SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was Horry - "hoar-ry" - too, until someone posted yesterday that it's pronounced Orry. What's with the "h," then? Is it like Illinois, with its silent "s"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's silent, but it's more of a long O and long E at the end.

OOOO-REEEE.

Or at least that's how the people in the boondocks pronounce it.

TM stated on her FB page awhile back that she and SM had an open marriage- not many believe that. I along with many others think she publicly stated that as to downplay her humiliation from his affair with a young, beautiful woman.

IIRC, she also states that she has a boyfriend. Don't know that I believe it.

The car being messy was what the dad said. He made it seem it wasn't unusual for her car to be messy.

Just moo, but I don't think the important evidence will be found in her car anyway. TM is a control freak and would have to have complete control & ownership over her chosen crimes and the scenes.

TM = boiling bunnies in a pot "Fatal Attraction" type of scary. :scared:

Prayers going to the E family for their heartbreak; may they have grace.

Also says "malice aforethought" That my friends is MURDER 1, PREMEDIATED, LYING IN WAIT MURDER - death penalty charge if SC has the death penalty.

This is the strongest murder charge on the books.

I need to TO myself :(

Salem

ETA for link and wording: "The warrants state that Sidney and Tammy Moorer, "did unlawfully, without just or sufficient cause, murder Heather Elvis with malice forethought," according to the murder warrant." http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

South Carolina does not have felony degrees of murder. Charges are "categorized"

Murder- The unlawful killing of another with malice
Manslaughter- The intentional killing without malice
Involuntary Manslaughter- Unintentional killing without malice
Reckless Homicide- Same as involuntary manslaughter, but involving a motor vehicle

I love this picture of all the detectives giving SM the stare-down as he enters. The look to me just screams "we got your a$$ son!"
Good job to all LE for their tireless efforts. I may not have been in "our time" but it seems like they covered all their bases! :tyou:
Now let's get Heather home for her family!!
Sidney Moorer, Tammy Moorer charged with murder in Heather Elvis case

530b78f871cae.image.jpg

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

"Sidney Moorer (center) is led into a courtroom at J. Reuben Long Detention Center on Monday. Moorer has been been charged with murder, kidnapping, obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis."

O/T but it is ironic to me that the main folks who were defending TM and SM Up until the arrests, have disappeared !

I thought it was Horry - "hoar-ry" - too, until someone posted yesterday that it's pronounced Orry. What's with the "h," then? Is it like Illinois, with its silent "s"?

the "s" is silent in Illinois?:blushing:

Just reread that infamous FB post by Tammy wher she says Sid had sex with Heather 3 times in HEATHER'S car. If LE finds dna in one of the Moorer'r car...well they have it in Tammy's own FB status that it was in Heather's and nothing else...

I have been following this sad tragedy from afar. I am so glad they have been charged with kidnappings IE and Murder because they need to be held responsible for their terrible, evil, soulless actions.
I keep trying to understand how ANYONE can ever think they have the right to end someone else's lives. I know normal logic and rationality can't be applied in these actions.
I think they were VERY surprised they were arrested and at first felt glib because they were only charged with the IE at first.
May REALITY and GUILT hit them both very soon!!!!
My thoughts are with Heathers family and friends. She was one sweet, amazing woman who didn't deserve any of these at all. She is gone way too soon from this world.
I have felt sick all day and the more we find out, the more my hearts breaks.
I am sure we will be seeing even more info coming out piece by piece.

LOL @ NG pronouncing it "Horry County" as many of us didn't realize the h was silent. Cut her a break on that! Many of us thought the same. Someone needs to send her a tweet....

nope, no breaks for her. she's on TV speaking to a national audience. get it right!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Not too much more I can say without getting voted "off the island"...

That expression is in my head all the time when I'm here. I think the mods should draw a name out of a hat each day to give someone immunity and let them say whatever the holy heck they want.

Where's the suggestion box around here?

I've been trying to catch up forever. NG needs to grow up and not sensationalize things. The only person who believes the Moorers were in an open relationship is TM.

Seriously.

I don't think there's a "time limit" on kidnapping. She could have been held against her will at gunpoint for 45 seconds before being murdered and it would still be kidnapping, right?

I'm not a legal professional, but from what I've read and been told, a finite amount of time is not a factor in kidnapping. IOW, if you and I were standing in a room and you started to leave and I stopped you (by coercion, physical force, etc), I could be charged with kidnapping -- even if you were allowed to leave soon after. BUT, like I said earlier...making that charge stick to a guilty verdict might not be an easy case for LE.

MOO is that LE heaped on the kidnapping charges on because they will go for Murder 1 and the DP (regardless of what MSM is saying now). SC does have the Death Penalty. Also, MOO... but LE will use the DP option to try to persuade TM/SM to roll over on the other, and plea bargain down to a lesser sentence.

I have been following this sad tragedy from afar. I am so glad they have been charged with kidnappings IE and Murder because they need to be held responsible for their terrible, evil, soulless actions.
I keep trying to understand how ANYONE can ever think they have the right to end someone else's lives. I know normal logic and rationality can't be applied in these actions.
I think they were VERY surprised they were arrested and at first felt glib because they were only charged with the IE at first.
May REALITY and GUILT hit them both very soon!!!!
My thoughts are with Heathers family and friends. She was one sweet, amazing woman who didn't deserve any of these at all. She is gone way too soon from this world.
I have felt sick all day and the more we find out, the more my hearts breaks.
I am sure we will be seeing even more info coming out piece by piece.

Reality? Yes , guilt ? probably not, at least for TM, IMO, she's just NOT CAPABLE!!!!

Do any of you know where Tammy and Sydney Moorer worked? Seems these two had a whole lot of goof off time !

I think someone posted earlier that Nancy Grace is covering this tonight? I might be the only person here who's never watched her show before. I think I'm going to tune in tonight though.

Words I NEVER expected to come out of my mouth: I set the tivo to record Nancy Grace.

I wonder if Nance knows that Tammy thinks she should run for president?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member