Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this was updated tonight. Wow looks like their calling out the "friends" or "family" I bolded and underlined part that stood out.

Details limited on Drexel investigation to protect case
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 12:50 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 15, 2010 7:58 PM EDT

Details remain limited in Brittanee Drexel investigation
2:47

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Investigators on the Brittanee Drexel case are defending their actions after the girl's mother went on national television, critical of recent developments in the investigation.

Dawn Drexel made an appearance on CNN earlier this week saying investigators should not have said the Rochester, NY teen was likely dead, and that Myrtle Beach investigators are not giving her enough information about the case.

Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for the Myrtle Beach Police Department, says he feels area investigators have given the Drexel family as much pertinent information as possible without jeopardizing the case.

Dawn Drexel also commented on CNN that she is upset investigators said her daughter may not be alive. Georgetown County Lt. Neil Johnson said Thursday he understands that she's a mother in distress about her daughter's year-long disappearance.

However, based on information gathered throughout the lengthy investigation, Johnson says investigators are treating the missing teen's case as a homicide case.

"Based off of what we have right now, we have no other information that's leading us any other direction," explained Johnson. "She's right, we have not found Brittanee. We have not made an arrest. We are making that statement based off the information that we have."

Both the Myrtle Beach Police and the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office have full-time investigators working only on the Brittanee Drexel case, according to authorities, and Johnson said that law enforcement officials are hoping the details they have released will lead to a break in the case.

"If that one person that associates theirself, whether it be a family member, it be a friend," said Johnson, "they need to stop and put theirselves in Brittanee's family's shoes, and kind of turn the scenario around on theirselves and think about you know, if this was them, and come forward."

Johnson said that since news broke Friday on the persons of interest, investigators have been flooded with calls.

Johnson confirmed Monday investigators have pinpointed three or four people of interest in the case of Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 at the time of her disappearance. Johnson said all persons of interest have been previously questioned by authorities, but could not confirm an exact time frame in which they were questioned.

Two of the suspects, according to Johnson, have been subjected to lie detector tests. Johnson, however, has refrained from commenting on the results of those tests.

"At this time, there is no reason to believe these people [the persons of interest] know Drexel directly," Johnson said.

Myrtle Beach Police Det. Vincent Dorio said the recent advancements in the case developed from a tip, and detectives are confident the information is leading them in the right direction to finding who might be responsible for her disappearance.

Drexel disappeared after she was last seen in the area of 11th Avenue South and 20th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach. Drexel was in the area against the will of her mother.

Contact was lost between Drexel and her family in New York on April 25, 2009, the same night authorities say she disappeared. The last signal from her cell phone came the next night near the South Santee River.

Since she went missing, multiple search efforts for the teen have been executed from Horry County to Charleston County. While investigators have searched throughout three counties, each search effort has left police empty handed.

CrimeStoppers of the Lowcountry continues to offer a reward for any information on Drexel's whereabouts. Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Drexel is urged to contact the agency at 1-888-CRIME-SC.

Family and friends will gather April 24th for a candlelight vigil. At 6:00 p.m. that Saturday, they will gather for a walk from the Bar Harbor Hotel to the Bluewater Hotel. Then at 7:30 p.m. they will hold a vigil at the Hurl Rock Park.

The public is invited to attend.

Respectfully snipped:

Ok this was updated tonight. Wow looks like their calling out the "friends" or "family" I bolded and underlined part that stood out.

"If that one person that associates theirself, whether it be a family member, it be a friend," said Johnson, "they need to stop and put theirselves in Brittanee's family's shoes, and kind of turn the scenario around on theirselves and think about you know, if this was them, and come forward."

My how the worm kinda turns... Isn't that an interesting statement!

Next post if this doesn't work they might say something like Hey: JO, AL or PB and friends we know u know something u call us or we'll call u

LOL

Definately they know those kids know something. Dont' understand the family member part however?

It's because they are not talking about the ROC kids and/or BD's fam. They are talking about the 3-4 POI's who live in the North Santee, S.C. area. They directed that statement toward the POI's friends and family.

Do you guys think it's possible she could have been taken somewhere else? Or do you feel she is right there?

It's because they are not talking about the ROC kids and/or BD's fam. They are talking about the 3-4 POI's who live in the North Santee, S.C. area. They directed that statement toward the POI's friends and family.

Good point I jumped to a conclusion. Could be either

Good point I jumped to a conclusion. Could be either

Well...it could be either - but look at the placement of where that is in the article. The POI's aren't talked about for another 2 paragraphs afterwards.

I think this is another one of LE's cryptic messages - This quote does not specify whose friends or family. It's just put out there for 'any' friends or family.

Do you guys think it's possible she could have been taken somewhere else? Or do you feel she is right there?

I think it's highly unlikely she was moved far from Georgetown. She may be in a different location from where her (presumed) murder took place, but I believe it's very nearby. I feel confident that she was murdered somewhere the perps felt comfortable....their own home, hunting property, etc...somewhere they knew no one would see them. But, they also didn't want to get caught...so it's likely that she was moved to the Santee, IMHO.

