Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is on myspace and the profiles are private and i am a friend and i won't tell you how...also i do remember reading in one of the 50 million articles that JG encouraged B to go stating that it would do her some good to get away for awhile. Poor thing im sure he's regretting that now.

Hoping for some good news tomorrow! Prayers for her family.

I know cell calls are saved and recorded but when your cell is just registering the towers how long is this data actually saved for??

I know in other cases, LE has been able to retrieve phone pings years later.

I would love to see this because she makes the comment on JO's myspace
"Im glad we don't have to worry about that little nagging hoe anymore,i think she got the hint"."Luv ya always,no matter what" (i inserted the ") and T did have the whole Help us find B thing on her page,now it is gone.

Sorry if this has been asked....whe did she leave this comment on JO's page?? TIA..:blowkiss:

I'm going crazy trying to find that video of Tarah. The interview was conducted by a reporter who is here from Rochester but it was played on our local broadcast and I KNOW it was on the website earlier because I clicked it looking for another video on the case. I have checked our locals, scnow.com and carolinalive.com and the Rochester page WROC, I think.

Have you seen the Facebook page? She started it and says on there she is here.

"AdminsAtalia Sabella (Penfield High School)
Tarah Valentine Friedman (Aquinas) (creator)

The family, friends of the family, John, Brandon and I are doing the best we can. Any information any one knows would be very helpful as well. Brittanee's story has the number one broadcast, she is on CNN Nancy Grace is following the story. It is on local news stations here in Myrtle as in Rochester. Anyone who does not have accurate information please do not be interviewed and do not start rumors it will just sideways the investigation. We're doing the best we can down here in Myrtle, we have detectives, investigators, police forces and another band of investigators coming in. We're trying to track her cell phone, we have the investigators watching all footage from both hotels and beach patrol is keeping an eye out."

http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id...a7a9324815db2abfc4#/group.php?gid=88697134048

This is the closest I can find. From my memory, the written article appears to be the same, but the video is definitely not the original. The original was the interview of Tarah and the reporter, it looked like they were standing in maybe a hotel lobby/check in desk. I have gone to that page in Rochester that is linked and can't find it there either. It's going to drive me nuts now.

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local...teen_takes_search_online_with_facebook/47688/

AAAhhhhh.... okay.. Tarah is the one who is admin for that rochester blog.

Map Legend=
A- Bar Harbor 100 North Ocean
B- Boardwalk Motel -2301 North Ocean
C-Blue Water Resort- 2001 South Ocean

(point A)Bar Harbor is 1.4mi. north of the Blue Water Resort(point C)
(point B)Boardwalk is another 1.5 mi further north above the Bar Harbor

BRITTANEE3hotels.jpg

She was headed in the correct direction (NORTH) when she left the boys hotel.

The PING that has been referenced @ 11th Ave. South is about 8 blocks below the Bar Harbor. LE's reference would imply she did not reach the hotel. Does that mean IF she made it to the BarHarbor, a different tower would have picked up the additional 8 block difference?

Below is a map of 11th Ave.South PING showing how close she was to the BarHarbor Hotel.
(point A is 11th Ave South - point B is Bar Harbor)

11thAveSouthroBarHarbor7miles.jpg

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=295450

No new developments Monday, in the search for a missing teenager from upstate New York. Searchers have focused on an area near the North Santee River, because that's where her cell phone last gave out a signal.
Unfortunately, there aren't many cell phone towers in remote, rural areas like the Santee River where police searched for Brittanee Drexel.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10287623

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police have released another piece of video that shows the last known hour of missing 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. The video show her walking southbound on Ocean Boulevard around eight fifteen in the evening on Saturday, April 25.

unfortunately the wmbf website took the video down! I watched it earlier though and for what little bit it showed, about a block worth, she appeared to be walking alone

I'm going crazy trying to find that video of Tarah. The interview was conducted by a reporter who is here from Rochester but it was played on our local broadcast and I KNOW it was on the website earlier because I clicked it looking for another video on the case. I have checked our locals, scnow.com and carolinalive.com and the Rochester page WROC, I think.
~snipped~

I know how you feel. Early on I KNOW I read an article that stated the cellphone battery was dead. When I went back through the news websites a day or two later to post the link, magically I could not find the quote anywhere! I don't know what's going on with the news websites but it's driving me batty :crazy:

While searching the web, I came across this and found it interesting. Forgive me if this has already been addressed.

I have not heard of Brittanee being seen in a dress, only in the black shorts,top and flip flops.

"She has brown hair with blonde highlights and was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip flops."
"Her father, Chad Drexel said Brittanee was studying cosmetology in high school and frequently changes her hairstyle and hair color."
"She is also interested in fashion and wears trendy, up-to-date clothes."
"Cops say the night Brittanee disappeared she borrowed a teal, purple and black spaghetti strap dress from a friend and was wearing it when she left the motel."
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=65194

While searching the web, I came across this and found it interesting. Forgive me if this has already been addressed.

I have not heard of Brittanee being seen in a dress, only in the black shorts,top and flip flops.

"She has brown hair with blonde highlights and was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip flops."
"Her father, Chad Drexel said Brittanee was studying cosmetology in high school and frequently changes her hairstyle and hair color."
"She is also interested in fashion and wears trendy, up-to-date clothes."
"Cops say the night Brittanee disappeared she borrowed a teal, purple and black spaghetti strap dress from a friend and was wearing it when she left the motel."
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=65194

It looks like one of those short dresses, that barely cover you, so girls where shorts under them. It's the trend these days. So, it looks like a long top, but is technically a dress.

http://www.helpfindbrittanee.com/
to me this appears to be a generally put together 'help find me' website. They ask, "want to help fund the search?" but no where on the page does it say to who the money is going. The company that registered the website is based out of Rochester, NY, where Brittanee is from.

there is also this one: http://www.findbrittanee.com
but nothing has been done to that other than reserving the web address.. which just screams 'someone wanting to profit on address selling' to me! It was purchased on 04.27.09

I just still think its kinda fishy that the friends who didnt go to MB with B are there looking for her and the ones who did go are home on line.

I agree, Joyce. It all seems very strange to me.
And yet maybe we are seeing more into this than there is
with the 'friends'. It may just be what it is, a young uncaring
crowd, into themselves, and then that leads me to thinking back to
a 'stranger abduction'. OR, we are missing some important info that
only the 'friends' can provide!

Anyone have a link to that second video that was released?

Some info I found to be touching and sad:

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/886752.html

Tuesday, May. 05, 2009

...Family and friends are holding out hope that a missing New York teenager is still alive and are continuing to plan for Brittanee Drexel's prom this weekend...

..."It's just, if we do find her, she'll be able to go to the prom...

...(Grandmother)Wagner said she knew something was wrong when Drexel did not call her grandfather on his birthday, April 27...

...Tara Friedman, a friend, said she talked to Drexel about three to four times a week for the past four years. Friedman said she did not know Drexel was coming to Myrtle Beach and said she didn't see a "big change" in Drexel's emotions in the last year...

...Drexel has played soccer for about 10 years and is one of the top players on her team in Rochester, Wagner said. She also was taking cosmetology classes in her hometown, Friedman said.

Just some info on Brittanee herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member