SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having grown up near Myrtle Beach and having family that owns a house in N. Myrtle, I can tell you that there are a lot of families that come to MB annually for the holidays . The location that her car was found *could* point to a local but could also point to someone who just visits MB often. I think Heather's last whereabouts are crucial... For example, was she at a club or bar where she could have met with someone who was partying in MB, but from out of town? I think another possibility could be someone who is a fisherman or shrimper who had a boat close by--would be pretty easy to overpower someone as small as heather, put her in a boat, and then dump her out in the water somewhere. This is just so sad--I hope she's found safe.

This may have already been discussed trying to catch up if so sorry....

Meeting someone @ the landing
1.They are not familiar with where she is living now but they both know the landing or
2. She does not want them to know where she is living

MOO

If it were myself I could see not wanting certain people to be where I live but them I would NOT meet them at a deserted area. If she did meet someone there rest assured she trusted them.

Where did she go on the date with the new guy?

Was it a bar, restaurant, movies, .....

And are there cameras/surveillance?

Who does that last phone number belong to?

So many unanswered questions!!! Why the vagueness?

:scared:

Bill Barrett's daughter posted n the find heather page asking for volunteers for a search...They keep saying don't do a search, we don't need more people and then post this... How confusing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They could also ask all property owners to check their properties.......

So true!! I keep preaching this same song and dance. I KNoW that LE knows more than we do and I know they are trying to protect the case but not giving those details could be detrimental to this case

Does anyone agree that if they said "she went to **** that night" then someone could possibly come forward who was there?

Or maybe they never left her house?! But we should know this by now before people start forgetting and losing the ability to connect the dots

The car was found on Thursday. The phone went off at 3 a.m Wednesday. That whole time period of 3 am until car found is unaccounted for. The car could have also been put there during the time frame.

So many unanswered questions!!! Why the vagueness?

:scared:

At this point, it's likely not important for the public to know this information. If the guy she had a date with has been questioned and cleared, there is no reason to release his name. Same with that last phone number.

The car was found on Thursday. The phone went off at 3 a.m Wednesday. That whole time period of 3 am until car found is unaccounted for. The car could have also been put there during the time frame.

I agree! It's that time frame that's in question.. Only thing is I feel sure that either the phone call she made at 3am or someone she saw that night knew I she had plans to meet someone

At this point, it's likely not important for the public to know this information. If the guy she had a date with has been questioned and cleared, there is no reason to release his name. Same with that last phone number.

Have they been cleared? That would be big news. If they haven't.. I understand why the names weren't released.

Having grown up near Myrtle Beach and having family that owns a house in N. Myrtle, I can tell you that there are a lot of families that come to MB annually for the holidays . The location that her car was found *could* point to a local but could also point to someone who just visits MB often. I think Heather's last whereabouts are crucial... For example, was she at a club or bar where she could have met with someone who was partying in MB, but from out of town? I think another possibility could be someone who is a fisherman or shrimper who had a boat close by--would be pretty easy to overpower someone as small as heather, put her in a boat, and then dump her out in the water somewhere. This is just so sad--I hope she's found safe.

Its confusing, the person who reported the car said it was at the landing since monday the 16th and it was thurs the 19th at night at the time she called the police about it (stating she reported it because it seemed odd that it was parked for so long). Yet her billboards all say her whereabouts are unknown after her date on the night of the 17th. That her last known location was at her apartment in River Oaks, and her last phone call was made to her roommate who was out of town around 3am on the 17th? Yet according to her tumblr she logged on and browsed her followers blogs for 17 minutes re-blogging 10 posts from 1:53am until 2:09am... ON THE 18TH!!! also on the 18th her phone "last pinged" suggesting that either "her battery died" or "it was turned off"... no clue... :scared:

But we can't assume anything, can we? LE has not stated they've questioned, cleared anyone, or even named a suspect, right?

Perhaps she was followed by a stranger after the date?
Perhaps she spoke of something odd to the date that evening?
Maybe she went to the boat ramp location often to clear her mind?

We don't know the location of her during that critical window of time and if there are surveillance cameras to confirm her last known whereabouts.

I'm even confused about if they need volunteers to search the area or not, iykwim???

One thing I do know is that it is important to aggressively disect a missing person asap......time is a precious commodity. The more info, the better.

Closing for review. It is against TOS to sleuth anyone other than the victim unless or until someone is named a person of interest or suspect by law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500