GUILTY SC - Rodricus Williams, 2, Charleston, 6 July 2010

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12763964
story and video at link.

Father, girlfriend charged with homicide by child abuse

MONCKS CORNER, SC (WCSC) - Moments after the Berkeley County sheriff announced the preliminary forensics findings Thursday morning, charges were filed against the father and his live-in girlfriend.

28-year-old Roger Williams and Grace Nicole Trotman are being charged with homicide by child abuse by the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, said Sheriff Wayne DeWitt.

DeWitt Thursday morning said Medical University forensics experts had isolated the remains of a boy in a cement-filled trash can found near a rural SC town.

"It's the body of a small, African-American boy," DeWitt said.

He added the hair was in small twists, consistent with the description of the missing boy released Tuesday night by Charleston police. The body was badly decomposed and an autopsy was pending to determine the boy's cause of death, he said.
<snip>

so in other words, he has been missing since waayyy before this.

This is my home town. :banghead:

For crying out loud leave the children alone! You're mad at the world, at baby mama, baby daddy, whoever...dont hurt the little ones...it isnt their fault.

OT~Any other locals feel free to contact me. I hate that we were brought together under these circumstances but its nice to know the are other sleuthers here in SC. Im trying to dig up some info to start a thread on cold case Justin Turner from Moncks Corner. I dont think the poor little guy ever received his justice.

This is my home town. :banghead:

For crying out loud leave the children alone! You're mad at the world, at baby mama, baby daddy, whoever...dont hurt the little ones...it isnt their fault.

OT~Any other locals feel free to contact me. I hate that we were brought together under these circumstances but its nice to know the are other sleuthers here in SC. Im trying to dig up some info to start a thread on cold case Justin Turner from Moncks Corner. I dont think the poor little guy ever received his justice.

<Well you can see where I am,LOL. But.. Jawja born and bred.
I will look in Justin also. >

When I saw this the first time, it was because I was looking for info an ANOTHER local shooting.
In this poor baby's case, I want to know WHY the father had him,where things went so wrong...

story and video at link.

MONCKS CORNER, SC (WCSC) - Moments after the Berkeley County sheriff announced the preliminary forensics findings Thursday morning, charges were filed against the father and his live-in girlfriend.

28-year-old Roger Williams and Grace Nicole Trotman are being charged with homicide by child abuse by the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, said Sheriff Wayne DeWitt.

DeWitt Thursday morning said Medical University forensics experts had isolated the remains of a boy in a cement-filled trash can found near a rural SC town.

He added the hair was in small twists, consistent with the description of the missing boy released Tuesday night by Charleston police. The body was badly decomposed and an autopsy was pending to determine the boy's cause of death, he said.
<snip>

BBM. I'm sorry to hear that. In SC that charge only carries a 20 years to life sentence. Aiding only gets you 10-20.

I wish they'd charged them with straight up murder.

I hate this state sometimes. It's one of the best places to get away with murdering children.

BBM. I'm sorry to hear that. In SC that charge only carries a 20 years to life sentence. Aiding only gets you 10-20.

I wish they'd charged them with straight up murder.

I hate this state sometimes. It's one of the best places to get away with murdering children.

I am hoping that when the investigation continues they will be charged with other crimes.

story and video at link.

<snip>

Has anyone seen a photo of the girlfriend? Is she a minor? Both of these photos should be on front page.

Has anyone seen a photo of the girlfriend? Is she a minor? Both of these photos should be on front page.

No but I will see what I can find.

http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/l...d_of_missing_toddlers_father_arrested/153515/

She looks as much a winner as him.
grace_nichole_trotman.JPG

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12775711
Friend: Trotman feared Williams

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A longtime friend of the woman charged in the apparent death of a two year old boy says the suspect feared her co defendant in the case.

Grace Trotman, 24, and Roger Williams, 29, are charged with homicide by child abuse.

Berkeley County sheriff's deputies say a body found encased in cement in a trash can in Orangeburg County may be that Williams' son.

Rodricus Williams, 2, was reported missing by Trotman Thursday night.

A woman who asked her to hide her identity said Williams had control over Trotman. "I don't know what she was thinking," said the woman who asked us to call her "Cindy." I mean, I know he had mind control over her. If he says stand up she would stand up. if he says sit down, she will sit down."

Cindy said Trotman feared Williams and that she was afraid to leave the father of her two children. "Think she should have been a long ago got out of this situation. It wouldn't have even come to this."

She believes Williams told Trotman to lie to police that the boy fell into waters on Charleston's Battery.

<snip>
I am not even going to comment. I like it here.

I'm refraining from commenting on that too Redkat. I like it here too.

This is from my neck of the woods.

The tragic tale started Tuesday night when police were notified a boy had fallen over the Battery wall and into Charleston harbor. Rescue crews scrambled to the scene and spent several hours searching the harbor for the missing two-year-old.

snipped

According to the affidavit, Trotman admitted to an FBI agent that "she made up the missing child story to cover up an incident in which great bodily harm to the child occurred."

authorities were directed to an abandoned mobile home near Bowman in Orangeburg County where they found a cement-filled trash can.

The can was transported to MUSC and the contents were "forensically disassembled" to determine whether the boy's body was inside, DeWitt said.

RIP little Rodricus Fred Williams... you will never be hurt or neglected ever again.

These stories are popping up all over, every day. What is wrong with these people??

This is my home town. :banghead:For crying out loud leave the children alone! You're mad at the world, at baby mama, baby daddy, whoever...dont hurt the little ones...it isnt their fault.

Me too. :(
Not there right now, but close.

I'm so sorry for this sweet, little boy. Once again, a child who would have been FINE with his mother, but his sperm donor wouldn't let that happen.

May he burn in HE77! And his stupid little girlfriend too!

oh yeah the ol 'i was afraid of him' nonsense.

i remember susan smith only got 20 years each basically for both boys. all cause the jury bought her weepy garbage and wouldnt give her the dp.

i hope neither of these peices of uhhh art ever see the light of day.

Arrests affidavits indicate Rodricus died "from injuries and/or physical distress" around June 6 while he was in Trotman's care at her Summerville home. Williams was away from home when Trotman contacted him about "an ongoing medical issue with the child." He ordered her not to seek medical help for his son and, upon returning home, he refused to take action himself to save the boy, affidavits stated.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jul/09/officials-father-let-boy-die/

From reading the article it seems the "injury or incident" may not have been caused by the girlfriend, but she was caring for him when the baby started having issues related to the incident.

Arrests affidavits indicate Rodricus died "from injuries and/or physical distress" around June 6 while he was in Trotman's care at her Summerville home. Williams was away from home when Trotman contacted him about "an ongoing medical issue with the child." He ordered her not to seek medical help for his son and, upon returning home, he refused to take action himself to save the boy, affidavits stated.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jul/09/officials-father-let-boy-die/

From reading the article it seems the "injury or incident" may not have been caused by the girlfriend, but she was caring for him when the baby started having issues related to the incident.

Quite a few interesting comments. Nothing verifiable at this time, but hopefully more will come out when they get the records from MUSC.

I'm soooo soooo sooo sick of these women claiming they were too afraid to get children help.

I can't even stop myself from saying this... She was weak... looking at his past drug offenses with crack and whatnot, there is no doubt in my mind that the only control he had over her was drugs. They will make you do shameful things... Why won't these women leave these men? There are so many resources available out there to help them get out of abusive and controlling relationships.. help for them and their babies. Over and over again we see babies being beaten and tortured and dumped like garbage all because these women won't speak up.

There is a cycle of abuse that occurs and these women don't seem to understand that when you allow your children to grow up in an abusive home, there is a significant chance that the children themselves will grow up to abuse others as well.... It's sickening and heart breaking that women in this day and age are still allowing this to happen not only to themselves but to the babies in the home as well.

Senseless... so very very senseless.

Charleston police released a tape Friday of the 911 call Trotman placed that night. In a calm voice, she is heard telling a police dispatcher that the boy simply disappeared when she was walking with her children.
"When I turned back around, he wasn't there," she said. "Um, I have some people right now that's helping me try to look for him, but we don't seem to find him."
That was because he had been dead about a month at the point, according to arrest affidavits.
If the couple was plagued by guilt, Williams gave no indication of that on his Facebook page, which he used to promote events for Pipeboyz Entertainment. He was busy hawking one event just two days after his son reportedly died. The page, on which he goes by his middle name, shows a shirtless Williams hoisting a middle finger to a camera.
The events pitch "Wasted Wednesday," "Wet Bikini Wednesdays" and "Hypnotic Exotic Fridays" at Skyy Lounge in Goose Creek and other locations. In expletive-ridden posts, Williams boasts of having naked and near-naked women on hand, cheap drinks and cash give-aways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back