SC - Catherine 'Cati' Blauvelt, 22, murdered, Simpsonville, 24 Oct 2016 *arrest 2022*

MAR 9, 2020
Court records: Man arrested in stabbing death of Simpsonville woman pleads guilty to obstruction, search for husband ongoing
[...]

Online records in the Greenville County Judicial Circuit Public Index show that Charles Sidney Scott Jr. Pleaded guilty on March 4 and was sentenced to time served.

[...]

A spokesman for the SC Attorney General's office confirmed the plea deal took place and that the "evidence does not support that he was involved in the murder, which is why the murder and weapons charges were dropped."

Police also named the victim’s husband, John Blauvelt as a suspect in the case after the killing, and a nationwide manhunt was launched.

Investigators have not yet located John Blauvelt.

I’m not far from there and just learned of this today on ch21. They had a 4 year anniversary conference today at the community building near city hall and have a FB page called JusticeforCati. I don’t have FB but looked at it since it’s public. They think her husband has fled west. I’m going to catch up on this thread.

Last edited:
I have to wonder at this point if the suspect hasn’t committed suicide. Isn’t it extremely hard these days to just disappear with the digital resources that we have? Unless he has went the way of Eric Rudolph, I just don’t see how someone could run this long. All my thinking of course with the knowledge that I could be way off here.

I have to wonder at this point if the suspect hasn’t committed suicide. Isn’t it extremely hard these days to just disappear with the digital resources that we have? Unless he has went the way of Eric Rudolph, I just don’t see how someone could run this long. All my thinking of course with the knowledge that I could be way off here.

Lack of any kind of coverage, let alone national coverage gives this guy an edge.
I wouldn't know him from Adam if he sat down next to me on a bus.

I think my theory on suicide came from the incident where the man was murdered near the park in Greenville county and the suspect fled to the woods nearby for some time and was found to have killed himself. That was going on just as I got into this case.
There was a notion earlier that this man may have ran out west and I no I wonder where or why that theory came about?

Years after Upstate woman's murder, search continues for husband

A wanted man is still on the run, nearly five years after an Upstate woman's murder.

On Oct. 24, 2016, police say Catherine "Cati" Blauvelt, 22, was found stabbed to death in an abandoned home in a wooded area in Simpsonville.

“It just kind of feels like we’ve been stuck for the last five years in the same place,” Cati Blauvelt's sister Brandi Blackwell said.

Police say Cati Blauvelt's estranged husband John Blauvelt is the suspected killer. Police say warrants are out for Blauvelt's arrest.

“I didn’t get to say goodbye. It was that quick,” Cati Blauvelt's mother Patricia Piver said.

Cati Blauvelt's family is begging him to turn himself in.

“What could I have done to change things," Piver said. "What could I have done to save her if I had only known.”

Simpsonville Police say Cati Blauvelt had been reported missing before she was found dead. They say they questioned John Blauvelt, who had worked as a U.S. Army recruiter, in their initial investigation in 2016.

“We interviewed John," investigator James Donnelly said. "At that point, we didn’t have enough probable cause to sign a warrant.”

Shortly after, Donnelly said Blauvelt disappeared. He said they were eventually able to issue warrants for his arrest in Cati Blauvelt's murder.

I heard of Cati's case just recently from the wonderful Unsolved Mysteries podcast, hosted by Steve French.
Recruiter on the Run
Cati-John.1.jpg

Posting this pic, as it shows what John looks like with some of his head & face covered.

MOD NOTE

We welcome new members who have come to discuss Catherine’s missing person case.

If you are close to Catherine and her case, AND would like to share what you know about her, we ask you to apply to become a Verified Insider. The highlighted link will give the information about it. Unless you become a VI, you will not be able to post anything you state as a fact unless you also include a link from a mainstream media source (MSM) to substantiate that info. Those posts will have to be removed, but can be reinstated if you are approved as a Verified Insider.

Thank you for being here. We hope you will be verified soon.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Last edited:
It’s good to see but not nearly often enough that we get progress on these cases that have remained silent for some time. I hope we get some answers soon.

We knew John did it': Family of slain Simpsonville woman says they never lost hope​

Tamia Boyd
Greenville News

After six years, a Simpsonville man has been arrested in connection to the stabbing death of his estranged wife in 2016, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

John Blauvelt, 33, was arrested in Medford, Oregon on Wednesday by U.S. Marshals and Medford police, according to the U.S. Marshals.

Catherine "Cati" Ann Blauvelt, 22, last spoke to a family member on Oct. 24, 2016, while on the way back home from her job at PetSmart on Woodruff Road. She was reported missing by her mother the following day and was discovered by friends just a few hours later.

foxcarolina is reporting an arrest of a Thompson lady in connection to this murder.

foxcarolina is reporting an arrest of a Thompson lady in connection to this murder.

Oct. 12, 2022
SBM
  • ...23-year-old Hannah Elizabeth Thompson ...
  • ...knew of Cati’s murder and concealed the fact that she drove John ... to Woodruff Road and dropped him off ...
  • ...followed John ... until he parked the car in a parking lot on White Horse Road,...
# More at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back