GUILTY SC - Conway, 'Baby Boy Horry', found dead, Dec'08 - Name withheld, *Jennifer Sahr arrested in 2020*

Authorities: Arrest warrant issued for mother in ‘Baby Boy Horry’ cold case

Arrest warrant issued!

"According to Horry County Police Chief Joseph Hill, arrest warrants have been issued in the case for Jennifer Sahr, out of Escambia County, Fla., who is facing a charge of homicide by child abuse. She was listed as the biological mother of Baby Boy Horry...."

HCPD: Warrants issued for woman in 2008 Baby Boy Horry Case; woman was CCU student at time

Photo of Jennifer Sahr in the article above

Booked: Daily Bookings and Releases

Gosh she looks young in the booking photo. One wonders how young she was when she had Baby Horry. (No excuses of course.)

I think she was around 19 at the time. She actually graduated from that college. Of course no excuses, but I’m betting at that age she was scared and I honestly have no idea. It is a sad situation all around because that baby was alive at the time. It looks as though her husband may have attended that college as well. Doesn’t mean that he is the father, but what a mess If we was. They have been married for 6 years, so they could have possibly been dating back then. Not likely I guess. She has two beautiful little girls now. Just a sad sad situation, but I would love to know all of the details.

The Judge didn't set bond today, a circuit court Judge has to set that, so she will remain in J Reuben Long Detention Center until bond is set. I have such mixed feelings about this. She probably has a nice life with small children and a husband but she knows what she did and kept it secret for all of these years. The Judge today also ordered "not contact with the vicitim's family". My thought is that DNA led LE to the father and he may have never known about the baby until recently. JMO
WMBF News

The Judge didn't set bond today, a circuit court Judge has to set that, so she will remain in J Reuben Long Detention Center until bond is set. I have such mixed feelings about this. She probably has a nice life with small children and a husband but she knows what she did and kept it secret for all of these years. The Judge today also ordered "not contact with the vicitim's family". My thought is that DNA led LE to the father and he may have never known about the baby until recently. JMO
WMBF News

That is what I am thinking. There is almost no other way they would know who father was. I think his DNA led them to this and perhaps that was his girlfriend at the time or something close to where he knew who could have had that baby. They have to have her DNA though to be able to say she is confirmed the biological mother or otherwise it would just be his story. Maybe she told him she miscarried. I have no idea. He may have never known. I as well have mixed feelings as I don’t know the facts. I do know that while I would never have done such a thing, I’ve known girls in college that went to extreme measures to keep things hidden. She could have dropped that baby on someone’s front porch and just ran. It would have lived. Maybe she was scared. Maybe she was in the midst of a breakdown. I seriously doubt even if her life has looked normal on the outside, that she doesn’t think about it daily. She has to have been a mess inside harboring that secret. I don’t think it is right how people are attacking her parents and her husbands. They all had to delete their Facebook pages. How is any of this their fault ? They are probably a mess as well now. Prayers for all - but I do hope to hear more of the story soon.

I think she is going to have to tell her story and all of the truth for this to not be worse for her and plead guilty, how can she fight it? I also doubt her husband knew about it either. IMO she probably kept that secret from everyone. I'm thinking the baby dad got into some trouble and that is why they have his DNA and they found the match. Agree with @alligator143 that they must have her DNA too, probably on something she left behind with the baby. Such a tragedy, she could have given him up, so many people would have been there to adopt him and he would have had his life. This is tragic on many levels and sad that Horry County LE cared more about him than his biological mother did. I am local and remember every year the rememberance on the anniversary of Baby Horry's death.

HCPD adds “community members are reminded that, if they find themselves with a newborn they cannot care for, the Safe Haven for Abandoned Babies Act, known as Daniel’s Law, allows the parent to safely surrender the child to a hospital, law enforcement agency, fire station, or church.”

