GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

I don't understand how/why LE does not think Sharon is MISSING? She was last seen with a man who beat the living daylights out of a woman, kidnapped her child, and drove three states away. While she may be a troubled individual, Sharon's life is worth more than a side note in the HT kidnapping. :(

I don't understand how/why LE does not think Sharon is MISSING? She was last seen with a man who beat the living daylights out of a woman, kidnapped her child, and drove three states away. While she may be a troubled individual, Sharon's life is worth more than a side note in the HT kidnapping. :(

It was a journalist who said she isn't missing, NOT LE. LE hasn't commented on it so the journalist is giving his own opinion (IMO). Link here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1649387795144561&id=115970261819663

I'm hoping that LE has not said she is missing because they have her in witness protection so she can testify against TLE. But that is probably too much to hope for. If she is deceased at TLE's hands or in hiding because she was an accomplice-- neither of those are good things and I hope LE makes a statement one way or another if they are still looking for her. She has valuable information to this case. JMO.

One of the articles said LE stated that Sharon is the one who picked him up from jail. IMO that doesn’t mean he didn’t harm her but it may be why they are looking at it differently. The reporter stated that LE hasn’t confirmed she is missing. The whole thing is very strange. I have not read a direct statement from LE saying that she is or is not missing.

Why are people sleuthing Sharon? Is she a POI?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

She may be missing....no confirmation from LE.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I understand. But unless she is a confirmed POI in this case, we are not allowed to sleuth her here per TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are people sleuthing Sharon? Is she a POI?

Her family told the press Sharon is missing in connection with this case. Usually she would have her own missing thread and we would be allowed to sleuth her since she is missing. Since this isn't on her own thread, I'll alert a mod to clarify if she can be sleuthed. I'm willing to make a separate thread for Sharon if necessary. She should be found, regardless of her involvement. JMO.

Her family told the press Sharon is missing in connection with this case. Usually she would have her own missing thread and we would be allowed to sleuth her since she is missing. Since this isn't on her own thread, I'll alert a mod to clarify if she can be sleuthed. I'm willing to make a separate thread for Sharon if necessary. She should be found, regardless of her involvement. JMO.
I just don't think it's right posting her criminal history if she's not a POI. I'd assume she's a victim.

I just don't think it's right posting her criminal history if she's not a POI. I'd assume she's a victim.

But her criminal past is possibly relevant to the reason she is missing (as well as this case). No one is disparaging her for her record but it is what it is. I have alerted a mod to rule on sleuthing Sharon.

Yes please go ahead and sleuth. I hope to God she is not another victim. Be kind, non-judgemental. This woman's mother is frantic and could be reading here.

Police seek help from woman linked to HT kidnapping suspect, but mom says she's missing

cache.php

Investigators looking into 4-year-old HT’s kidnapping want to talk with the woman whose car has been linked to a suspect in the case, but the woman's mother said Thursday that she is missing.
Sharon Nannette Hayden, 39, lives in Spartanburg County, where officials said Thomas Lawton Evans was staying after his prison release early this month.
But two days before police said he abducted H, Evans was found in Berkeley County with Hayden’s car, raising questions among deputies there about whether he had the vehicle legally.
That day, authorities went to Hayden’s home in Boiling Springs to check on her, but she wasn’t around. Evans was allowed to go.
Hayden's whereabouts have remained unknown, her mother and officials said.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_dab0e8a8-1804-11e8-9937-8b02ba1a81d9.html

Yes please go ahead and sleuth. I hope to God she is not another victim. Be kind, non-judgemental. This woman's mother is frantic and could be reading here.

Thank you, Tricia!

Feb 22 updates Feb 23

Investigators looking into 4-year-old HT’s kidnapping want to talk with the woman whose car has been linked to a suspect in the case, but the woman's mother said Thursday that she is missing.

Sharon Nannette Hayden, 39, lives in Spartanburg County, where officials said Thomas Lawton Evans was staying after his prison release early this month.

But two days before police said he abducted H, Evans was found in Berkeley County with Hayden’s car, raising questions among deputies there about whether he had the vehicle legally.

