SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

Although there is no evidence of this in the current situation, I’m worried about it. One of the most common methods to launder money is through a legitimate business that exploits their cash transactions from unmeasurable “wares”. (Bars/restaurants can inflate the number of their receipts to insert dirty cash and turn it into clean cash. Bar pretends it sold 100 drinks using one bottle of vodka.)

About Mica's 911 call, . She drove to a remote area, called 911, and said she wanted her family to know where she was. She had other options if she just wanted to be found, why go out there and then call in your location? who knows when she would have been found I guess, maybe she wanted to make sure people knew she did this and not just taken off somewhere to get away. Maybe she wanted people to know how hurt she was and that she resorted to this, IDK it just feels strange.

Mostly things we have already known, but with a couple new tidbits ...

According to family members, John-Paul and Mica met when she was fourteen years old and her family began attending worship services at Solid Rock. Within a couple of years, John-Paul officiated the wedding of Mica and his good friend, Jeremy Deas, who he sometimes referred to as his “right-hand man”.

In 2015, when John-Paul and Mica’s affair became public knowledge, the pastors of Solid Rock Ministries were John-Paul and Alison “Ali” Miller. Ali is John-Paul’s first wife and the mother of four of his five children. John-Paul’s oldest child, according to family court records, was born out of wedlock ...

The following year, on September 14, 2016, both couples – John-Paul and Alison Miller and Jeremy and Mica Deas – filed for divorce in Horry County. John-Paul and Mica married a little over a year later – on December 31, 2017.

In the days immediately following Mica’s death last month, John-Paul was seen publicly with Solid Rock member Suzie Skinner – prompting some to wonder whether the pastor was once again recruiting a new wife from within his flock. Multiple sources have told FITSNews their relationship has been going on for some time.

Curiously, the supposed suicide of Mica Miller and the drowning of Christopher Skinner aren’t the only suspicious deaths connected to this story. Keep it tuned to FITSNews as we continue to follow every viable lead in pursuit of answers.

Last edited:
About Mica's 911 call, . She drove to a remote area, called 911, and said she wanted her family to know where she was. She had other options if she just wanted to be found, why go out there and then call in your location? who knows when she would have been found I guess, maybe she wanted to make sure people knew she did this and not just taken off somewhere to get away. Maybe she wanted people to know how hurt she was and that she resorted to this, IDK it just feels strange.

I don’t know what goes through someone’s mind in the last moments of a life he or she chooses to end.

I presume someone may have clashing thoughts about it, even as the person has determined that this is the point of no return.

IMO this was her suicide note. She wanted to express, verbally rather than a letter, that she was literally about to kill herself. She may have intuited that her loved ones would know why.

I believe she didn’t want her family to spend their lives wondering if she were dead, kidnapped, missing somewhere. She wanted to put a period to her sentence about what she was doing.

Why she drove there, I don’t think we will know.

JMO

Not only was JPM at an athletic event in Charleston at the time of Mica's death, but he seemed to want to make damn certain that he was seen there, allegedly by using a bullhorn to shout at the kids. THAT concerns me a lot, frankly. "Oh, look at me, over here. See me?? I can't possibly be in NC right now, just in case something bad is happening to my wife who just filed for divorce. See me?? Over here. Don't forget you saw me!".
Do you know the name, venue, sport, exact times of the event in Charleston? I know it was a children's athletic event so it might not have been publically published. The Robeson Co. Sheriff did state in their report that JPM's vehicle was seen on Bypass 17 (this is in the Myrtle Beach area, approx. 1:11 hours from Lumber River State Park) at 2:22PM on April 27, 2024 and that he was accompanied in both directions. But that just means that the vehicle was picked up on a license plate reader, not that JPM himself was seen. As for his companion alibi, is that the new girlfriend? Hmmm. IMOO this church has far too many vehicles registered to it, and JPM would have had access to some of them other than his pov. Where was JPM later that day, say 3:30 - 5:00PM, do we know?

Ita 100 % to your entire post.

Mica had accused JPM of grooming since she was ten years old in my previous post I'd linked.
Where there's smoke ... there's fire ......
Omo.
IIRC, I think it's already been identified that there was a misquote/misprint regarding her age in that it was grooming her since '10 (ie: 2010) when she was 14 years old.

Not that that makes a difference in this smokey inferno. This guy is a danger to women and girls.

Mostly things we have already known, but with a couple new tidbits ...

According to family members, John-Paul and Mica met when she was fourteen years old and her family began attending worship services at Solid Rock. Within a couple of years, John-Paul officiated the wedding of Mica and his good friend, Jeremy Deas, who he sometimes referred to as his “right-hand man”.

In 2015, when John-Paul and Mica’s affair became public knowledge, the pastors of Solid Rock Ministries were John-Paul and Alison “Ali” Miller. Ali is John-Paul’s first wife and the mother of four of his five children. John-Paul’s oldest child, according to family court records, was born out of wedlock ...

The following year, on September 14, 2016, both couples – John-Paul and Alison Miller and Jeremy and Mica Deas – filed for divorce in Horry County. John-Paul and Mica married a little over a year later – on December 31, 2017.

