Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder which one went 'beserk' on her? Lemme guess...

Wish we could read that whole article. I can't find the whole thing anywhere.

Right. I remember reading it was ST's brother who went nuts and killed the girl - according to one of the co-defendants.

I am getting a bad feeling about the FMNF. They need to find a way to do a search on it but it's going to be tough to find anything at this point. Someone like SEA or other locals would know how to approach this.

Unfortunately Doc, I just don't see anything but a foot search working in this case. Those are TALL pines - no helicopter is going to see anything below the treetops and after this much time, well....

Now, a helicopter search in winter could yield better results if they are looking for something big, like ohhh, I don't know a rusty old blue van, but again, as far as Brittanee goes, not so much. You have to know too, seasons pass, leaves fall, any clothing left would now be covered by what, six seasons foliage.

Recently when my best friends father was missing, they did a helicopter search over the exact area he was but the truck was parked under pine trees - didnt see it at all.

Then with a ground search you have the issues of snakes, big ones, gators, boar...it is very dangerous, especially this time of year. I think you are VERY right that FMNF is the place to go, and again, where exactly was Shannon McConaughey found? That's their starting point where she was placed - obviously an accessible area that these guys are comfortable with and familair with the terrain.

Disgusting. I know we don't know the whole story, but IMO, his bail should have been much higher.

I hope Charleston County gets their behinds up 17 to ask him about that vehicle connected with another murder they found on his property before he has a chance to take another 2-3 day vacay, until maybe he decides to grace them with his presence.

Maybe.

Disgusting. I know we don't know the whole story, but IMO, his bail should have been much higher.

Yeah...it wasn't like it was attempting to kidnap her to take her to a picnic in the park and then to the mall on a shopping spree and dinner and a movie to round it all out... KWIM

i hope he will be under constant surveillance...as well as the rest of his "circle"...

As so much seems to be going on down there, I don't know how they would have enough manpower for a 24-hour surveillance, but sure hope they will do it.

There are mean, mean, evil people in this world, Strawberry, and it may be as simple as that, like I said yesterday arguing my theory of human trafficking - could be they are just mean, bad bad seed people. I don't understand dropping the charges either when one is confessing. Now, that link you provided says they told LE she left a McClellanville bar with them, the other reports say she was abducted from a Cracker Barrell in North Charleston. Interesting discrepancy there. I'd tend to believe the abduction story, obviously.

Wonder which one went 'beserk' on her? Lemme guess...

Wish we could read that whole article. I can't find the whole thing anywhere.

Sea, I'll look around and see if I can find the story that was linked either from here or the helpfindthemissing.org site. I tried a little this morning but had no luck. Will try again. It seems to be relevant to what is going on currently if you ask me.

Wonder if this is YET ANOTHER Taylor brother involved in murder...

CHARLESTON - A suspect in the 1998 slaying of a teen-ager here is refusing to waive extradition from Georgia to South Carolina.

Jacob Taylor, 46, of McClellanville, was arrested Saturday by Coast Guard officials on a barge he worked on, off the Georgia coast.

He is one of five men charged with murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, whose body was found in March 1998 in Francis Marion National Forest.

Mr. Taylor appeared in a Georgia court Monday and refused to waive extradition. But prosecutor Ralph Hoisington said he did not expect having any problems getting Mr. Taylor back.

The four other men charged with killing the woman were arrested Feb. 8 in McClellanville. They are James Isaac Weston Jr., 24; Harry James Rivers, 29; Elijah J. Johnson, 26; and Randall Keith Taylor, 32.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2001/02/15/met_306780.shtml

I can't help but wonder if any of the Taylors know anyone that goes to Georgetown High School. Could that be how they were questioned so early on?

Hi all, I do not post very often. I have followed Brittanee's thread from the beginning. Y'all have done such an awesome job, and are like a family here, so I've not wanted to intrude. (Plus, I've not had anything insightful to add that hasn't been mentioned by someone else). I lived in MB a few years back...and my husband actually taught at GHS...(in one of his classes, he describes the students as the "castaways"--those who were the "hardcore" prison/truant types...wow, the stories he has from that experience!!!)

