SC SC - Tammy Kingery, 37, North Augusta, 20 Sept 2014

That's what I want to know too. The timing of the sighting, especially as it was by her daughter, who would be very familiar with what she looked like.

10am - family leave
'shortly after family leave' or 'between 10:30am and 11am' - loud noise like a motorbike exhaust in the Kingery's drive.
xam - potential sighting of TK on the back of a motorbike by her daughter.

One other thing that stuck out to me was that the house was locked - well, the front door was locked but her keys were inside. I think small details like this can be very meaningful. Was there a spare key kept under a stone or ornament or something like that? Or was there a back entrance or another entrance to the house? Or did her teenage son have a key? If there are no spare keys... and no other exits, that says something different. I wish this had been asked straight away.

That's what I want to know too. The timing of the sighting, especially as it was by her daughter, who would be very familiar with what she looked like.

10am - family leave
'shortly after family leave' or 'between 10:30am and 11am' - loud noise like a motorbike exhaust in the Kingery's drive.
xam - potential sighting of TK on the back of a motorbike by her daughter.

One other thing that stuck out to me was that the house was locked - well, the front door was locked but her keys were inside. I think small details like this can be very meaningful. Was there a spare key kept under a stone or ornament or something like that? Or was there a back entrance or another entrance to the house? Or did her teenage son have a key? If there are no spare keys... and no other exits, that says something different. I wish this had been asked straight away.

And I’m guessing there’s no info regarding how the dog reacted to strangers in the house, either. As you say, all these little details that get lost when a case starts out as a standard MISPER, but only later gets elevated to the suspicion of foul play, by which time much of the potential evidence has already been lost and memories clouded.

The more I think about this - the note about going for a walk was verified to have been written by her. She did not go for walks in that area, so this was most likely a recent note from that day instead of anything else. So if she left the house on foot, on that day, to me that would indicate that maybe something happened 1-2 miles from the house, accidental or otherwise. Whatever happened, all of this is obviously extremely sad. I hope they get some answers soon.

Note that it's not clear if TK's daughter actually saw her mother (on the back of the motorcycle) or someone else. Since the motorcycle was obviously going by very fast & in the opposite direction of the car the daughter was in - she could have been mistaken....especially since she didn't have a lot of time to study the woman. So, even if the timing is off here - we're not sure the daughter actually saw TK.

Re: the motorcycle theory, I may put more credence into the neighbor possibly hearing something that may have been a motorcycle/loud car engine coming from the direction of TK's house - after TK's husband/sons left to go on errands.

Re: the note, I do think TK wrote this - but, I don't believe she went for a walk. By all accounts she acted sick enough to leave work & go home. When her husband/sons left, she was bedridden. So, if she was actually "sick" enough to be in bed - it doesn't track that she would have made a quick & miraculous recovery and then go for a walk....within a couple of hours of feeling awful.

Yes, I do believe she was faking the illness. However, I don't think she was faking it so she could get a day off work & then go for a walk after her husband/sons left the house for errands.

Last edited:
Sorry. I was talking about possible suicide. I just didn't want to write it out, but I have decided to as I think it is more unfair to allude to it and not state it.

Whatever happened, it is really sad and obviously things were very difficult.

Tammy Kingery bicycles around with oldest child, Caitlyn Kingery

Nine years ago, on Sept. 20, 2014, a clear, sunny day, the Edgefield County Sheriff’s Office was alerted by Park Kingery to the sudden vanishing of his wife Tammy, a seemingly everyday mother of three.

Originally from Crown Point, Ind., and born in 1977, Tamara Sue Russell, later known in the North Augusta community as Tammy Kingery, went missing from her home on Mealing Road.

With few to no leads, family members were left wondering, and neighbors turned to accusations.

For mother Carolyn Russell and daughter Caitlyn Kingery, the nightmare of “not knowing” will remain a shadow the longer the case remains cold.

“She was just the best little girl. She was so good and so sweet,” said Russell. “She had a really sweet disposition, and she loved baby dolls more than anything.”

Describing Tammy as a second mother to her youngest sister, Russell said she could always count on Tammy to care for her sisters.

“I remember when I was pregnant with my third child, she was about 10 years old, and she said to me, ‘Oh, thank you, Mommy! I wanted a baby,’” said Russell. “It was so sweet.”

Ever the caring person, Tammy began her career working as a neonatal nurse, but quickly learned she was best suited for attending older adults.

IMG_1697-1024x686.jpg

Never taking a break from attending high school or being allowed reprieve from invasive forensic interviews, Caitlyn said the entire ordeal left her feeling numb and alone at times, especially when she was around peers who could not understand her pain.

“Everyone told me I was so strong, but really I just didn’t know how to react or process anything I was going through,” she said. “I truly believed she would be found soon, so I didn’t allow myself to think the worst … but my childhood was ripped away from me.”

No longer caring about school and regularly having to catch up on assignments, Caitlyn’s high school days were clouded with the fear of being told her mom was dead. As her friends worried about teenage boys and relationship firsts, Caitlyn often felt trapped in fear and like the town oddity.
img240_Original-1024x683.jpg
Tammy Kingery swims with oldest child, Caitlyn Kingery.

“Everytime the phone would ring, I would get so nervous because I was just waiting for the day [the school] would call me to the office because the police found something,” she said. “I didn’t want to receive news like that sitting in the classroom with people I barely knew.”

*See Scott Hudson’s associated story that looks at what law enforcement has done to try to locate Tammy Kingery

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back