SC - Paul Murdaugh,22 & Mom Margaret,52, 7 June 2021 *Media, Maps, Timeline-NO DISCUSSION*

Tiff23fr

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

Individuals by Initials Relevant to This Discussion:
Victims
:
PM - Paul Murdaugh, 22
MM - Margaret Murdaugh, 52

Family Referenced in Media:
AM- Alex Murdaugh (Father to Paul and wife to Margaret)
BM - Buster Murdaugh (Brother to Paul and son to Margaret)
RM3 - Randolph Murdaugh III - (Father of Alex, Randolph IV, and John Murdaugh (died shortly after the murders)
RM4 - Randolph Murdaugh IV - (Brother of Alex and John Murdaugh)
JM - John Murdaugh (Brother to Alex - Interviewed on Good Morning America)

Others:
MB - Mallory Beach (Boat crash victim)

GS - Gloria Satterfield - (Former housekeeper for the Murdaughs)

SS- Stephen Smith (2015 death re-opened as a result of murders)
SS1 - Sandy Smith (Stephen Smith’s mother, reached out to FBI/media)
SS2 - Stephanie Smith (Stephen’s twin sister that spoke with Inside Edition)
EP- Erin Presnell (Pathologist deemed Smith was struck by car)
TP- Todd Proctor (Investigator in Stephen Smith case)

RH- Richard Harvey (Coronor for Paul and Margaret)

*To request an update to the initials list please REPORT this post and include the individuals name and the media source the individual is referenced in*

Last edited:
To search Hampton, Colleton & Beaufort County records ( all public) :

Hampton County court cases - https://publicindex.sccourts.org/hampton/publicindex/

Beach civil suit direct - https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Ha...010552108879910753697980110787411480116999048

• Depositions can be found in the 6/9/20 docket entry after selecting the "Actions" tab

Hampton County Tax Assessor (property and vehicle taxes) - Taxes

Colleton County property records - Colleton County Search Deeds

Colleton County Tax Assessor (property and vehicle taxes) - Online Tax Payment Center

Beaufort County property records - Beaufort County, South Carolina

Murdaugh et al law firm - PMPED Law Firm | Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, Detrick

Last edited:
Aerial photos of the Moselle property attached.

Attachments

• Moselle Main House.png
    Moselle Main House.png
    749.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Moselle Property Aerial.png
    Moselle Property Aerial.png
    731.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Moselle Red Roof .jpeg
    Moselle Red Roof .jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Moselle Kennels.jpeg
    Moselle Kennels.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 156
As requested:
Here are my revised (hopefully more accurate) annotated partial aerials of Moselle and alleged crime scene.

Attachments

• MOSELLE - Kennels & Crime Scene.jpg
    MOSELLE - Kennels & Crime Scene.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 250
  • MOSELLE Measure House#1 to Kennels.JPG
    MOSELLE Measure House#1 to Kennels.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 258
  • MOSELLE Measure House#2 to Kennel.jpg
    MOSELLE Measure House#2 to Kennel.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 233
  • MOSELLE SITE - 4147 Moselle Rd.jpg
    MOSELLE SITE - 4147 Moselle Rd.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 202
Photos of Rte. 63 bridge over the Salkehatchie River, where it's alleged that LE was searching for evidence. Learn more about the bridge.

Attachments

• Moselle Rd to Rt63 Bridge.jpg
    Moselle Rd to Rt63 Bridge.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 102
  • Salkenhatchie at Rt63 Bridge.jpg
    Salkenhatchie at Rt63 Bridge.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Rt63 Bridge Downstream Face.jpg
    Rt63 Bridge Downstream Face.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Rt63 Bridge Upstream Face.jpg
    Rt63 Bridge Upstream Face.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 87
I found a pretty extensive timeline in MSM:
Murdaugh Murder Timeline: Alex Murdaugh shot in the head

A snapshot of 2021 (from the timeline linked above):

June 7, 2021: Alex Murdaugh discovers the bodies of his son Paul and wife Maggie at their 1,770-acre hunting lodge on Moselle Road in Islandton, Colleton County. A 911 call is placed at 10:07 p.m.

"I need the police and ambulance immediately," Alex Murdaugh says in the 911 call. "My wife and child have been shot badly!"

The Colleton County Sheriff's Office responds and secures the scene. South Carolina's State Law Enforcement Division is contacted at 10:28 p.m. to assist. SLED agents arrive at 11:47 p.m.

Murdaugh family friend Tangie Ohmer tells WJCL: "It was just siren after siren..."

June 8, 2021: Authorities confirm the identities of the deceased, referring to the incident as a double homicide. However, they say there is no threat to the public.

June 11, 2021: A graveside service is held at Hampton Cemetery for both Paul and Maggie Murdaugh.

June 14, 2021: The Colleton County Coroner confirms both Paul and Maggie Murdaugh died from multiple gunshot wounds. The estimated time of death is somewhere between 9 and 9:30 p.m.

June 16, 2021: SLED creates a 24-hour dedicated tipline for the case: 803-896-2605.

June 17, 2021: Alex Murdaugh's brothers, Randy Murdaugh IV and John Marvin Murdaugh, appear in an exclusive interview with ABC News in which they plead with the public to come forward with any information. They say they don't know whether the family has enemies but Paul Murdaugh had received threats.

June 21, 2021: SLED releases a handful of heavily-redacted documents shedding light on what deputies discovered the night of the murders.

June 23, 2021: Based on information gathered in the Murdaugh investigation, SLED says it is looking into the 2015 death of Stephen Smith in Hampton County. SLED does not elaborate on what information it obtained.

June 25, 2021: Members of the Murdaugh family formally announce a $100,000 reward for information that leads to arrest in the double homicide.

July 7, 2021: Attorneys representing a survivor of the boat crash that killed Mallory Beach filed a petition alleging law enforcement tried to shift the blame from Paul Murdaugh to their client, Connor Cook.

July 14, 2021: During a court hearing, Circuit Judge Bentley Price said he would review the redactions made by SLED in publicly-released documents pertaining to the case and if he felt they weren’t legal, order more information released.

July 22, 2021: SLED releases the 911 call placed by Alex Murdaugh the night Paul and Maggie Murdaugh were killed.

Aug. 6, 2021: People magazine spotlights the double homicide of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh.

The South Carolina Attorney General's Office drops all charges against Paul Murdaugh in the death of Mallory Beach due to his own death.

Aug. 11, 2021: 14th Circuit Solicitor Duffie Stone sends a letter to South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson stating he intends to recuse himself from the investigations into the deaths of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

Aug. 17, 2021: Following a Freedom of Information Act request, WJCL receives photos and videos from the South Carolina Attorney General's Office collected as evidence following the boat crash that killed Mallory Beach.

Sept. 4, 2021: Father of Paul Murdaugh and husband to Maggie, Alex Murdaugh is shot in the head while changing a tire in Hampton County, according to a family spokesperson. SLED is investigating. He is hospitalized in Savannah and said to be conscious and speaking.

Sept. 6, 2021: Alex Murdaugh releases a statement that says, in part, he is resigning from his law firm and entering rehab.

"I was shocked, just as the rest of my PMPED family, to learn of my brother, Alex’s, drug addiction and stealing of money. I love my law firm family and also love Alex as my brother. While I will support him in his recovery, I do not support, condone, or excuse his conduct in stealing by manipulating his most trusted relationships. I will continue to pursue my client’s interests with the highest degree of honesty and integrity, as I always have."

Randolph Murdaugh issues statement on events involving Alex Murdaugh

For your convenience early photos around crime area. Hope file titles will serve as captions. Close study may reveal new insights now that we have the 911 recording and further discussions have ensued.

One comment on JMM with phone. In "His Phone" he appears to be looking for the supposed app to locate MM's phone. In "LE Has Phone," it appears that the officer has taken possession of phone as they walk out toward Moselle Rd.

Attachments

• JMMurdaugh LE Has Phone.jpg
    JMMurdaugh LE Has Phone.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 91
  • JMMurdaugh wHis Phone.jpg
    JMMurdaugh wHis Phone.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Moselle - Kennels Seen Thru Trees.jpeg
    Moselle - Kennels Seen Thru Trees.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Moselle - LE Discussions.png
    Moselle - LE Discussions.png
    684 KB · Views: 86
  • Moselle - LE Near Body Site.jpg
    Moselle - LE Near Body Site.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Moselle - Mailbox.jpg
    Moselle - Mailbox.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Moselle - Main Drive.jpg
    Moselle - Main Drive.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Moselle - Regulated Medical Vehicle.JPG
    Moselle - Regulated Medical Vehicle.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Moselle - Service Drive.jpg
    Moselle - Service Drive.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 87
death-certificate-756x1024.jpeg (756×1024) (fitsnews.com)
death-certificate-756x1024.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back