Found Deceased SC - Misty Johnson, 39, Greenville, 12 September 2013 *Arrest*

I hope his defense attorney doesn't go off about that, but I don't know what they can do about not being able to determine that she may not have been shot or stabbed. You can be stabbed and the knife not hit bone. You can be choked with no signs if the bone in the neck is not broken. I guess you can be shot if no bones were hit by a bullet, and no bullet is found. Anybody know of a specific case that a body was found but no determination of death was known?
We all know Misty didn't go down that road and lay in the trash on her own.
If I had to guess, I would think this beat and choked her in a rage.

I hope his defense attorney doesn't go off about that, but I don't know what they can do about not being able to determine that she may not have been shot or stabbed. You can be stabbed and the knife not hit bone. You can be choked with no signs if the bone in the neck is not broken. I guess you can be shot if no bones were hit by a bullet, and no bullet is found. Anybody know of a specific case that a body was found but no determination of death was known?

Yes. The case of Dr Mcneil that Nancy Grace was following. Just convicted of murder yesterday. Wife was found dead in bathtub. Cause of death undetermined.

Jeffrey Trevino recently convicted of killing his wife Kira Steger. Body found in Mississippi river. Several theories on how she died, but I don't believe any official cause of death. In this case he was arrested for murder before her body was actually found I believe.

I believe a death can still be ruled a homicide without a cause of death. COD & homicide are two different things. An example would be the famous case in California where the woman was found hanging from the balcony. COD strangulation. Could be ruled suicide or homicide.

I believe a death can still be ruled a homicide without a cause of death. COD & homicide are two different things. An example would be the famous case in California where the woman was found hanging from the balcony. COD strangulation. Could be ruled suicide or homicide.

Nobody was ever charged in that case and they settled on suicide, even with the family even hiring an attorney to investigate. I guess juries have to use common sense to know that Misty didn't just run off and die in the woods that far from home. Seems to be enough evidence to put him at her house and fighting with her and driving around in her car. Hope so!!

Nobody was ever charged in that case and they settled on suicide, even with the family even hiring an attorney to investigate. I guess juries have to use common sense to know that Misty didn't just run off and die in the woods that far from home. Seems to be enough evidence to put him at her house and fighting with her and driving around in her car. Hope so!!

Good memory sophiebelle. I'll probably spend the rest of the night trying to recall her name. Something unusual exotic

Good memory sophiebelle. I'll probably spend the rest of the night trying to recall her name. Something unusual exotic

Are y'all referring to Rebecca Zahau?

HTH... :seeya:

Are y'all referring to Rebecca Zahau?

HTH... :seeya:
Yep. Thanks! I was going to search and the hard drive in my 'puter died and I've been without. Now I'm back! I kept trying to think of Rebecca's name without Google and my thinker didn't work. I know her sister had an attorney to get more info, but I guess it went nowhere. I too had my doubts on Rebecca being able to tie herself up like that, and I still don't know for sure. But with Misty, if she wanted to kill herself, would she have walked that far just to hide her own body?:moo: One thing I have learned, is to not be sure of anything!

Does anyone know any more details about this case? Is Samuel Hawkins still incarcerated? Has a trial date been set? I'm surprised that there has been nothing else reported.

Does anyone know any more details about this case? Is Samuel Hawkins still incarcerated? Has a trial date been set? I'm surprised that there has been nothing else reported.

He is still in Greenville, SC Detention Center. I can't link it, but just did a search and he's there. He was not given a bond when arrested. So he will stay there until trial or unless his attorney gets a new bond hearing. Haven't seen a trial date or hearings date.

I've tried to find info on an upcoming trial, or any new court hearings. I found nothing. I emailed the reporter at Foxcarolina to ask if he could find out when the trial nay be scheduled. Hope he responds.

Fox did respond and said sometimes these trials take a while, and they check frequently and will update.

She's been dead 4 years. Samuel is still in jail. God will avenge her. When will justice be served in this life?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back