SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else here ever watch the TV show The Fall Guy? Anyone? He was called a bounty hunter (a bail enforcement agent). The term "Bounty Hunter" applies to people who are sent out to locate people accused of crimes who are out on bail and disappear themselves or people who are fugitives from justice (someone sought by the law).

It is my belief, that rather than referring to vigilante justice, TE is referring to the possibility that someone will be charged with the crime, and disappear them self (or selves) and he will need to switch the reward to a bounty for the return of said charged someone. To face the court system, which is nothing like justice. IMO.

Or the TV show, The Equalizer for that matter.

I think Heather's dad is in a terrible amount of pain. It's over a month now since she has been missing & he's living that everyday. I am thinking its simply his way of venting his frustration. This would probably feel like forever to him. I also think some of the stuff he may be reading wouldn't help either- it would be a bit of a double edged sword by now. JMO.

I hope LE is monitoring some of the stuff going on the HE FB page. (Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more on this subject).

I think the community has shown amazing unity in trying to bring home one of their own, and for the most part things have been relatively positive.

What do you think LE needs or is waiting for in order to push the investigation forward? How long would ping information, search warrants on phone records, computers, etc. anything that was taken for analysis take? Do they have to get warrants for cameras from businesses, or can the owner's simply hand them over? I know the paper trail has to be solid, but after 30 days would most of this be in order?

JMO

Wow, I haven't been checking in for a while and it appears I have missed a lot. I wish I would've been around... seems like things got interesting.

cluciano hi, did you get on Heather's tumblr?

hazy-dayys. I noticed it had the hyphen inbetween. Hope this helps.

QuestionMark. dizzigirl

South Carolina's Climate
South Carolina's climate is humid and subtropical, with long, hot summers and short, mild winters. The subtropical climate of South Carolina arises from the combination of the state's relatively low latitude, its generally low elevation, the proximity of the warm Gulf Stream in the Atlantic, and the Appalachian Mountains, which in winter help to screen out cold air from the interior of the United States.The average temperature range in Columbia, SC is 32º-55ºF in January and 70º-92ºF in July. Brief spells of cold weather occur each year in South Carolina. Most of the state receives, on average, 49 inches of precipitation per year. Nearly all precipitation falls as rain, and most precipitation is received during the Spring and Summer. Snow usually occurs only in the mountains and upper Piedmont.
http://www.scprt.com/facts-figures/geographyclimateeconomy.aspx

IIRC, the temp the night that HE went missing was in the low 50's, very mild and it was a full moon night.

Oh my goodness, catching up on some things I missed and it looks like things got crazy! I wish I could discuss some of it here.

Bravo to Mr. Jordan for being proactive in an effort to bring awareness to those missing from MB! A statement he made in above link reminded me of a question I wondered about the other day.

[B"They're not getting solved. And we need to draw attention to that and find out missing family members," said Jordan.][/B]

I wonder if any of our locals can weigh in on how often missing persons cases are solved in HC. I am not faulting LE as agencies everywhere in the US have endured cut backs. But dangit, 26 people missing from Horry County is 26 too many, IMO!

wm

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

The State is definitely mainstream media. Do you guys think TE is even serious about a bounty, or is he maybe just cracking a little bit under all the rumors and trying to place pressure on who he thinks is involved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think he is serious considering everything I've read in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl