SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:modstop:

:seeya:

First and foremost, :tyou: and :welcome: to our new members! All of you are wonderful additions to our community and it's great having you here!

My apologies for taking your thread away for a time. The moderators wanted admin to look at a few things and I wasn't able to get to it right away. That happens sometimes, but I wanted y'all to know the reason for the delay.

Quite a few posts had to be removed and most of them were due to sleuthing innocent people. Or presumably innocent, at this time. Most of it would not have occurred if everyone was familiar with our social network rules, which I'm copying at the end of this post.

Imamaze is your point moderator for this case so please don't hesitate to contact her with questions and concerns - or any moderator of your choice.
:grouphug:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member