Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't some of the people Brittanee came with behave strangely? Like they took off at 2:00 in the morning and one guy was alleging talking about sex trafficking her for a drug debt?
I think the general consensus is that the people who accompanied her from NY are not involved, although I can't say that with 100% certainty. With that said, while its unlikely they are directly involved, I suppose one could argue they are indirectly involved; due to their negligence of not properly reporting this before leaving MB...maybe being overly vocal about being essentially unsupervised and having several young females with them.

It's definitely not known to us the circumstances of how she was abducted. Totally random? Carefully planned? Again, I doubt any direct involvement but there seemed to be a general lack of concern here.

Though, any fingers pointed in there direction were entirely their fault. None of the NY kids really came off as responsible. Through their own actions they made themselves unlikable and somewhat pompous early on in the investigation, and perhaps to this day.

I think the general consensus is that the people who accompanied her from NY are not involved, although I can't say that with 100% certainty. With that said, while its unlikely they are directly involved, I suppose one could argue they are indirectly involved; due to their negligence of not properly reporting this before leaving MB...maybe being overly vocal about being essentially unsupervised and having several young females with them.

It's definitely not known to us the circumstances of how she was abducted. Totally random? Carefully planned? Again, I doubt any direct involvement but there seemed to be a general lack of concern here.

Though, any fingers pointed in there direction were entirely their fault. None of the NY kids really came off as responsible. Through their own actions they made themselves unlikable and somewhat pompous early on in the investigation, and perhaps to this day.

Well said Caffeine. Beyond being vacuous, self-absorbed and petulant, the “friends” and their weirdly uncaring behaviors understandably raised suspicions about their involvement, and provided an unneeded distraction for LE in the critical first hours and days of the investigation. The 2AM departure of PB and his buddies, and their incoherent and sometimes inconsistent explanations, have always been big talking points, deservedly so. Having been the last people to see Brittanee, their decision to still leave Myrtle Beach at that time shows incredibly poor judgement and an utter disregard for others. I think the girls she was with were (and are) simply terrible people. Unfortunately, at this point, their collective actions make it pretty easy for a defense lawyer to manufacture a relatively believable alternate theory to Brittanee’s disappearance. I have frequently seen Taylors’ supporters bring up the “friends” and have heard Mark Peper (Da’Shaun’s now ex-lawyer) make the suggestion they were never properly investigated.

The “friends” are just one of many hurdles in achieving justice in this case, and IMO they’ve earned every bit of bad karma they receive over their lifetimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said Caffeine. Beyond being vacuous, self-absorbed and petulant, the “friends” and their weirdly uncaring behaviors understandably raised suspicions about their involvement, and provided an unneeded distraction for LE in the critical first hours and days of the investigation. The 2AM departure of PB and his buddies, and their incoherent and sometimes inconsistent explanations, have always been big talking points, deservedly so. Having been the last people to see Brittanee, their decision to still leave Myrtle Beach at that time shows incredibly poor judgement and an utter disregard for others. I think the girls she was with were (and are) simply terrible people. Unfortunately, at this point, their collective actions make it pretty easy for a defense lawyer to manufacture a relatively believable alternate theory to Brittanee’s disappearance. I have frequently seen Taylors’ supporters bring up the “friends” and have heard Mark Peper (Da’Shaun’s now ex-lawyer) make the suggestion they were never properly investigated.

The “friends” are just one of many hurdles in achieving justice in this case, and IMO they’ve earned every bit of bad karma they receive over their lifetimes.

Oh I think Taylor did it, I just think that it's possible one of them colluded with him.

I certainly have considered the possibility that the "friends" or at least one of them knew the Taylors. Maybe a drug connection whenever they were in Myrtle Beach. Maybe one of the Taylors were present at the night club where BD was with her friends. Maybe she was being shown off to them at the club, un-beknown to BD. Maybe one of her friends put her in the right place to be kidnapped by communicating to the kidnappers where she would be alone when she left the hotel room. Maybe the conversation about returning the shorts was to get BD out walking alone. Who knows? But you can bet that these possibilities will definitely come out during any future trials in order to cause reasonable doubt with the jury.

I have definitely strongly considered that she was at the beach or Club Kryptonite and introduced to some of Taylors. Then the shorts were demanded returned. Then taylor knew she was on the road alone. Since she had met him she trusted when he offered a ride to return shorts. Never to be seen again.
I
I certainly have considered the possibility that the "friends" or at least one of them knew the Taylors. Maybe a drug connection whenever they were in Myrtle Beach. Maybe one of the Taylors were present at the night club where BD was with her friends. Maybe she was being shown off to them at the club, un-beknown to BD. Maybe one of her friends put her in the right place to be kidnapped by communicating to the kidnappers where she would be alone when she left the hotel room. Maybe the conversation about returning the shorts was to get BD out walking alone. Who knows? But you can bet that these possibilities will definitely come out during any future trials in order to cause reasonable doubt with the jury.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There have been convictions in some cold cases in the last couple weeks that were much more older cases than Britt’s so I’m hopeful something will come to light soon. I wonder whatever happened with what they found during that Georgetown excavation they did last March.

I have definitely strongly considered that she was at the beach or Club Kryptonite and introduced to some of Taylors. Then the shorts were demanded returned. Then taylor knew she was on the road alone. Since she had met him she trusted when he offered a ride to return shorts. Never to be seen again.
I

You and I are on the same path on this. I believe this is very plausible. The actions taken by the "friends" certainly point to this possibility. I believe LE dropped the ball with interrogating these people. They weren't even willing to return for questioning nor showed any interest in searching for her. They were too busy getting the hell out of Dodge.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Although I've followed this case very closely from the very first when she was reported missing, (I live forty miles from Myrtle Beach and visit very often), I don't remember how BD was invited to join this older group of people for this trip. The girls obviously didn't really care for her, IMO. She was alone for part of the trip. Who invited this minor girl to go? Anyone remember this?

Although I've followed this case very closely from the very first when she was reported missing, (I live forty miles from Myrtle Beach and visit very often), I don't remember how BD was invited to join this older group of people for this trip. The girls obviously didn't really care for her, IMO. She was alone for part of the trip. Who invited this minor girl to go? Anyone remember this?

Thanks , I too believe they set her up, and how in the world was no one charged for taking a minor over state lines FBI???????? I mean they will charge someone for giving booze to a minor , but not taking her over state lines , I seriously don't get it !

on that note I had an adult friend that took me out of town in the same state , I was 16 and they got into a lot of trouble , and it involved several weeks in jail and a lawyer ((I was supposed to be at school)

Thanks , I too believe they set her up, and how in the world was no one charged for taking a minor over state lines FBI???????? I mean they will charge someone for giving booze to a minor , but not taking her over state lines , I seriously don't get it !
A few years ago I listened to Brittanee's mom on a radio talk show and she talked about how she thought Brittanee was allowed into the VIP room of Club Kryptonite and she believed she was being "shown off" by the club promoters. I don't have time to go and re-read all those threads but I read every one from day one up until the past couple of years. I seem to recall some Taylor guys may have come to the beach and were introduced to her. I just cannot recall. I think one of the girls she went with at some point had been friends with her. Her first initial was A but I don't recall her last name or initial. She is in that picture someone took of Brittanee sitting on the beach in bikinis.

I believe that there is a chance that if one of these Taylor guys are charged with the disappearance of BD that they will sing and if the so-called "friends" were involved, he will sing it in soprano to LE.

UGHHHH... I really wish there was hope that we might recover her body one day. I wish this for Britt and Heather Elvis both, actually. But, unfortunately, I strongly believe that something would have surfaced by now (due to the flooding from the "100-year" storm) if they had been exposed of near a large body of water. :(

UGHHHH... I really wish there was hope that we might recover her body one day. I wish this for Britt and Heather Elvis both, actually. But, unfortunately, I strongly believe that something would have surfaced by now (due to the flooding from the "100-year" storm) if they had been exposed of near a large body of water. :(

Waiting to here something on the sentencing of TDT. It was good to see Britannee at the top of the forum again. Bumps for brit and her family.

