GUILTY SC - Devean, 2, & Ja'van Duley, 18 mos, dead in submerged car, Orangeburg, Aug 2010

Sorry, this woman doesn't deserve empathy, she's a coward and a bully! There are many options available for her and murder is not one of those options. No, she's not mentally ill when she knew enough to try and make this look like an accident. Didn't she know this would show in the autopsy???

One of the children fought valiantly against this hulking, poor excuse of a mother. Those poor boys, betrayed by the one who was to nurture, care, protect, LOVE those precious children. She doesn't get a free pass, she deserves to die for what she's done, IMO...She should be facing a DP conviction, IMO, she deserves nothing less...JMHO

I'll never understand why a parent turns to filicide, never...those poor boys never had a chance..JMHO

Justice for the Duley boys.....

[bbm]
right ok mr. attorney man
does her attorney understand that's a contradiction? ugh
Good point! Remorseful and innocent don't seem to belong together in the same statement...MOO

I can't!!! There were too many other options for her! She is a who used her hands to kill her own precious children.
Mental illness? That won't fly because she knew it was wrong. She tried to cover it up for goodness sake.

Those boys deserved better.

I'm a very compassionate person and would feel great compassion for anybody who struggles to raise their children. But, that compassion comes to a quick stop the minute someone hurts their children then tries to cover it up to save their own arse!

Sorry, but I feel fits perfectly here.

is the only way to think of this monster.Orangeburg County Sheriff Larry Williams has no right to try to make it sound like this double murder was justified,he should be fired! She was most likely on welfare,she had day care and she lived under her mother roof.Sorry but my tears are for those 2 babies she killed.She deserves the death penalty and I hope she gets it.:furious::furious:I have a feeling we have not heard about the father(s), because they may not know who they are.

There is no amount of BS she could have dealt with in her life that would make me feel bad for this mother. None.

This woman's mother helped her take care of the kids and her life .She murders her children when faced with having to do it alone? Blaming the children for her position in life, blaming her mother for her inability to cope. Not guilty of course why would she take responciblity now.

I think Her mother wanted her to get her life together otherwise she would have been booted out along time ago. If I had grandkids and kicked my daughter out I would never in a million year guess something like this ,I dont think this girls mother did either nor do I think Casey's mother thought it. They did enable these woman to act selfish.

How long to you let your adult kids live with you before you tell them to grow up? It seems more important to do so when those adult children have their own children doesnt it? How much should you step in ?

I am very hard on my oldest. She doesnt have kids and lives at home but is a full time student and until last week a full time job. I do not help pay for college or books or hair spray. I pay the bills and she pays for all her personal and school needs and her own cell phone bill. Most of her friends parents pay for everything even new car payments. She buys her parts and my hubby fixes her car.
I told her the minute she decides to have a baby she needs to move. She knows I am not kidding and she is 19 . I would worry but I wouldnt help like that. Would you ?

I have absolutely no compassion for this woman. My heart breaks for the two innocent children that were cruelly murdered who deserved life.

I don't flip flop on my position when it comes to these kind of murderers. I give no excuses to a male who has murdered his own children and I don't give any excuses to a female who murders their own children.

In fact I have never understood why it seems to be different to some when a mother kills their children versus when a father does it. Excuses just seem to flood in if it is a mother who is the killer.:waitasec:

Imo, there is no excuses unless the parent is severely mentally ill and it has bean documented with a long medical history. But if that were the case they should have never had custody of the children in the first place.

Being a single mom or dad? So what. Millions of single parents (both moms and dads) raise their children and don't strangle the life out of them and throw them away like trash trying to disquise that they have murdered them.

IMO

I can NOT and will NOT feel sorry for that woman. She knew what she did was wrong. Those poor babies. As far as Im concerned they need to take her and lock her up in a cell with Susan Smith and set the jail cell on fire. People like that are so dang evil.

I really don't like her being called mother...that is too cruel. Give her the benefit of a doubt at least that she has been mentally ill if not all her life-then lately. I will stand firm on that notion. I understand people's anger etc BUT it must take going through a lot of hell to perform such a terrible deed.
Ok-now you can call me a ...I will take the brunt of it for her.

No, no, we would never call you that. But what would you call her? I'm sorry that I cannot give her the benefit of the doubt - she admitted to killing her 2 boys. Help is available- she chose not to get it. My goodness, all she had to do was drop those poor boys off anywhere. Firestation, gas station, etc. The police would be called, she probably would be arrested for child endangerment, but they would still be alive.

I give her no sympathy. I'm sorry - I'm just that way with child killers. Please keep in mind that she not only suffocated her children, she went the extra mile to dump them in a river. That just boggles my mind!

MOO

Mel

Does anyone know when the next court date is for this woman? TIA.

No, no, we would never call you that. But what would you call her? I'm sorry that I cannot give her the benefit of the doubt - she admitted to killing her 2 boys. Help is available- she chose not to get it. My goodness, all she had to do was drop those poor boys off anywhere. Firestation, gas station, etc. The police would be called, she probably would be arrested for child endangerment, but they would still be alive.

I give her no sympathy. I'm sorry - I'm just that way with child killers. Please keep in mind that she not only suffocated her children, she went the extra mile to dump them in a river. That just boggles my mind!

MOO

Mel

Hey, Mel. She had an even EASIER alternative. She could have just left those innocent boys at home (where they were living with their grandmother anyway) and just walked away. Never to be seen from again...

Hey, Mel. She had an even EASIER alternative. She could have just left those innocent boys at home (where they were living with their grandmother anyway) and just walked away. Never to be seen from again...

True -- so true. I think she wanted to get back at g-ma. If so, she could have dropped those kids off anywhere, and the g-ma probably wouldn't see them again either. It just horrifies me that the first thing (IMHO) that comes to mind is "I'll kill them and dump them in a river -- that'll get er". Who thinks that way? Sociopaths. She hasn't been diagnosed, so forgive me. It was a terribly selfish act, and I hope she pays dearly.

Again, just MOO :)

Hugs,

Mel

I'm just sitting down to read the article that was in todays Chas Post & Courier.

I'll let y'all know if I see anything new.

Just a couple of new things.

The argument that she and her mom got into was about who was going to give Ja'van a bath :(

She called her close friend, Chea Phelps, after she left with the boys and she offered for her and the boys to come stay with her. She never showed up and Chea kept calling all night and it just kept going to voicemail.

Thanks for the link Lovejac. It was indeed a good read. What a sad story. So, basically, she killed her kids because of an argument over a bath. Obviously, that was the breaking point, but still so sad and senseless. A bath.

It was a well written article except all the information has been given by friends of hers. A high school friend and a girl from S.S classes. This woman is a long time from high school and not a young mom. She was old enough when she had children to have been past all the immature dreams of life being a fairy tale. If she had Jumped off the bridge I might have thought she was stressed and at the end of her rope .

Something in the article did make me wonder about was if there was child abuse going on in the home. The fight over who was giving the child a bath after he had an accident brought to mind all the cases we hear about chld abuse because of those accidents. So who fights over giving a kid a bath? Maybe someone was stepping up to defend the child and that is what they mean there is more to the story then what has been released but will be heard about later.

I do wish her mother would speak out. I don't blame her for not talking to the press though. It would just be nice to hear from her and see what her take on the situation is. I can't imagine the pain she is enduring in all of this.

Mother of 2 slain SC toddlers in Columbia prison
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- A 30-year-old South Carolina mother has begun a 35-year prison sentence for killing her two young sons.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/02/43...-sc-toddlers.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I found Oprah's interview with Shaquan Duley on YouTube. It is only the audio of the show.
[video=youtube;2P0gFljTpg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P0gFljTpg8[/video]

Perhaps Oprah (OWN) will air this interview again, so check your local listings.

I watched the Oprah airing of this interview last night. I hope her daughter does well in the future. She is currently experiencing bullying in school from some of her peers because of her Mother's crime against her little Brothers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back