SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #20 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to believe that they had a good idea of things they needed to look for when they went to that house. It seems as if LE had their eyes on them long before any of us knew they did.

I am fairly sure LE had at least one eye on these two since day one. After all, they talked to BOTH of them on 12/20, the day after Heather was officially listed as a missing person.

The fact that the OOJ charge wasn't filed until Friday tells me the LE has held back their Ace-in-the-Hole until they needed to play it. And now, it has been played via OOJ, IE, kidnapping & murder charges.

I am so sorry to read of the new charges, my prayers are offered for the Elvis family.

With respect to the 2 counts of indecent exposure, I just had an intuition that - remembering that TM wrote that SM had had sex with HE two times in the car - maybe TM made him have sex with her in the same two locations. No words to express what I feel about this couple.

Form the start when I heard TM say they had a somewaht "open Marriage" was just off to me and gave me a bad feeling about her giving him weird ultimatums and defending him to protect her image. I can't figure out what the indecent exposure is about - also even if his wife found out about the affair, how did this all go down? What was the threat that HE posed that resulted in a plan to murder her? This is what is getting to me - was it spousal jealousy only? If so why would he go along with his wife's plan to murder? If she acted alone I could see it - but for them both to do this?

I am not understanding the motive too much, but maybe that is something that just can't be understood.

MO

i believe the answer is in one of her deleted fb posts........that is if she can be believed.

No smiling today.

530b78e514f35.image.jpg

Hi all!

Ive been lurking and following along. Im so sad about the charges - I hoped she would be found safe. RIP Heather

And to the pic above - she looks SCARED! As she should be!

When I used to do research interviews in CT prisons, I was told that red was for sex offenders.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It depends on the jail. One of the jails I worked at, green was used for general population and red was for people who had "jobs" at the jail (kitchen workers, trustees, etc). Another jail had blue for general pop, and orange for max security/high level offenders. I've never heard of a jail having a jumper color signifying sex offender. Sex offenders are already at the bottom of the food chain in jail (that is NOT a myth), so singling them out with a separate jumpsuit would put, not only the inmates at risk, but also jail/prison staff due to the violent nature of attacks against sex offenders. JMO.

I'm sick for beautiful Heather.

Imo, I doubt they did have an 'open marriage.' I think TM just said all of that to save face and that she was horribly jealous of Heather. Maybe she had something to hold over SM 's head (money, the kids?) to get him to go along with what ultimately ended up happening. I hope that SM has one shred of decency left in him and that he exposes exactly what happened and where Heather is.

I have to leave for an appointment and am pretty sure Thread #21 will open before I get back, so if y'all want the maps on the front page again, someone else will have to copy that post over. Thanks!

They said they found "direct evidence". Any LE folks here who know the definition of direct evidence?

It sounds like a slam dunk to me.

Not LE, but direct evidence is as opposed to circumstantial evidence. HTH

Thank you! Could you tell if any of the M's family members were there?

I honestly don't know. There were probably about 35 or more people where I was -- and all I can say is that there didn't appear to be anyone reacting as if they were there for the M's. Then again - I gotta say - when I heard the Solicitor give the murder charge - I really wasn't aware of anyone around me anymore. I believe that the only people actually INSIDE the court for the bond hearing that weren't officials or inmates were Heather's family.

I am a local business owner here - and only know the Elvis family because of their huge hearts to help with a non-profit fundraiser here last year. I'm sitting here wishing there was SOMETHING I could do or say --- but I know there's not. Nothing anyone can say or do in this situation UNLESS they are someone who know's something that can help LE continue moving forward in getting justice for this awful crime.

I am fairly sure LE had at least one eye on these two since day one. After all, they talked to BOTH of them on 12/20, the day after Heather was officially listed as a missing person.

The fact that the OOJ charge wasn't filed until Friday tells me the LE has held back their Ace-in-the-Hole until they needed to play it. And now, it has been played via OOJ, IE, kidnapping & murder charges.

I think they were probably on to them, too, which would then make me wonder if they had any LE officers on their tail/following them on that trip to FL.....and if so, I would think the body would NOT have been disposed of on that trip.....

Not LE, but direct evidence is as opposed to circumstantial evidence. HTH

Found this regarding direct evidence....could there have been a witness that came forward?

Direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion (in criminal law, an assertion of guilt or of innocence) directly, i.e., without an intervening inference.[1] Circumstantial evidence, by contrast, consists of a fact or set of facts which, if proven, will support the creation of an inference that the matter asserted is true.[2]

For example: a witness who testifies that he saw the defendant shoot the victim gives direct evidence. A witness who testifies that he saw the defendant fleeing the scene of the crime, or a forensics expert who says that ballistics proves that the defendant’s gun shot the bullet that killed the victim both give circumstantial evidence from which the defendant’s guilt may be inferred.

In direct evidence a witness relates what he or she directly experienced. (Usually the experience is by sight or hearing, though it may come through any sense, including [smell,] touch or pain. State v Famber, 358 Mo 288, 214 SW2d 40.)

I am thinking that they very well could have had an open marriage. I have been reading up on this.... ( not the kind of marriage I could ever dream of having )
Anyway....having sex with others is ok in an open marriage , getting emotionally involved is a no no.
The Ms seem to have a very active and adventurous sex life. The multiple sex partners may have added another level to this. Until SM fell for Heather.

I am jabbering . My mind is all over the place. i am anxiously awaiting for the rest to come out

But how does that fit with them running around town that day having sex everywhere? It was late night/early morning when SM contacted HE. It appears this was at least one hour after the IE charge on the 17th, kwim?

And I don't understand SM either. Heather had moved on.... so what was he doing back? Except to lure her and trap her ....................

Salem

I think TM made SM have sex with her in the two places he had sex with HE maybe before luring her to PTL. MOO

[modsnip]

If Heather was done with Sidney, or at least moving on, then what true motive is there? But the attitude Tammy publicly took toward Heather was so nauseating, I'm not sure I can even pretend to understand her or Sidney's motivations. She was clearly so overwhelmingly jealous, even after Heather's death. She must have been overwhelmed with sick jealousy before.

I hate looking at comments on news sites about this because so many people think it's appropriate to pepper their sadness for Heather's family with nasty comments about Heather that really verge on victim blaming. She didn't deserve any of this. She was still a child in so many's eyes. She had so much ahead of her.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

I didn't read the comments as victim bashing , poor timing to make those comments , yes but not victim bashing. Other than the pregnancy rumor, I didn't see any comments about Heather that wasn't factual. She was indeed a beautiful , creative, intelligent , much loved daughter, sister, friend who was too young to die . She was also a normal 20 year old who drank, cussed, smoked a little weed and had an affair with a married man. The comments I saw that others would say are victim bashing..were factual...Heather was all these things..but she wasn't a saint and she certainly did not deserve to be murdered. JMO and please do not bash me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname