Found Deceased SC - Jayden Morrison, 4, Little River, 24 Dec 2014

LITTLE RIVER, SC (WMBF) - The body of missing 4-year-old Jayden Morrison was found in a pond Friday, Horry County Coroner Robert Edge confirmed.The body was found three days after rescue crews began the search.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27710281/horry-county-coroner-confirms-body-found-of-missing-boy

:(

I am sitting here sickened. On the one hand, at least it wasn't murder, it wasn't a family member as so many have been lately, or an abduction or RSO. On the other, he's still gone and that kills me. I can only imagine how his parents are feeling. I am sending all my love to the family right now. I'm going to go sit and cry.

I am sitting here sickened. On the one hand, at least it wasn't murder, it wasn't a family member as so many have been lately, or an abduction or RSO. On the other, he's still gone and that kills me. I can only imagine how his parents are feeling. I am sending all my love to the family right now. I'm going to go sit and cry.

And his poor grandmother, I can't comprehend the range of emotions she must feel. And his twin. Goodness, it's too much. Sending light & love to this family, I'm going to go join CarolinaAsh and have a cry :(

I was afraid of this. My heart breaks for his family. A little boy will now grow up without his twin and I imagine that his mother and grandmother will never get past feeling guilty. I hope that this won't tear their family apart. I wish I could hug his Grandmom right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And his poor grandmother, I can't comprehend the range of emotions she must feel. And his twin. Goodness, it's too much. Sending light & love to this family, I'm going to go join CarolinaAsh and have a cry :(

Exactly. I hate to say it, and I hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't at all be shocked to hear that Grandma commits suicide because I know she has to be feeling so much guilt and anger at herself and even if they shouldn't you know that somewhere in their minds his parents feel it too. So I think I might be praying for her and his twin hardest of all.

I was afraid of this. My heart breaks for his family. A little boy will now grow up without his twin and I imagine that his mother and grandmother will never get past feeling guilty. I hope that this won't tear their family apart. I wish I could hug his Grandmom right now.

ITA. So much water around there.

My prayers go to the Morrison family.

Does anyone have a last name for the grandmother? I'd like to send a card.

I am right there with you!

All I can add is that the task force of LE and search crews really went above and beyond for Little Jayden and his family. They handled this in the manner I could only hope for, God forbid this ever happens to me or someone I love. They searched around the clock, throughout the holiday season, on shift work, without fail. It was a testament to their dedication to find him.

They left NO stone unturned. I believe as more details come to lights we will hear the SAR K-9 units played a major role in finding him. The waterways, and their currents, can make any SAR (and recovery) a challenge.
:( :moo:

My hat is off to these men and women, including the volunteers, who brought Little Jayden home. He became one of their own, even though he was only there on a visit :heartluv: Every single searcher, every firefighter, every officer, Red Cross Worker, volunteer, the folks at CUE, people who donated food and water, anyone who helped #FindJayden - even though it didn't turn out the way we had hoped for - each one of you have restored my faith in humanity.

I am also going to join CarolinaAsh, and SBHack, in a good long cry. I will forever identify the holidays with the search for Jayden (and the loss of Kenneth, and Tristan). I find some solace that this was announced today, and I hope the coroner did not notify the family until after Christmas.

Rest in Peace, Jayden. You will be missed.

:rose:

I am right there with you!

All I can add is that the task force of LE and search crews really went above and beyond for Little Jayden and his family. They handled this in the manner I could only hope for, God forbid this ever happens to me or someone I love. They searched around the clock, throughout the holiday season, on shift work, without fail. It was a testament to their dedication to find him.

They left NO stone unturned. I believe as more details come to lights we will hear the SAR K-9 units played a major role in finding him. The waterways, and their currents, can make any SAR (and recovery) a challenge.
:( :moo:

My hat is off to these men and women, including the volunteers, who brought Little Jayden home. He became one of their own, even though he was only there on a visit :heartluv: Every single searcher, every officer, Red Cross Worker, volunteer, people who donated food and water, anyone who helped #FindJayden - even though it didn't turn out the way we had hoped for - each one of you have restored my faith in humanity.

I am also going to join CarolinaAsh, and SBHack, in a good long cry. I will forever identify the holidays with the search for Jayden (and the loss of Kenneth, and Tristan). I find some solace that this was announced today, and I hope the coroner did not notify the family until after Christmas.

Rest in Peace, Jayden. You will be missed.

:rose:

I second your thanks to all the workers and searchers, they did an impeccable job. The article has updates with the search info now. http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27710281/horry-county-coroner-confirms-body-found-of-missing-boy

Horry County Fire and Rescue, Horry County Police Department, North Myrtle Beach Fire and Police, the American Red Cross, CUE Center for Missing Persons, and nearly 100 volunteers aided in the search.

Officials urged people to come to the search dressed appropriately for the weather. The search included wet, wooded areas.

SCDOT officials brought in lights; children's music filled the streets and areas of the search. Brunswick County officials brought in a helicopter and SLED divers scoured bodies of water closeby for Jayden.

So upset. Fly with the angels, precious boy.
Prayers to all those involved in the search and especially for his loved ones.
oxoxoxox

This breaks my heart.

Mine too. I know we can all point to things that could have been done differently but the fact is that it could have been any one of us. It was Christmas Eve with all the hectic craziness and excitement that comes with it. I can't imagine surviving the drive from NY to SC with two 4 year olds and still needing to rush out and shop. Nor can I imagine being the grandmother that was likely so excited to see her daughter and grandbabies but wasn't used to being responsible for 2 kids, at least one with special needs, while taking care of all the last minute details. It was a horrible accident that nobody involved will every really get past but it was an accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomouse
Back