“Baby Boy Horry is buried at Hillcrest Cemetery, where a memorial headstone was erected in his honor. A memorial service is held at the site every year, led by Horry County Coroner Robert Edge and members of the community,” HCPD said. The case remains opens and more charges are possible.

In December, ceremonies were held 11 years after the baby’s body was found. Read more here.
Florida woman wanted in decade-old baby death arrested in South Carolina

I did read that she graduated from that college in 2010. That means she stayed there for another 2 years and finished her degree. That strikes me as odd. @bestill - I think you are right about the father maybe being in trouble with the law - or he may even be incarcerated now. It seems easy for them to locate and talk with him. Maybe not though - he could have others kids and had to submit DNA for them or something.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-4_21-55-58.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-4_21-55-58.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 9
  • upload_2020-3-4_21-55-58.png
    upload_2020-3-4_21-55-58.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 4
Bond denied until mid April when Judge will revisit. State hasn't determined all the charges. She needs to go ahead a plea, imo. DNA determined she was the bio mo, bio dad had no idea about the baby, his one and only child. Very sad case. And @alligator143 she stayed in college during the 18 months after he was found. She knew everything that was going on during that time and as the Judge said, someone has been in flight - purposely.

I did read that she graduated from that college in 2010. That means she stayed there for another 2 years and finished her degree. That strikes me as odd. @bestill - I think you are right about the father maybe being in trouble with the law - or he may even be incarcerated now. It seems easy for them to locate and talk with him. Maybe not though - he could have others kids and had to submit DNA for them or something.

In an article it stated he was there actually, and she has been ordered to not contact him or his family. I’m wondering if someone got a DNA kit for Christmas and they used it in that manner?

And to be quite honest, I have seen a lot of people(not necessarily here) offering a laundry list of excuses for her. Short of being forced at gunpoint, I just can’t accept any of them. I will wait for all the details to come out before cementing my opinion, but with what few we have now, it seems like it was a very selfish decision.

In an article it stated he was there actually, and she has been ordered to not contact him or his family. I’m wondering if someone got a DNA kit for Christmas and they used it in that manner?

And to be quite honest, I have seen a lot of people(not necessarily here) offering a laundry list of excuses for her. Short of being forced at gunpoint, I just can’t accept any of them. I will wait for all the details to come out before cementing my opinion, but with what few we have now, it seems like it was a very selfish decision.

I missed that he was there today, I did hear the state read his statement that he wanted to his identity protected along with his family's, which is totally understandable. Good thought about the DNA kit.

I'm waitig on the rest of the story too, but at this point I agree with you. No excuse.

Bond denied until mid April when Judge will revisit. State hasn't determined all the charges. She needs to go ahead a plea, imo. DNA determined she was the bio mo, bio dad had no idea about the baby, his one and only child. Very sad case. And @alligator143 she stayed in college during the 18 months after he was found. She knew everything that was going on during that time and as the Judge said, someone has been in flight - purposely.

@bestill - I watched it today. Wow. I just can’t believe it. I cannot get over that poor father’s statement. I think she just told no one and went about her life like she was never pregnant or had a baby. I just can’t get over it.

..... I have seen a lot of people(not necessarily here) offering a laundry list of excuses for her......

I haven’t seen anyone with excuses, but plenty of people wondering “what if” because it’s an attempt to try and understand someothjng so outside the realm of possibility for many of us.

Out of interest would a termination have been easily accessible to a women in SC in 2008? Please no abuse I am NOT being provocative, simply a question since I’m not familiar with SC.

I haven’t seen anyone with excuses, but plenty of people wondering “what if” because it’s an attempt to try and understand someothjng so outside the realm of possibility for many of us.

Out of interest would a termination have been easily accessible to a women in SC in 2008? Please no abuse I am NOT being provocative, simply a question since I’m not familiar with SC.

Honestly I’m not sure, but safe haven laws were definitely there and a hospital and fire station were not far away.

After following so many cases I have finally come to accept that there are some things that are simply unexplainable!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back