In the days immediately following Mica’s death last month, John-Paul was seen publicly with Solid Rock member Suzie Skinner – prompting some to wonder whether the pastor was once again recruiting a new wife from within his flock. Multiple sources have told FITSNews their relationship has been going on for some time.

Curiously, the supposed suicide of Mica Miller and the drowning of Christopher Skinner aren’t the only suspicious deaths connected to this story. Keep it tuned to FITSNews as we continue to follow every viable lead in pursuit of answers.

What a mess.

Sex, Affairs, Abuse, Money, Suspicious Death. It sure will make for a really good Dateline episode.

JMO

Wow just caught up on two threads. Here’s a couple of questions thoughts:
Where was his Dad when Mica committed suicide?
I’d be interested to see text messages back and forth in the two days leading to her death.
Do we know the name of the person he was with at the time of death?
I thought the video of him on the grass was body cam footage from a police officer. That’s just what I thought not fact. And the officer was allowing someone to come for him (mark). If it was a police officer, why wasn’t he taken in to custody for driving like that? If it were me or you, we would be in trouble. So is there a relationship with him and police that might help him cover his *advertiser censored** in this circumstance and previous ones?
I got the impression that the person filming was a neighbor/church member. MOO.

I don’t know what goes through someone’s mind in the last moments of a life he or she chooses to end.

I presume someone may have clashing thoughts about it, even as the person has determined that this is the point of no return.

IMO this was her suicide note. She wanted to express, verbally rather than a letter, that she was literally about to kill herself. She may have intuited that her loved ones would know why.

I believe she didn’t want her family to spend their lives wondering if she were dead, kidnapped, missing somewhere. She wanted to put a period to her sentence about what she was doing.

Why she drove there, I don’t think we will know.

JMO
I agree 100% and about why she went there, maybe she didn't want anyone she knew or loved to find her body and have to live with that memory.

That's actually not a very big salary for a senior pastor of a church like Solid Rock.

Most pastors receive salary packages. Ministers are considered self-employed so they pay self-employment taxes. Their packages are broken down into categories, such as: Salary, Housing Allowance, Office/Education Expense, Travel Expense, Insurances, Retirement, etc. So if a Pastor has a package of $100,000, not all of that money goes in his pocket. After paying the self-employment taxes, and reserving line items to pay for those other expenses, he might bring home $700 per week.

I have a feeling JPM made much more than what's being shown on that site.
Most also get money for their taxes too. At my church it is called SECA and is .068 (I think) of salary. It is reported on the W2 and it is also figured into the pension payments the church makes.
They are well compensated but it is pretty much an around the clock job with lots of responsibilities.

Can anyone here tell me if JP's ex- wife Alison (mentioned in some articles) has ever spoken out on this case or about him? I would be very interested in what she had to say.

Edited for spelling.
I have a feeling that she is keeping quiet about this out of the whole "respect for the father of my children" thing, and to reduce any embarrassment for them. I know at least one of them is married, and presumably an adult, but the others may not be. Also, he hasn't been arrested for anything, and she may fear for her own safety, and theirs too.

Pastor John Paul Miller didn't pull the trigger, but in my mind he is responsible for Mica's suicide. I hope LE stays hot on this con artist's heels and discovers something for which he can be charged and arrested.
The last place he should land is in another church where he can start over with conning, money laundering, and abuse. imo
Yes and I fully agree. And if the federal authorities are also now involved one could hope that they will investigate wide and deep.

There was a recent precedent-setting federal cyberstalking case in Delaware. David Matusiewucz, his sister, and their now deceased parents. And the death of his ex-wife and her friend. The facts of that case differ, but one hopes that maybe some aspects of that case - and the Michelle Carter case involving the suicide of a friend might be examined for possible relevance and application in the case of John Paul Miller, his now dead wife, and any threatening, harassment, and other possible impropriety.

Here is a link to the federal Matusiewicz case. There might be some additional updates to that case. MOO:

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to look around at the Solid Rock website, it has been down for all but about 24 hours of the last two weeks. However, linked is an archived version from May 3, the last date you can see and navigate.

Looking at the site, under the 'about' tab is a bio on JPM, which starts out...

Pastor John-Paul Miller spent his teenage years playing the piano in churches as well as night clubs. He thought “Church was for fake people who were one way in public and another way behind closed doors”.

It seems that in his case, he was right. JMO

Last edited:
I've been reading a bit about this case when I can, what a convoluted mess. I don't think JP killed Mica, it seems clear she chose to take her own life. But I do believe she honestly felt like that was the only way out of a life full of gas lighting, manipulation and control and that is extremely disheartening and terrifying.

Can anyone here tell me if JP's ex- wife Alison (mentioned in some articles) has ever spoken out on this case or about him? I would be very interested in what she had to say.

Edited for spelling.
She definitely has made some comments, I don't have time to find them right now since I'm at work. They were not nice.

I've been reading a bit about this case when I can, what a convoluted mess. I don't think JP killed Mica, it seems clear she chose to take her own life. But I do believe she honestly felt like that was the only way out of a life full of gas lighting, manipulation and control and that is extremely disheartening and terrifying.

Edited for spelling.
AFAIK, she has not spoken out since Mica's death, but this will get you up to speed on what his ex-wife Alison said in her affidavit when filing for divorce...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back