GUILTY SC - Zachary Frison, 15 mos, dies in hot car, Aiken, 4 April 2006

Mom of five here. How can you forget about your child in your car? There is no reaso.

I have always wondered too, how a parent can "forget" the most precious person in their lives.

I have never, not once, ever, forgot any of my kids anywhere. Never did, never will.

I really don't see how this is done, how you forget your child.

I see both sides of this story, a women who could land in poverty, lose her home, her job, her income because the sitter is not reliable or does not show up. You are dependent on the sitter, she can control your job and income.

That would cause her to lose her child to the state and she would not be able to get him back without a home or job, and daycare.

A women who does not want to pay, or cannot afford to pay for child care.

A women who stays at home, and not work, lives off the state and is in poverty and has no prospects of work.

A women, who's sitter cancelled at the last minute, and the women faced with again losing her only source of income for support to herself and her child.

A women who may have done this before, who "made a huge" mistake.

If a person does something risky, the chances of a horrible terrible thing happening increases the more the risky behaviour is performed.

But in the end, the child died. I will not and do not lose that factual aspect of this case. The child died alone in a hot car, scared, terrified in pain, crying and died.

It is in the end is it the parents responsiblity for their children. A plan without a back-up is no plan. Some of my single parents friends, always have back up child care in place, just in case the primary sitter is not available.

Or they share the cost of a nanny......with again a back up in place.

I would always hire a Nanny under the condition that she may have to watch another child, and be VERY well compensated for it, so that she does not feel put out. But I had a back up in case too.

She deserves to be charged with murder.. My only sympathy lies with the poor innocent baby who lost his life due to his irresponsbile so-called mother.

lisag said:
She deserves to be charged with murder.. My only sympathy lies with the poor innocent baby who lost his life due to his irresponsbile so-called mother.
I totally agree!

kcnz said:
I'm beginning to feel sorry for the woman. Granted she did something incredibly dumb and certainly criminally dumb but she's lost the most precious thing that she had. I think she has suffered enough.
Obvoiusly she thought her job was more precious bc she made a decision to leave her child in the car ALL DAY.

When my children were infants I was plagued with nightmares that I would leave the baby at the store... just forget him- and go back- and he was gone. Or one that had scared me half to death, that I left the baby carrier on top of the car and drove off with him.

Is it ingrained in some people to just be hyper-vigilant about their behavior- to the point of having nightmares of doing the wrong thing? And others just can't or won't see the consequences of their actions? I have never left my children anywhere. I just cannot imagine doing it WILLFULLY. This is yet another of those stories that I cannot relate to on any level. What was she thinking? 9 hours in a car for a baby... 2 minutes in a car unattended is too long- but 9 hours? :banghead: :banghead: I just can't understand it.

bakerprune64 said:
Obvoiusly she thought her job was more precious bc she made a decision to leave her child in the car ALL DAY.
If not most precious - then very precious. She looked so sad in the mugshot I couldn't help feeling sorry for her. I can't see what further punishment will achieve.

kcnz said:
If not most precious - then very precious. She looked so sad in the mugshot I couldn't help feeling sorry for her. I can't see what further punishment will achieve.

Well the law doesn't provide for a one death "ooops, my bad" scenario. Parents are supposed to protect those who can't protect themselves and leaving a kid to die in a car just sends out a message that the law cannot allow.

Jeana (DP) said:
Well the law doesn't provide for a one death "ooops, my bad" scenario. Parents are supposed to protect those who can't protect themselves and leaving a kid to die in a car just sends out a message that the law cannot allow.
Funnily enough if the baby had of lived I would have been calling for the baby to be removed and her to be punished. But seeing that her own child has died - admittedly by her own negligence - I feel she is suffering enough. Just my opinion.

kcnz said:
Funnily enough if the baby had of lived I would have been calling for the baby to be removed and her to be punished. But seeing that her own child has died - admittedly by her own negligence - I feel she is suffering enough. Just my opinion.

I don't doubt that she's suffering. I think if one of my children died due to my negligence, I wouldn't be able to live with myself, so sure, if she's anywhere near "normal" in this regard, she's got to be going through an emotional hell. Legally, they can't just let her slide though. They've got to consider the message that it wound send out. Granted, it most likely won't do much to punish the woman any more than she's being punished, but maybe it will send a message to the next parent whose in too big of a hurry to take proper care of her children. Right?

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree. You don't forget about where your babies are - EVER. :banghead:

I can sympathize with a "forgetful" dad &/or mom where it's not their routine at all to drop off baby or something. That has clearly happened and the guilt alone for those parents must be an eternal hell on earth for them knowing they caused their childs death out of "rushing" and being forever busy.

I have NO sympathy for this DRITCH!!! Least she needs is LIFE in prison where some 5'10" 400lb mamma will make her - her slave.

I have forgotten my baby once, all of you moms who never did that amaze me. The first time I went out of the house after having my 1st child, I strapped my sleeping baby in his carseat by the inside front door, gathered up all the 101 million baby items and made several trips to the car with them, grabbed my purse and keys and then sat in the drivers seat worrying that I'd forgotten something.
eek.gif
I'd left the baby inside still strapped in his seat. I just wasn't used to making sure yet that someone else was with me. I was horrified with myself but it was just an honest mistake.

Of course this woman who worked all day while her toddler died in her car is a whole different story. It wasn't a mindless mistake, it was a wilfull choice. Very sad.

There's no excuse for this. The baby would have been better off if she'd left him alone at home in his crib than to leave him in the car. I wonder if she was ineligible for help from the state because she'd committed fraud or something to get money from them in the past.

No matter how much we may have wanted to... right? ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
Nope. Three kids. Never left one of them behind :)

If the temp outide was 78 can you imagine how excrutiatingly hot it was in that car??

Long long ago I had neighbors who were heavy drinkers. They came home from a party late one night in the middle of January, when the temps are absolutely frigid here in Michigan, went into their house and fell asleep. I don't know what possessed me to get up and look out my window, but I did, and there, under the street light, was their car with the baby still in the car seat. I was young and stupid, I should have called the police. Instead I went over and banged on their door until the mom got up and took the baby inside.

Jeana (DP) said:
Nope. Three kids. Never left one of them behind :)
Seven kids here and not once, not ever. Even with three in diapers and one of those being a newborn at the time. The loss of sleep alone would have been a valid excuse!

I use to have dreams too! They were so real it was scary! My mom said she had them too. Weird what the brain does while you are sleeping. Guess it was my biggest fear, therefore the most dreamt about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back