Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindsay, that dock is the EXACT one I was trying to tell you about. Sorry us old people aren't better with maps and links!! Thanks for reading my mind!! So helpful!

Anyway, that dock and this one below. Maybe you can figure out how to link a photo...I can't!!
It's the one with the blue boat in front of it. It's right next to the other dock....to the right of it. Notice the trees and the slight clearing to the right of the dock where a vehicle could be driven. I think these two are good contenders. Maybe we could find someone to put them side by side....or with photos of the actual dock being searched!!

You'll have to zoom in on the dock a little....sorry again for my poor IT skills!!: http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9FD...zLjIxMDY1NTM1ODU2MiU3ZS03OS4zOTM1NDgxMzY4NzMz

I don't see anything blue on my map :(

Just something I'm curious about....

Regardless of the location on this river, how were these reporter shots taken? I wouldn't think LE would allow photographers out in the water or on the dock with scent and cadavar dogs out there....nor would I think they could get such close shots from across the river. Just wondering.

I don't see anything blue on my map :(

Lol....sorry....ok, it should be at the bottom of the screen, to the right. Don't know if it will show up for you the same way, but it's between the 'privacy' and 'legal' words at the bottom right of the screen. It appears to have a boat with a blue roof tied to the dock. Hard to tell.

Or, you could let me know how to link a photo!! :blushing:

Just something I'm curious about....

Regardless of the location on this river, how were these reporter shots taken? I wouldn't think LE would allow photographers out in the water or on the dock with scent and cadavar dogs out there....nor would I think they could get such close shots from across the river. Just wondering.

One of the video reports states that they're taking the pics from a boat. I imagine there were lots of boats out there.

krista and strato, I wondered the same thing, especially with that one showing the vehicles parked there. I do remember seeing some video with shots of several boats on the water back in the spring/summer searches and I guess it would be possible with a really good lens to be on the other side of the river and zoom in pretty close. I also thought if they were just on a little 'creek' or tributary area, the could be just a few feet away across on the other bank.

One of the video reports states that they're taking the pics from a boat. I imagine there were lots of boats out there.

You'd think that the different smells of reporters, camera crew/photographers, not to mention the boat and moving water..all might be confusing for the dogs??
Thanks for letting me know!!

I don't know jack about cadaver dogs, but will assume their powers are limited to land. I'll assume further, that the boats observing the scene, and searching the banks, were launched elsewhere so probably would not affect those dogs enough to confuse them.

As far as definitively, maybe someone can confirm/deny.

If someone will provide the link to the timeline - I will put it in my first post on the new thread.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member