Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve actually done this once. Gotten into a car I thought was my Uber. I had forgotten my ID so I U reed back to my house. I tracked the car (but didn’t check the vehicle type etc) and a guy pulled up and rolled his window down. My Uber was right behind this guy. I hopped in and started to tell him where to go. He was Spanish and didn’t speak English. I thought it was odd but I had been drinking. I was literally riding in this dudes car for about 7-10 min when my phone rings and it’s my Uber driver. He asked where I was and I said I’m in your Uber, or so I thought. He was like you’re not in my Uber. Get out now. I aggressively tapped dude on the shoulder and asked if he was an Uber and said “naw”! I screamed for him to pull over and he did immediately. I got out and my original Uber driver kept me on the phone until he reached me. I was so scared!! Anything could have happened! Looking back he was probably just some horny dude that saw a hot chick downtown and decided to “holler” at me. Then my dumbass got in his car. I won’t make that mistake again. I’m sure something similar happened with this girl but obviously it wasn’t so innocent :(. My friends daughter goes to school there and my own sister samantha also went there. The whole town is shook :(

Wow!!! That’s crazy!

Catching up here but wanted to mention for everyone that when taking Uber or Lyft:

1. Make sure you match the vehicle type and license plate with what’s shown on the app before you get in the vehicle.

2. Crosscheck the photo of the driver on the app.

rbbm.
Suspect Arrested In Five Points Slaying
A review of Rowland’s Facebook page revealed several posts apparently made after he allegedly killed Josephson – but before he was apprehended for the crime.

“It’s only one ME,” he wrote in one of the entries, which was posted last Friday. “I just make it look easy until you step in dese (shoes).”

“I’ll love to do it wit ya but I be damn if I can’t do it without ya,” he wrote in another post on Friday afternoon.

rowland4.jpg

(Via: Facebook)

This is an awful, awful case. Poor Samantha and her family! :(

—-
(Dear Mod,

Can you please add “SC” to the thread title? Tia. When I first saw the thread I thought, “wow, I can’t say I’ve sleuthed a case out of Columbia that I remember...”)

Last edited:
From the link:

According to his Facebook page, Rowland is a native of Brooklyn, New York, and now lives in Columbia, South Carolina.

The chief said that Josephson’s body was discovered in a “very rural” part of Clarendon County along Black Bottom Road close to the town of New Zion. Josephson’s body was found by hunters. Authorities say that Rowland formerly lived in the area. Rowland’s brother lists New Zion as his hometown on Facebook. Rowland attended East Clarendon High School where he played as a guard on the school’s basketball team. Rowlans graduated in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57