Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there was a bit of good luck involved, but you’ve really gotta hand it to law enforcement here.

They took this disappearance seriously from the beginning, and were able to work together across jurisdictional lines.

Fortunately, this guy was as sloppy as sloppy gets, and they now have him dead to rights.

Dave Kinchen on Twitter
BREAKING: South Carolina police say 21 y/o #SamanthaJosephson’s body was found in a hard-to-access rural area several feet from a dirt road. Police later stopped suspect in Impala where the suspect fled on foot. Officers chased, arrested and charged Nathaniel David Rowland.
D28T4AYWoAA7JpZ.jpg

[URL="https://twitter.com/DaveKinchenUSA/status/1112129995093299201"]Dave Kinchen on Twitter[/URL]
@ColumbiaPDSC: Lots of blood found inside Chevy Impala that #SamanthaJosephson got into, mistaking it to be an #Uber. The victim’s cell phone, wipes and window cleaner also found inside car. Body found near suspect’s home.

If this guy hasn’t killed before I’m sure he would. The visible blood in the car was sloppy, but every serial killer has a first victim. If he hadn’t been caught so fast I bet he’d be at Walmart purchasing plastic sheets soon.

Kudos to the human K9 Officer that spotted the car. Too bad the footchase was in such a crowded area. His partner would have loved chasing after, leaping on and digging his/her beautiful teeth into this .

I see a need for something bigger than a key ring size window breaker but moo....
They have window punches that can hang from a keyring (google or just go to Amazon). One punch amd the safety glass shatters. There’s also a great tool a lot of first responders are issued that combines a window punch and seat belt cutter.

I’m so sorry about what has happened to Samantha it is heartbreaking reading her father’s Facebook post on news articles. I can’t imagine what Samantha’s family are going through.

May Samantha Josephson Rest In Peace.

They have window punches that can hang from a keyring (google or just go to Amazon). One punch amd the safety glass shatters. There’s also a great tool a lot of first responders are issued that combines a window punch and seat belt cutter.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I don't think either of these tools would have helped in this case and that is what I was commenting on.

Columbia Police Dept on Twitter
The SLED arrest warrants, as mentioned in today's news conference will be posted at the SLED website once the documents are served on suspect Rowland.

In speaking w/Josephson's parents, Chief Holbrook said during the news conference, "Our hearts are broken. There is nothing tougher than to stand before a family and explain how a loved one was murdered. It was gut-wrenching. This is personal to us."
D28db9CX4AIZ9IY.jpg

The Columbia Police Department appreciates the community's thoughts & prayers for the Josephson family. CPD victim advocates are assisting them during this tremendously difficult time. @UofSC please accept our most heartfelt condolences.

As they should be. Five Points has had its fair share of shootings, stabbings, etc. in previous years. I say this as a mother whose young college graduate moved to Cola several years ago. This mama kept up from afar with Cola news and Five Points stood out in some of that news. Not to say there aren't some nice businesses there, because there are. But a good dose of caution is warranted in that area.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I don't think either of these tools would have helped in this case and that is what I was commenting on.
I don’t know. If I’m ever trapped in car with someone dangerous I’d want a window punch.

With a window punch, a passenger could easily/quickly punch out their window, if not to escape at least to attract attention, Or if in the back seat while vehicle is movimg shatter the rear window —any car immediately behind you would notice it being shattered. It’s pretty cool to watch thousands of cracks appear all at once.

And if there’s no one nearby to notice glass breaking, a spring-loaded window-punch to the eye is a decent Plan B. Pepper spray is tricky in confined spaces. Knives are easily recognizable and can be used against you to kill you. And I don’t want to go off on a gun tangent here.

But a window punch hanging from a keychain looks innocuous. Even moreso if you paint it purple and put tiny stars or kitty stickers on it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl