GUILTY SC - Tiffany Souers, 20, Clemson student, found strangled, 26 May 2006

Here Grandparents are from my town and they did a story in the newspaper today. Not much new info. She sounds like she was a such lovely gal.

If she had two webpages - chances are the second was facebook. Facebook is really popular with college students. And as with myspace - there is so much personal information posted at those sites.

concernedperson said:
Got the answer to that. The ME was on Nancy Grace and said no...she was not wearing it but an opportunity for the murderer.She also was not wearing panties indicating but not explicit that she was molested. Still early.
I thought I heard the ME say that she was wearing a bra and nothing else....did I hear correctly? Not sure what show I saw that on...maybe Nancy maybe Greta?

Listening to Dayside on Fox news now...just mentioned two other murders one in '92 and the other in '97. Coulda swore the lady on Nancy yesterday said that murder just doesn't happen there.

I am totally shocked. I went to Clemson and always felt like it was the safest place in the world.

Investigators are exploring a possible link between the recent bikini strangulation death of a 20-year-old Clemson University student and two other murders in 1992 and 1997.

Police are searching the computer and cell phone records of Tiffany Marie Souers, the Clemson junior recently found strangled to death with a bikini top, FOX News has learned. Investigators seized Souers' computer and searched a dumpster in her apartment complex for evidence, according to the incident report released to FOX News on Wednesday.

There have been at least two other unsolved killings in Pickens County involving females, but authorities don't know if they are connected. In 1997, Brooke Holsonback was found strangled. Authorities believe more than one person is responsible for that death.

more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197597,00.html

Have they reported where she was found within the apartment? Was she found in the living room, bedroom or where? Was she found on the floor or in the bed?

I think it was one of her neighbors.

nightowl said:
Have they reported where she was found within the apartment? Was she found in the living room, bedroom or where? Was she found on the floor or in the bed?

I think it was one of her neighbors.
Here ya go:

Pickens County Coroner Dr. James Mahanes on Tuesday told FOX News that Souers was found partially clothed in her bedroom and was strangled with a bikini top.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197376,00.html

MAHANES: Well, there were no distinctive signs that there were -- you know, that there was a battle, as far as that`s concerned. No specific defensive wounds were identified.

GRACE: Were her hands bagged, Doctor, when she got to the morgue?

MAHANES: Her hands were contained for, you know, the more extensive forensic examination to be done.

~snip~

GRACE: With us, the Pickens County coroner, Dr. James Mahanes is with us. A couple of questions, as much as you can recall. I also know that I`m sure that you have read an investigative report about the crime scene. Was the young lady -- I understand found on the floor. Was she face up or face down?

MAHANES: She was face up, except turned -- her head and upper torso turned slightly to the left.

GRACE: And so that sounds to me that she was not posed in any way?

MAHANES: You`d have to repeat that, please?

GRACE: Not posed. In other words...

MAHANES: Not posed, no, ma`am, no, not posed.

GRACE: It doesn`t sound like she was dragged into the bedroom having been killed elsewhere or she would have been lying flat.

~snip~

GRACE: Good question. Dr. Mahanes, did she have on her underwear?

MAHANES: Yes, let me answer that in two parts. I think -- you know, it`s speculative to say, you know, why would not he may have chosen this item. And, yes, it is possible that DNA from, you know, a palm or moisture and stuff could be defined in this clothing, but I think that would be very difficult. And the young lady was not wearing any panties.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0605/30/ng.01.html

chicoliving said:
Investigators are exploring a possible link between the recent bikini strangulation death of a 20-year-old Clemson University student and two other murders in 1992 and 1997.

Police are searching the computer and cell phone records of Tiffany Marie Souers, the Clemson junior recently found strangled to death with a bikini top, FOX News has learned. Investigators seized Souers' computer and searched a dumpster in her apartment complex for evidence, according to the incident report released to FOX News on Wednesday.

There have been at least two other unsolved killings in Pickens County involving females, but authorities don't know if they are connected. In 1997, Brooke Holsonback was found strangled. Authorities believe more than one person is responsible for that death.

more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197597,00.html

Ok websleuths, who are the other two murdered females in Pickens County???

Link to other case maybe connected

Boy do these two girls look alike or what?

167803.jpg
Brooke Holsonback
4967698_BG1.gif
Tiffany Souers

Brook was murdered in 1997 so (if these two murders are connected), the perp isn't a student. Maybe a maintenance man or someone that works at the college.

richandfamous said:

167803.jpg

Brooke Holsonback
I was so waiting to see if anyone would connect the similarities. Glad you did. Me too. The budding serial seems to have a wait and see attitude.Opportunity and longevity.I still think this is random but prescribed to the mode. 3 possibles years apart. Check peeping toms in the area. They like to establish routines. Check a momma's boy with no real income and lots of free time to explore. He is there and LE has said lots of leg work to get to the bottem. But it is there folks. Clemson is not a gang fighting, peer group kind of town. There is a pervert in the midst.

I've just been watching Greta and she is talking about this case. It is so sad because as a parent you send your child off to college and you expect that they will be safe. And it just isn't necessarily so.

College students are so trusting. One of Tiffany's friends made a comment that she would go to class and not even lock her door. There is this false sense of security - that this is an academic community and everyone is safe. The reality is that it is an open community and just about anyone can enter. I realize that this was off campus housing - but that false sense of security happens on campus also.

richandfamous said:

167803.jpg
Brooke Holsonback
4967698_BG1.gif
Tiffany Souers

From Foxnews article listed in another post above:
"Souers, a civil engineering student from Ladue, Mo., was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority at Clemson, an agricultural and engineering school in the northwestern corner of the state about 30 miles west of Greenville. She also worked with a local charity."

From article regarding possible linked case:

"Brooke Holsonback was in her second semester at Clemson University. She was a 19 year-old freshman who graduated from Saluda High School less than a year before. She had already started making good friends and the night of February 19, 1997 had just returned from a Gamma Sigma Sigma sorority meeting."

Now, myself having gone to a small, private no frat or sororities college, I wonder what the percentage of female students participate in these. So they look fairly similar and were both pledged. Interesting possibly.

cbcrime said:
I've just been watching Greta and she is talking about this case. It is so sad because as a parent you send your child off to college and you expect that they will be safe. And it just isn't necessarily so.

College students are so trusting. One of Tiffany's friends made a comment that she would go to class and not even lock her door. There is this false sense of security - that this is an academic community and everyone is safe. The reality is that it is an open community and just about anyone can enter. I realize that this was off campus housing - but that false sense of security happens on campus also.
If she was raised in Ladue that is a double edged sword. She was still smack dab in the middle of St Louis, certainly a big city and people lock their doors in the big city. The flip side is that Ladue is a very wealthy community. There is virtually no crime there. Bad things don't happen there. If she went to school there and her circle of friends was from that area then crime was probably just a statistic to her and nothing that she ever experienced in real life.

This is so sad and scary. I hope they find the person soon!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back