is still going to cases from 2 years ago in court. I told him my passion and he has vowed to help me.

Even though we are involved in commercial enterprises he and I don't stop when there are missing and murdered.Especially sex offenders.

If you could give a synopsis that is printable I will try to get this info out. Bless you and your hardship is now given to others to try and help.
I have a website for Brandy with all the newspaper articles and info http://www.missingbrandyhanna.com

I received this response today from America`s Most Wanted. I tried to call but did not receive an answer will try earlier tomorrow.

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write to America's Most Wanted. We are
so sorry that you have had to wait for a response for such a long length
of time. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-274-6388 and speak with
Operator 2018, so we can discuss this matter.

Sincerely,
Operator 2018

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 5:34 PM
To: amwcontact
Subject: AMW.COM comment

comment_type_id : 2
comment :
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
As I was cleaning house today I came across the postcard I received from
America`s Most Wanted. I had sent all the info the site ask for in July
of 2005 and this was their 2nd response card dated Sept.05/ 05. Thank
you for writing to America`s Most Wanted.We want to let you know we
didn`t forget about you . Your letter deserves our personal attention
but it may take a little time because we receive so many letters each
day. Your patience is appreciated,and we look forward to being in touch
with you soon. Can someone tell me how long is a little time and when is
soon? Its been a little over 10 months since I`ve heard from America`s
Most Wanted how long am I suppose to be patient, my patience is wearing
thin.

My sister Yvonne wrote this note when she signed Brandy`s Petition.
America`s Most Wanted . You are bigger than Life.You are a name well
known. When you are around things tend to happen . Its not only the high
profile cases that need help. Please Mr. Walsh remember where you came
from and what happened, you have to have resolution of some sort. Your
attention here in Charleston,S.C. would be greatly appreciated in
Brandy`s case. Maybe you are what it will take to end this never ending
nightmare.God gave you the Voice and Wisdom so please use it for all of
us not just some.

email : pushblazer@comcast.net

Date Entered: 07-17-2006 05:07:13

This is great. Maybe you are finally going to make some headway with them. Please keep us posted.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]The new Detective who is assisting Detective Jourdan has tried to contact America`s Most Wanted, she has received no response either. We did get a call from Maury Povich show I did a pre interview and was ask why my daughter was different than the rest of the missing persons, now in all honesty how am I suppose to answer this, they are all equally important. Well I answered all their questions and was told the producers would call me back in about 10 minutes was even told she was making a poster about Brandy at that moment. Well I`m still waiting 3 weeks later why do people lie to us and lead us on. Does America realize how bad this situation is becoming. Adults are missing more and more and most of the time its not their choice. Meanwhile we the Family are left with this hollow feeling in our lives and no matter how hard we try there is No one to come to our Rescue There are no counseling teams, no groups to join . So we go it alone and we keep fighting, hoping and praying for the day our child is found so this nightmare will end or will it ever end. I have never had such a helpless feeling I can normally handle anything thrown at me but this is really beating me down this is a fight I`m afraid I`m not going to win.[/font]

I don't have any words of wisdom, or any thing new suggestions, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you're going through all this.

It shouldn't have to be this hard to look for your daughter.

Pushblazer, my heart just breaks for you. As a mother I cannot fathom how frustrating it must be to get no response. Could we here at Websleuths email AMW to push them to profile Brandy? I know many of us here would be honored to help in any way we can. At the very least, I will keep you and Brandy in my prayers along with all missing people and their families.

:doh: I do not understand why they will not at least list Brandy as Missing on the site. They could take all the ones that have been recovered in one way or another and I mean know disrespect to these families. But there is quite a few from South Carolina that fit this category. At least give some of the others the chance we all know how many people visit America`s Most Wanted website. I would appreciate anyone that could help me to convince them to at least post Brandy as Missing on their. They have received all the info about her July was a year ago they received the package. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they won`t help me. Thank you all for your prayers and concern a very lonely mother who misses her child.

http://www.charleston.net/assets/we...n=localnews&tableId=118859&pubDate=11/16/2006

Year and a half later, question stands
Candlelight vigil to ask again, where is Brandy?

She put it off for more than a year, but Donna Parent knew she had to do it. She had to go through her daughter's belongings one more time.