I do believe that I found connections through Facebook that the suspect (ST? I believe I have the initials correct), well his brother (one of the 4 who was charged in the Shannon McConaughey case) has children that attend/attended GHS (may have graduated last year). I'm at work so don't have my FB history of the names I found, but I do recall connecting to several minor's FB pages who were nephews, nieces, cousins, etc of this Taylor clan...

Funny they found a stolen truck on Timothy Shaun Taylor's property that was connected to a homicide in Charleston. The same Charleston murder Jacob Taylor was arrested for? I suspect so.

Hi all, I do not post very often. I have followed Brittanee's thread from the beginning. Y'all have done such an awesome job, and are like a family here, so I've not wanted to intrude. (Plus, I've not had anything insightful to add that hasn't been mentioned by someone else). I lived in MB a few years back...and my husband actually taught at GHS...(in one of his classes, he describes the students as the "castaways"--those who were the "hardcore" prison/truant types...wow, the stories he has from that experience!!!)

I do believe that I found connections through Facebook that the suspect (ST? I believe I have the initials correct), well his brother (one of the 4 who was charged in the Shannon McConaughey case) has children that attend/attended GHS (may have graduated last year). I'm at work so don't have my FB history of the names I found, but I do recall connecting to several minor's FB pages who were nephews, nieces, cousins, etc of this Taylor clan...

Hi SCSluether!

Totally a welcome intrusion. I kid. No intrusion at all. In fact, that's EXACTLY the type of connection I have been looking for. No luck yet, but so happy to hear there is one to be found and all my searching isn't for nothing.

Thanks for posting! Have a good day at work :)

CHARLESTON - A suspect in the 1998 slaying of a teen-ager here is refusing to waive extradition from Georgia to South Carolina.

Jacob Taylor, 46, of McClellanville, was arrested Saturday by Coast Guard officials on a barge he worked on, off the Georgia coast.

He is one of five men charged with murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, whose body was found in March 1998 in Francis Marion National Forest.

Mr. Taylor appeared in a Georgia court Monday and refused to waive extradition. But prosecutor Ralph Hoisington said he did not expect having any problems getting Mr. Taylor back.

The four other men charged with killing the woman were arrested Feb. 8 in McClellanville. They are James Isaac Weston Jr., 24; Harry James Rivers, 29; Elijah J. Johnson, 26; and Randall Keith Taylor, 32.

Hmmm krista - had not seen his name with the reference to Shannon McConaughey, only Randall. Could be...then again, he is 14 yrs older than Randall, technically could have been his daddy around these parts. Willing to bet money they're related.

Funny they found a stolen truck on Timothy Shaun Taylor's property that was connected to a homicide in Charleston. The same Charleston murder Jacob Taylor was arrested for? I suspect so.

LLLindsayy, the way I am reading it there were two Taylor suspects in Shannon McConaughey, Jacob and Randall.

I had only seen Randall mentioned before krista posted her link.

Might be crawling down off my possible human trafficking bandwagon and jumping on the 'they're just mean as hell' train.

I could have sworn I read that Randall is 42. That would only make in 4 years younger?

I also read that there are a lot of Taylor who are related -- not all brothers. Some are cousins, etc. And yes, it looks like there were two Taylors involved in the McConaughey murder.

I could have sworn I read that Randall is 42. That would only make in 4 years younger?

I also read that there are a lot of Taylor who are related -- not all brothers. Some are cousins, etc. And yes, it looks like there were two Taylors involved in the McConaughey murder.

That report is dated 2001, almost 10 years ago now, so I think that is where the age differences play in, different reporting dates on the story giving the current ages at press time maybe. And remember, her murder was in 1998.

That report is dated 2001, almost 10 years ago now, so I think that is where the age differences play in, different reporting dates on the story giving the current ages at press time maybe. And remember, her murder was in 1998.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Yes hes ST brother!!! all the 5 guys in that report are cousins,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads