Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copied this from an earlier post. It is a 911 call:

09-034810 4/24/2009 04:04PM 918 N OCEAN BL FRIE SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE CAB IN ALLEY

I wonder if there was a person in a "cab" who offered her a ride. How perfect. You get in the door's lock with child proof locks so you can't get out. You are relaxed at first thinking this person is taking you to the hotel so she didn't have to walk. It doesn't look suspicious so noone notices. He turns around and driver her to secluded area.

I actually just scared myself because honestly I would probably have gotten into the car thinking it was a long walk and its a taxie.

I did not think it looked like her either (woman in video looks less petite.. her face is less angular).. BUT.. folks here said those video cameras make everyone look bad. Since her mom positively identified her I assumed it was really her. I could see how you might be unsure because the video is crappy, but Dawn positively identified her. I assumed she was looking at everything (the top, bag, shoes, posture, her walk etc) to make the identification.

Excellent observations....I never saw the actual video of her leaving the hotel. I was curious myself if the video was of her leaving her hotel or the boys hotel where Peter was. And if LE has the vid of her leaving her hotel wouldn't it be safe to assume that they also had vid of her at the other hotel....or her lack of appearance thereof. It was my understanding that the same company or person owned both hotels. So I think there is camera's in all the lobby's. What hotel doesn't have video camera's in their lobby? If LE has it why didn't they release it yet???

I hate to bump my own post but does anyone know what hotel they took the video at? Was it from her hotel or Peter's hotel? and why haven't they released another video from the other hotel? If she was in 2 hotels this day and the hotels were owned by the same company or person.....why didn't LE get or release the other video? very thought provoking.

Guys think about it. Who would turn down a "free" taxie ride?

I hate to bump my own post but does anyone know what hotel they took the video at? Was it from her hotel or Peter's hotel? and why haven't they released another video from the other hotel? If she was in 2 hotels this day and the hotels were owned by the same company or person.....why didn't LE get or release the other video? very thought provoking.

The video was of her entering and leaving the blue water resort (boys). I don't really see the need to see the other videos because they know she didn't make it back to her hotel so the video of the boys hotel is the last she was seen alive.

The video was of her entering and leaving the blue water resort (boys). I don't really see the need to see the other videos because they know she didn't make it back to her hotel so the video of the boys hotel is the last she was seen alive.

Thank you that was the answer I was looking for....I didn't know what the hotel was, so she should have had her bag with her containing the black shorts she had to return or was she wearing the shorts? Is she wearing the shorts in the video?

Thank you that was the answer I was looking for....I didn't know what the hotel was, so she should have had her bag with her containing the black shorts she had to return or was she wearing the shorts? Is she wearing the shorts in the video?

Yes, she was wearing the shorts and had some sort of bag with her and also one report said that she had an extra pair of red sandals that she had earlier left at the boys room that she had gone down there to pick up.

-------------
I see a reason to show all videos with B in them. The videos may show someone who interacted or approached her. Or show someone in the background who took off following her after she left the hotel and maybe waited around for her to reappear from the boy's hotel. Maybe someone approached her and they made plans for later? Any bit of info might help in identifying someone who may have abducted her.

It looks like she has a ankle braclet on her left ankle. Can someone post the link to her photos from the spring break? I can't remember which thread they are in. I want to see if she has an ankle braclet on in those photos.

I have a photo album on my profile that has all Brittanee photos, to include the ones from MB

When I sasw the video of B. coming in and out of the hotel (although I am one who is not convinced it is even her)....but, correct me if I'm wrong here, it seemed like she was kind of moving/darting around a bit when she came in....which struck me as odd because she had been there before. It seems like she's was moving and looking around alot...is it just me or did anybody else notice this?

I am not convinced that is a video of her either. The shape of that girl's face and they style of her hair just doesn't look like the photos we've seen of Brittanee.

No, it's just you. I also noticed that she seems to be looking around like she's looking for someone or thinks she's being watched.

I don't think still images can always give you a full view of what a person looks like.
Video may look very different.

Ok - that is the old Cooper River Bridge. I don't even know if it is still standing. I will try to find out.

Thank you!

Edited: It has been demolished.

"Once the replacement bridge opened, the two existing bridges were removed. A joint venture of Jay Cashman, Inc. and Testa Corporation completed the demolition."

http://www.cooperriverbridge.org/buildingbridge.shtml
---
The old Cooper River Twin Bridges are gone and in their place is the Ravenel Bridge.

I still strongly think somebody spotted her and waited for her outside the hotel...he could have just come right up to her with a knife or gun (hidden) and, in shock, she went with him to a vehicle.

Remember the young girl in Florida a few years ago, she was walking home and was crossing the courtyard and the perp real quickly and boldly walked right up to her. This was all caught on video and she just went right along with him. She didn't scream, run or anything....I think this could have happened to B.

Heck, when I was her age, I would have gone to the beach with people who weren't my close friends. Back then, a beach trip was a beach trip!

Yes, good point,and I guess again,knowing MB better would help make more sense of this. I know that both of my daughters, who are very social in nature, would probably not go with other girls they were not close with, or more accurately,more friends than acquaintance, unless there was some other motive. For example - if my daughter wanted to go do a school dance, game,event,whatever, because a boy she liked would be there she would find some other girls to go with. Of course, she would rather go with the friends with whom she is close,and comfortable. But, above all, she would go, even if with girls with whom she wasn't that close.

On the other hand, I have known for both of my daughters to come home, or call me to pick them up, if the girls they had gone somewhere with were ignoring them, or just not making them feel like part of the group. So, her burning desire to go to MB so much so that she lied to her mother and went makes me wonder just what was behind that burning desire to get to MB? Especially when she had a long-term boyfriend at home,and she could have spent extra time with him over the break.

And, sorry to be long-winded,but who is this marine who is a "friend of the family"? I have not heard much about him except for the limited info released. Could he have been involved,in some way, in her disappearance? Could he have been part of the reason she went to MB? I don't have enough info about this person, and maybe I have missed things somewhere. Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.

I still strongly think somebody spotted her and waited for her outside the hotel...he could have just come right up to her with a knife or gun (hidden) and, in shock, she went with him to a vehicle.

Remember the young girl in Florida a few years ago, she was walking home and was crossing the courtyard and the perp real quickly and boldly walked right up to her. This was all caught on video and she just went right along with him. She didn't scream, run or anything....I think this could have happened to B.

I believe you are referring to Carlie Brucia, and she was only 11 years old at the time of her abduction and death. Very sad story. I lved in Florida for 21 years,and so many sad cases have happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?