SC SC - Sherry Jones, 24, Greer, 1 Sept 1972

I believe it to be the first spelling,I also tracked A forest croft to Corsicana, but the number was disconnected!! I'll try the Facebook!! Thanks

I've reached out to the forrest croft in Corsicana Texas,let's all pray that it's him and that he will respond if for nothing else maybe he'll know some small detail that will keep me moving forward!!! Thanks to all of you for your time and all of your efforts they are greatly appreciated,please keep them coming no matter how small they may seem!!

Just wanted you all to know,still nothing from the forrest croft in Corsicana Texas!! Still hoping!! If you guys have anything else please share,I welcome anything you may have!! Thanks to u all!!!

Just wanted you all to know,still nothing from the forrest croft in Corsicana Texas!! Still hoping!! If you guys have anything else please share,I welcome anything you may have!! Thanks to u all!!!

If you send a message to someone who is not a "friend"on Facebook it goes into the "other" folder and not direct to his messages and can be easily missed. You can pay a few $ to get the message sent direct to his facebook inbox. Maybe send him a friend request also. Hopefully he will logon to Facebook soon. Have my fingers crossed for you. Also if he does not respond, there a a few other Crofts on his friends list who have posted to Facebook more recently.

Thanks! I did send him a request, but apparently his page gives you limited access to him!! Still trying to figure it out!! Thanks for u help it's much needed!!!

buttons06 I have been searching but no leads so far, thinking you could ask to become a verified insider, maybe ask a mod about the possibility of being highlighted as a "case of the week"? I'll try to post any other ideas I can think of, good luck with Facebook!

Buttons, Since you are on Facebook, look up the page Search Squad. They have "search angels" on the page that help search for family members. Tell them your story and I bet they will help you. I have seen them help a lot of people. Good luck to you!

Still nothing from forrest croft and nothing new that I've found, but I am not and will not ever give up!! Thanks for all that have posted and please keep them coming!! Thanks

James Croft (son of Forrest) passed away recently, giving you lots of family names: http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/866901/Croft-James.php no mention of any Sherry Ann.

Could you also let me have her social number and the date (roughly) that George Jones died and also do you know if Pearcy was younger than her? I've found a Pearcy Lee Webb in Memphis but he is only 55, but he could be a son/relative. And if you also know where in California she may have been at any time that may help. You can private message me this information if you would prefer not to post it here.

Thanks

I would be happy to give u everything I have in a pm to u please just tell me where to contact you!!

I will pm you anything you need, I will work on this tomorrow and thanks for your interest!!

I would like to reach out for help, I'm in need of someone who has ancestry.com I'm am looking for a copy of a marriage license that can be found in Los Angeles California for a Charles L Shirley year of birth 1946 to a sherry ann smith d.o.b April 29th 1948 the marriage would have been on April 13th 1963 and I believe there maybe a divorce in 1967/1968 at time of marriage he was 17 and sherry was 15!! I have reason to believe that this maybe her and if so it may give me more information about her life befor I was born and before she went missing!!i ask that if anyone can help to please do so,you can pm me at anytime and at any hour!! If anyone can find anything please forward me a copy!! Thank you!!

Dear buttons06 - first off, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'd like to try to help you find out more about your mother, if I can. I did a cursory search of California newspapers from 1961 to 1966 to find out if the news of your mother's adoptive parents and their accident was in the papers. There were several accidents that I found in this time period that involved a married couple where they both died, however, none listed any children named Sherry or Sherry Ann. As Sherry Ann's daughter, I think you would be able to access records in California that an average citizen might not be privy to. The California Department of Public Health or the California Highway Patrol might have a record of the parents' accident. If you can find out their names, we can go from there in finding more information in your mother's history. I'll keep poking around and see what I can find on my end. If we can find the couple, we can find where they lived, and we can find a photo of your mother in her school yearbook.

Reactions: BRS
Thank you so much for your willingness to help!! I have looked and asked but everyone seems to want a certain date or at least a window of time that they could've been killed and I just have absolutely no idea!! Do you have any suggestions where to begin looking in California? I've recently been able to submit my DNA to the university of north Texas for Analysis and this will get it into Codis as well as NaMus in hopes of a possible match or at a minimum a match to a relative that is either deceased or have had their DNA entered into the system!! I am open to any suggestions or any help that you may could offer!! Again, thank you!!

Reactions: BRS
Hi Buttons! I believe you said previously there is no picture of your mother. Have you seen one before, but just don't have one to upload? I ask because I was wondering if her description of black hair and brown eyes is accurate/confirmed.

I have never seen her! I am told by members of the jones family that she was very petite with dark brownish black hair with brown eyes!! NaMus has her as Caucasian but she is reported to be half Puerto Rican and half American!! Also her disappearance date is incorrect it was July 16th 1972 not September 1st 1972!! Thanks for your interest and I'm happy to share anything else that I have!!

I'm so sorry this happened to your mom.. I can't imagine what that would be like.

I've been reading on WS for awhile but new to posting, so my sleuthing skills are slim. Have you looked into the female Sumter County, SC Jane Doe at all? I don't know if that's a possibility.. I just noticed the Jane doe is listed as not appearing completely Caucasian/had darker complexion.

I will re-check that one but I thought she was african-American!! I'll double check!! Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back