On a related note. There is a poster on Topix who has said repeatedly that LE should be searching for Brittanee in Monroe Co., NY. He/She is from "Bliss, NY" according to their profile. Regardless, it's an interesting theory...that the reason the friends left so quickly is that they had evidence in their vehicle...specifically, Brittanee in their trunk. I don't know that I believe that, but the poster is adamant that Monroe Co is where her body was placed.
Of course, that wouldn't go along with LE's statements that the POI's didn't know her 'directly' and were from Georgetown area.

Okay, thank you very much for all the info. A white female Jane Doe was found in North Carolina recently. They think she may have died sometime last year. She is white, 5'0, and her remains were found in a wooded area in NC. The age range was about 15 - 20.

I think it's highly unlikely she was moved far from Georgetown. She may be in a different location from where her (presumed) murder took place, but I believe it's very nearby. I feel confident that she was murdered somewhere the perps felt comfortable....their own home, hunting property, etc...somewhere they knew no one would see them. But, they also didn't want to get caught...so it's likely that she was moved to the Santee, IMHO.

On a related note. There is a poster on Topix who has said repeatedly that LE should be searching for Brittanee in Monroe Co., NY. He/She is from "Bliss, NY" according to their profile. Regardless, it's an interesting theory...that the reason the friends left so quickly is that they had evidence in their vehicle...specifically, Brittanee in their trunk. I don't know that I believe that, but the poster is adamant that Monroe Co is where her body was placed.
Of course, that wouldn't go along with LE's statements that the POI's didn't know her 'directly' and were from Georgetown area.

Monroe County is Rochester. That would be quite a drive with a dead body in your car. IMO don't think they would take that chance.

Did RochLE look at the car PB and friends took? thought I had heard that at one point.

Monroe County is Rochester. That would be quite a drive with a dead body in your car. IMO don't think they would take that chance.

Did RochLE look at the car PB and friends took? thought I had heard that at one point.

I can't imagine them taking that chance either...

And yes...the vehicle they were in was supposedly checked by RPD and released back to its owner. It was never identfied who the owner of the vehicle was though.

Well...it could be either - but look at the placement of where that is in the article. The POI's aren't talked about for another 2 paragraphs afterwards.

I think this is another one of LE's cryptic messages - This quote does not specify whose friends or family. It's just put out there for 'any' friends or family.

I really think they are talking to the POI's families and friends in Georgetown area....but this brings up another point:
Why didn't LE tell DD about the new info and new POI's? The ONLY reason I can think of is that they were concerned that she might tell someone who might get info to the 'friends' before LE had a chance to watch their reactions and comments.

Okay, thank you very much for all the info. A white female Jane Doe was found in North Carolina recently. They think she may have died sometime last year. She is white, 5'0, and her remains were found in a wooded area in NC. The age range was about 15 - 20.

Just looking at that....I think it could be Jamie Fraley http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=60357 ...she would be far closer to the area than Brittanee. She was partially mummified and blonde hair was at the scene (believed to be hers). There's no way to 'hope' it's not Brittanee without hoping for it to be someone else's child. Either way, it's really sad and I hope LE is able to give SOME family some closure.
Namus for Jamie Farley: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3073/0

I just read on the Remember Morgan Harrington site that somebody named Keri Drexel posted on some poster from there's facebook wall that a human jaw bone belonging to a young woman in early twenties or late teens was found in Guilford Co. NC

Respectfully snipped:

My how the worm kinda turns... Isn't that an interesting statement!

It's a game of numbers. LE went public hoping someone comes forward. You figure the average family is about 4 today. 3/4 suspects that means you probably have around 10-12 immediate family members who could suspect something, assuming these guys are late teens early 20's and probably live at home. If they commited the heinous crime of murder against her, my guess is those who have lived with them for the last 20 years would have noticed some erratic behavior by them. Let's also be honest here.. would you want to live with a murderer? People are not the same after they commit that crime.

This is not including friends or girlfriends. If you combine family, friends, girlfriends among 3-4 suspects you probably have around 30 people who are exposed to these guys frequently. Of course this is not including those people they may have spoken too.

This has gone on for a year, the police are telling them they have them but the boys don't wanna go to prison yet, so their not confessing. The police are hoping someone with a conscience just says it's time to put this to and end.

I have also read what this poster wrote on that site about looking for Britt in Monroe Co , NY I didn't know that their vehicles were looked at but, he did sound like he was pleading with someone to look into his theory. Very interesting...

Just looking at that....I think it could be Jamie Fraley http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=60357 ...she would be far closer to the area than Brittanee. She was partially mummified and blonde hair was at the scene (believed to be hers). There's no way to 'hope' it's not Brittanee without hoping for it to be someone else's child. Either way, it's really sad and I hope LE is able to give SOME family some closure.
Namus for Jamie Farley: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3073/0

I had also read about this. I am not meaning to sound dumb here but how was the body partially mummified and I really don't mean any disrespect I just don't get it. I don't quess I have ever heard of that in this day and time. Can you explain please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther