SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm back from my cruise. I was so happy to see that the ship had Fox News on and they were covering the trial live. I did get to see the verdict read and it's a wonder ship security did not come and detain me when I whooped so loud people probably thought I had been thrown overboard. LOL. There was a group of us on board following the trial. I'm so happy that justice was brought for Maggie and Paul.

I think he was angry at PM, over the boat accident. Lost it, killed him in a fit of rage, and MM was there, so she had to die. PM's boating accident and the death of the young girl on board, in AM's eyes, set his fall from grace in motion.

I'm not sure where /when AM/MM's umbrella policy became known as a "commercial policy."

Commercial insurance is reserved for business, and an accident by your child and liability resulting from the child's or parents' negligence is personal, not commercial.

Generally, an individual should purchase umbrella insurance if the total value of their assets, including ordinary checking and savings accounts, retirement and college savings and investment accounts, and home equity is greater than the limits of their auto or homeowner's liability.

The insurance commission of every state determines the limit of liability in your insurance policy that places caps on the maximum payout per policy.

The same is true for:
  • Per-occurrence limits: The maximum amount an insurer will pay for a single event/claim.
  • Per-person limits: The maximum amount an insurer will pay for one person’s claims.
  • Combined limits: A single limit that can be applied to several coverage types.
  • Aggregate limits: The total amount that can be paid out for all claims during a period (often a year).
  • Split limits: A combination of per-occurrence, per-person, and aggregate limits.
The State of South Carolina's Insurance Commission linked below for homeowner's policy cites Comprehensive Personal Liability as an all-purpose liability policy, which follows you wherever you go-- with a few exceptions such as automobile and boating accidents.

How much umbrella insurance do you need?

Umbrella insurance provides excess liability coverage that goes above and beyond what your car and home insurance policies provide. It protects you and your assets if you face a large lawsuit.

Without personal umbrella coverage, you would have to pay out-of-pocket for any costs beyond your home or auto insurance limit. If you can’t pay, you could have a lien placed on your home. Your wages could be garnished, and your savings, retirement investments, and other assets might be up for grabs.

Types of Coverage in a Homeowner's Insurance Policy | Department of Insurance, SC - Official Website

Perhaps AM had Moselle in an LLC, saying that the property was a pay to hunt, or pay to stay, hunting club that was income producing, would commercial insurance be a necessity? M00

The case was brought by Nautilus Insurance Company in April of 2022 after the company was subpoenaed by a Grand Jury in connection to Murdaugh’s financial crimes.

Nautilus is the company that provided Murdaugh’s insurance, including the wrongful death settlement after the death of Murdaugh’s former housekeeper Gloria Satterfield, who died after allegedly tripping and falling down the stairs at Murdaugh’s home. Murdaugh embezzled the over $4M that was supposed to go to Satterfield’s sons.

A suit has been brought against Murdaugh by the Satterfield Estate, and Nautilus is also seeking damages for Murdaugh’s defrauding of the company.

BBM from the article.

"..In the months after the murders, Murdaugh put Moselle on the market and it is currently under offer for a $3.9m bid from a mystery buyer.

The property was first listed in February 2022 – eight months after Maggie and Paul’s murders and five months before Murdaugh was charged with them – under a new name of Cross Swamp Farm.

It was later changed back to Moselle Farm.

According to the listing by the Crosby Land Co. of Colleton County, Moselle consists of 1,772 acres of “an unusually diverse habitat with varying forest types and age class distribution”.

“The landscape includes productive pine plantations, open fallow fields, and mature stands of mixed pine/hardwood, those upland regions give way to the flat bottomland of the Salkehatchie River Basin,” it reads.

“The property boasts over 2.5 miles of river frontage, offering freshwater fishing, kayaking, and abundant deer, turkey, and waterfowl populations.”

The family home was built in 2011 and consists of four bedrooms and 3.5 baths, meaning it could “easily be converted into a weekend hunting lodge with the capability to sleep up to 15 people”, the listing reads.

“This is truly a top-tier property, complete with all the improvements and amenities one would expect from a high-end sporting property with little or no deferred maintenance cost,” it reads.

A buyer – said to be a local landowner – put in an offer in June 2022. But the sale was put on hold when Murdaugh was accused of trying to offload his assets to avoid paying up in a string of lawsuits he is facing, prompting a court to freeze his assets.."

I watched the Murdaugh Murders documentary on Netflix, and honestly couldn't believe what I was watching! How can 3 members of the same family be involved in such awful crimes? It makes me sad to think that some prominent families think they are above the law like this. It is such a shame these murders had to happen at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was angry at PM, over the boat accident. Lost it, killed him in a fit of rage, and MM was there, so she had to die. PM's boating accident and the death of the young girl on board, in AM's eyes, set his fall from grace in motion.
I also think that AM really needed his pills after being confronted at his law office. I think he rode around with Paul that day to talk him into giving him his pills and getting more and more angry. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He went berserk.

I also think that AM really needed his pills after being confronted at his law office. I think he rode around with Paul that day to talk him into giving him his pills and getting more and more angry. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. He went berserk.

Why? He could have gotten pills from a bunch of places. It's not like Paul was his drug dealer and/or the gatekeeper for AM to find drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221