That day, authorities went to Hayden’s home in Boiling Springs to check on her, but she wasn’t around. Evans was allowed to go.

Hayden's whereabouts have remained unknown, her mother and officials said.

“I just want to know whether my daughter is OK,” said her mother, Sharon Jowers of North Charleston. “All we can do is hope.”

Charleston Police Department “investigators want to know if (Hayden) has any information about the incident,” spokesman Charles Francis confirmed Thursday.

The FBI, which is leading the kidnapping probe, declined to comment on specifics.

Her mother said she and her daughter have had little contact in recent years after a personal falling-out. Jowers said she first learned of her daughter's link to Evans on Wednesday as details of his encounter with Berkeley County deputies emerged.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_dab0e8a8-1804-11e8-9937-8b02ba1a81d9.html

Feb 23

Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office Lt. Kevin Bobo said deputies conducted a welfare check on Hayden in Boiling Springs on the same morning Evans was seen in Berkeley County, but she was not home.

Hayden's mother, Sharon Jowers, says she doesn't believe her daughter had anything to do with H's abduction.

"I really didn't feel that she would be involved in what he did," Jowers said. "I'm just worried about where she is and what he might have did with her since she's been missing."

Federal investigators want to speak with anyone who Evans may have associated with before Feb. 13.

"A lot of blank spaces in the case," said FBI spokesman Don Wood.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/missin...cused-of-kidnapping-child-police-say/18683451

Feb 23

The car was a black Honda Civic belonging to Sharon Nannette Hayden of Boiling Springs, according to her mother, Sharon Follin Jowers.

That same day, law enforcement went to Hayden’s residence to check on her, but she wasn’t home,*The Post and Courier newspaper reported.

Jowers*posted on Facebook*that her daughter “is nowhere to be found.”

Photos of the inside of the Civic*posted online by Live 5 News*show a hammer on the passenger seat and a zipper bag of toiletries on the floor next to cigarette butts and what appears to be an empty cellphone case.

ABC News 4 reported*that Evans asked two of Hayden’s neighbors to use their phones in early February.

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article201812969.html

Feb 23

Evans was last known to be held in the Madison County Detention Center in Mississippi.

He is no longer on the jail’s inmate log, and he is not on the inmate log for the Charleston County Detention Center in South Carolina.

Francis said Thursday that Evans is in federal custody.

Evans last appeared at a hearing in federal court in Jackson, Mississippi, on Feb. 16.

FBI spokesman Don Wood said there was not a definite date for his next court appearance.

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article201812969.html

Feb 24

The*Post and Courier*reports*that suspect*Thomas Lawton Evans was staying with*Sharon Nannette Hayden, 39, of Spartanburg, after he was released from prison earlier this year. A few days before he allegedly kidnapped a young girl from her home and beat her mother brutally, police pulled him over in Berkeley County*while he drove Hayden’s care.

Evans told police that Hayden gave him permission to drive the vehicle, but when they went to the home to ask her, she wasn’t there. They let Evans go at the time, but still haven’t found Hayden.

“I just want to know whether my daughter is OK,” Evans’ mother, Sharon Jowers, said. “All we can do is hope.”

The Charleston Police Department is searching for Hayden to see if she has any information about the abduction, but they also want to ensure that she isn’t harmed.

“In all investigations of this type, you’re trying to fill in some blank spaces and fill in the timeline,” Supervisory Special Agent Donald Wood of the FBI’s Columbia field office told the Post and Courier. “We continue to do that in Mr. Evans’ case. … We’re looking at all possible places … including associates … to get a better picture of our suspect.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/02/...cting-young-girl-brutally-beating-her-mother/

Agreed! She's still a human being and could very well have been his first victim in all of this.

Gee, officers sure had many contacts with LTE before he committed his crimes on the T family!

It amazes me how they all let him go knowing he was driving on a suspended license without giving him a ticket. From the reports in the various articles, it sounds like he didn’t hesitate telling the officers he had just gotten out of jail.

It sounds like a movie with all the twists and turns that have happened. I will bet that this Sharon was his first victim. He sure is a mean SOB!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcsleuth
Back