SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #44

With all due respect, WTH.

Did she really need to do this like this? Grand. Stand.

Not related to the open investigation? SMH

14 minutes I'd like back.

I'll wait.
Of course she did - that's how it works in Colleton County!

IMO, BH wasn't talking to her constituents, she was talking directly to the jury pool -- possibly her future jurors.

3/25/24

[..]

After Hill announced her resignation Monday, Neil Gordon sent out the following statement:

“A South Carolina Law Enforcement Division agent interviewed me Friday morning. They expressed a great deal of concern about Becky possibly using her office for personal gain. In their questioning of me, they were honing in on how many different times Becky did book signings, interviews, and speaking engagements during the workday. I sincerely hope her resignation lessens any potential action taken against her, and that it restores public trust in the office of clerk of court.”

Gordon announced he will be making a large donation to charity from profits he made on the book he co-authored with Hill before it was pulled from shelves. Additionally, Gordon said he is writing a new book entitled "Trial Watchers," which will continue the story from the time of Hill's admission of plagiarism and subsequent interviews by SLED.

Until her last sentence I thought she was just saying she wouldn’t run for re-election and then boom also my resignation is effective today - what an odd way to resign from an elected position. If it truly had nothing to do with the investigation against her then why not finish out the term and just not run again?

Also, if I were a local I’d want to know who files to run in this coming week and what that person’s connection is to BH as I suspect the timing of her resignation may also involve someone who wanted to run but would not do so if she was still going to run or was still in office…maybe she did it so the deputy clerk could throw his hat in the ring as he seemed to sidestep that question. If he files in the next few days I would think that her resignation was mean to be a benefit to him and he’d have to convince me otherwise to get my vote.

This did not need a press conference, could have been an email. Looks like she does like the cameras. moo

Agree. She, if not in her own mind, viewed herself as 'special' whether it was her position in the community or her lineage in the community. Whatever, it has backfired on her and a quiet exit would have showed more class than bringing it to the public.

GJhnLDzWIAEbuF5

I don't think her staff looks too happy to be props for a news conference.

More than $6 million in money stolen by disgraced lawyer Alex Murdaugh is unaccounted for, and he failed a polygraph test about where it is, federal prosecutors said in a federal court filing on Tuesday afternoon.

The disclosures were made in a motion by federal prosecutors that seeks the maximum penalty for Murdaugh for his federal financial crimes.

[…]

As part of his guilty plea last September, Murdaugh agreed to be polygraphed and to tell the truth.

But after a polygraph session and interviews with the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, prosecutors now believe Murdaugh did not tell the truth, “despite numerous interview sessions during which the Government gave Murdaugh every opportunity to be fully truthful and forthright,” the government’s motion said.

“The FBI examiner determined that all of Murdaugh’s responses during the polygraph examination indicated deception,” the motion said.

The filing did not specify the exact questions to which prosecutors believe he gave deceptive answers.

[…]

B6AC2EE8-7713-445E-BC4A-6922DC361448.jpeg1C2858F6-AB23-4BD0-BE13-2CC2605AC0A0.jpeg0E919512-C823-4F94-8E4B-61BAE7C29492.jpeg5B86643A-C872-4221-85DF-D0413496592F.jpeg

@TheEricBland
Follow

Evidently it was in his plea agreement that was filed with the court at the time of the September 2023 plea which provided that any federal sentence for the same crimes that he would plead guilty to on the state level would be run concurrently and not consecutively. I do not recall hearing that or seeing the entire plea agreement and if I did, I would have gone apoplectic at the time. I am told that the concurrent and not consecutive sentence to be imposed was publicly discussed by the federal prosecutors. I do not recall that or I would have publicly voiced my opposition. Apologies to Emily Limehouse. I am totally supportive of the motion to vacate the plea based on new information that Murdaugh failed the required polygraph. Hopefully Judge Gergel will reject the plea or hold that Murdaugh is pleading to different crimes in federal court than he did on state level, and that the sentences will not run concurrently. EB

2:00 PM · Mar 26, 2024
·

More than $6 million in money stolen by disgraced lawyer Alex Murdaugh is unaccounted for, and he failed a polygraph test about where it is, federal prosecutors said in a federal court filing on Tuesday afternoon.

The disclosures were made in a motion by federal prosecutors that seeks the maximum penalty for Murdaugh for his federal financial crimes.

[…]

As part of his guilty plea last September, Murdaugh agreed to be polygraphed and to tell the truth.

But after a polygraph session and interviews with the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, prosecutors now believe Murdaugh did not tell the truth, “despite numerous interview sessions during which the Government gave Murdaugh every opportunity to be fully truthful and forthright,” the government’s motion said.

“The FBI examiner determined that all of Murdaugh’s responses during the polygraph examination indicated deception,” the motion said.

The filing did not specify the exact questions to which prosecutors believe he gave deceptive answers.

[…]

View attachment 492987View attachment 492988View attachment 492989View attachment 492990
Brilliant disclosures here, and thank you @Cindizzi for posting.

Although we often hear that polygraphs are not admissible in court, this is a good example where the terms were jointly set by the parties to allow a polygraph in a Federal Court, and the consequences would be determined at the discretion of the Court.

In this case, the Government Prosecutor is asking the Court to hold AM in breach and find the plea agreement between the parties null and void, relieving the Government of its obligation to recommend a concurrent sentence.

AM also agreed that his failure to pass any polygraph to the Government's satisfaction will result, at the Government's sole discretion, in the Government's obligations becoming null and void.

More astounding revelations on convicted double murderer AM and apparent missing millions of dollars - of other people’s money.

On reflection, it causes one to wonder whether AM has ever told the truth about anything?

And I agree with other posters here - the judge should reconsider the federal sentence and how it is to run. Solely based on the failed polygraph. And compounded by supposed ~6 million dollars missing. MOO

Last edited:
How this so called "man" made it this far in life is really astounding. Anytime he opens his mouth a lie is coming out of it. What a disgrace.

So I'm guessing this is going to take away any country club style prison he had the remotest chance of spending the rest of his life in. IF he does get a new murder trial and IF he was found innocent he MAY have had a chance, but I have to think what's the point of even going thru another trial at this point? Any of hope of his testimony in a new trial will be torpedoed by the fact that he's lied over and over and over again, even when given a life-line. Hard time for Alex from here on out. Well deserved!

No surprise... he is a liar. No surprise... he got preferential treatment again. No surprise... everyone is surprised because nothing is transparent in this county. No surprise... money is missing.

I want him to go away and never be heard from again. He thrives on his lies and making others miserable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back