A few years ago I listened to Brittanee's mom on a radio talk show and she talked about how she thought Brittanee was allowed into the VIP room of Club Kryptonite and she believed she was being "shown off" by the club promoters. I don't have time to go and re-read all those threads but I read every one from day one up until the past couple of years. I seem to recall some Taylor guys may have come to the beach and were introduced to her. I just cannot recall. I think one of the girls she went with at some point had been friends with her. Her first initial was A but I don't recall her last name or initial. She is in that picture someone took of Brittanee sitting on the beach in bikinis.

Her name was Alanna. Jennifer Oberer (I think was her last name) was the one who lent her the shorts and apparently she wasn't polite about wanting them back. Brittanee was allegedly done with the people she came with by the end of the trip (she didn't like that they were using drugs.) According to the site I read to refresh my memory it seemed she was miserable on the way back from the hotel and she texted her boyfriend that she was just going to go back to her room, pack and go to bed early.
Poor Brittanee.

How was she supposed to get back by the way? Did she have a plane ticket? Or another friend who stayed behind who was going to give her a ride back? Because didn't the friends leave that same night?

Her name was Alanna. Jennifer Oberer (I think was her last name) was the one who lent her the shorts and apparently she wasn't polite about wanting them back. Brittanee was allegedly done with the people she came with by the end of the trip (she didn't like that they were using drugs.) According to the site I read to refresh my memory it seemed she was miserable on the way back from the hotel and she texted her boyfriend that she was just going to go back to her room, pack and go to bed early.
Poor Brittanee.

How was she supposed to get back by the way? Did she have a plane ticket? Or another friend who stayed behind who was going to give her a ride back? Because didn't the friends leave that same night?

I'm my opinion this was all planned ahead of time. How very convenient to have BD walking all alone in the wrong place at the wrong time, or is it the right place at the right time.
Why did these older folks who obviously we're not her friends like B thought they were even want here there, paying her way also. It just doesn't jive, unless there was an evil ulterior motive involving BD, cash & drugs.
I don't believe in cowinkydinks.
I cannot remember if her mum bought her a plane ticket home.

ETA:
jkly, they left around 2am after BD went missing. The original plan was to leave later that morning, iirc.

Oh I think Taylor did it, I just think that it's possible one of them colluded with him.

I believe this is the case. JMHO

Think about it for just a minute. . . okay, times up.

Brittanee had to pay them back somehow, but little did she know what was going to happen and it was going to be with her freedom/liberties, her life as she knew it, and unfortunately she paid with her life.

It takes a special kind of evil to be able to live with yourself after facilitating this and or having a hand it it somehow. Someone got the ball rolling.

There are many words I would love to use right now but with respect for my fellow sleuth, the mods and my membership, I must refrain. :stormingmad:

<snip>

The boy who she visited that night and his friends left in the middle of the night. That had always been their plan. The girls who she traveled with planed to leave the next morning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm my opinion this was all planned ahead of time. How very convenient to have BD walking all alone in the wrong place at the wrong time, or is it the right place at the right time.
Why did these older folks who obviously we're not her friends like B thought they were even want here there, paying her way also. It just doesn't jive, unless there was an evil ulterior motive involving BD, cash & drugs.
I don't believe in cowinkydinks.
I cannot remember if her mum bought her a plane ticket home.

ETA:
jkly, they left around 2am after BD went missing. The original plan was to leave later that morning, iirc.

The males staying at the hotel BD was at prior to disappearing, left early, forfeiting their deposit.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

The boy who she visited that night and his friends left in the middle of the night. That had always been their plan. The girls who she traveled with planed to leave the next morning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Also, I believe the girls she was with switched hotel rooms that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015