When Brandy Hanna vanished in May 2005, Parent and a friend hastily stored her things. So much going on. Not enough time to think about it. Plus, she couldn't bring herself to do it, she couldn't bear to look at it.

But a few months ago, she could no longer bear not to. She rummaged through all she had left of her first-born and there it was: a tiny ring, something she thought was long gone. Parent slipped the ring on her finger that afternoon, and it's not been off since. Right now, it's all she's got left to hold onto.

Today is Brandy's 34th birthday, and in a few days she will have been missing a year and a half.

more at link...

Happy Birthday to Donna, Brandy's mom. Thank you for being such a wonderful mom. May your pain by eased.

Kelly

They will light candles, release balloons and silently wonder once again what happened that led them to this sad ceremony.

It has become, unfortunately, a regular event.

Tonight (article dated 5/20/08), the friends and family of Brandy Hanna will hold a vigil to mark the third anniversary of her disappearance. On May 20, 2005, Hanna disappeared from her North Charleston apartment.

Since that time, there have been no answers, no leads, no clues — nothing but the vigils. And Donna Parent, Brandy's mother, always dreads it.

"It's not something you want to do," Parent said, "it's something I have to do. If I don't remind people she's missing, I'm afraid they'll forget."

http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/may/20/vigil_marks_rd_anniversary_womans_disapp41472/

Monday4 the Missing

As time ticks forward, Donna Parent wakes up November 16th knowing it is her daughter's birthday. It won't be a day of usual parties and celebrations for this event. Brandy Hanna has been missing without a trace for over three years.

Brandy had her share of life's ups and downs, but by all indications she was turning a bend in her life, living on her own, although struggling to make ends meet. The day she was reported missing it is stated everything in her apartment looked like she had just stepped out of the room. All her belongings, money, cell phone, even the glass of tea she was drinking was left as if she would be back in a second. It has been three long years and she has not come back to finish that glass of tea.

Each year's events are marked with vigils, candles, prayers, balloon releases, all in order to keep the awareness of Brandy Hanna in the public eye. Donna Parent works tirelessly with organizations to accomplish that goal, and this year she spent the evening paying honor to another missing woman, Alice Donovan. It is the united effort of all family members of missing persons that will keep these cases fresh.

Detectives have followed every lead provided them with no success in finding Brandy. Family and friends do not believe Brandy left her home on her own accord, she did not even own a car, and no one has been named a suspect yet questions still remain as to Brandy's whereabouts and what happened to her on May 20, 2005.

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
North Charleston Police Department at (843) 745-1015

CUE Center for Missing persons along with Porchlight International have helped tremendously with searches and gathering information about Brandy's case.

Lowcountry Mother Talks about Missing Child

The pain of a missing child is all too real for a North Charleston mother.

The last time donna parent saw her daughter was back in 2005.

Donna Parent worked side by side with her daughter brandy at Alex’s restaurant.

For close to four years now, Donna has lived with the fact she has no idea what happened to her.

She works six days a week to try and pass the time, but even behind the counter or at a table, the memories of Brandy's disappearance are right in front of her.

“I have a picture of her beside my bed, when I go to sleep I look at her, and I ask the picture where are you?,” said Parent.

A question that right now remains unanswered. May 20th 2005, Brandy left work, her neighbors saw her come home to this apartment. But since then there have been no sign of Brandy.

“It’s like I wish we could back, back in time and change one little thing to make a difference,” said Parent.

Parent continues her search today, handing out flyers and making t-shirts. She says as a mother the thought of giving up never sticks.

North Charleston police say they get calls every now and then on Brandy's case. With limited resources, the department says investigators do whatever is possible to solve these cases.

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0509/620715.html

If the police department has limited resources why in the world didn't they ask for help when Brandy first disappeared? I believe they have an idea who has harmed Brandy but they just needed to find the evidence to prove it. So in the meantime the killer is walking around free as a bird without a worry of being charged because he is also aware of the limited resources of the PD.

I wish Donna could afford a private investigator. Maybe there would be a chance to put this case to rest then. If I remember right LE didn't do much investigating when Brandy first disappeared. Sounds like laziness more then limited resources to me.

There is a candlelight vigil in the works.. will post more as soon as I know...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back