SD SD - Beverly Ozuna-Ulrich, 42, Belle Fourche, 17 Oct 2003

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_7216e5aa-cf9d-57b3-969f-cbeb47357143.html

6 minutes ago • Milo Dailey Butte County Post staff

A candlelight vigil for Beverly Ozuna Ulrich is scheduled for 7 p.m. Saturday at Belle Fourche United Church of Christ, according to Butte County Sheriff Fred Lamphere.

5074edae44bc6.preview-620.jpg

From what I have been able to find, there was no vigil for Beverly this year. I think a big part of that is the blizzard that we are digging out of in this area. A lot of people in Belle Fourche are ranchers and most people are still trying to find their cattle and horses in the fields and hills.

One clarification; I am reading in a lot of the links pertaining to this story that Belle Fourche is a part of Spearfish. This is not true, Spearfish and Belle Fourche are two separate towns. Belle Fourche is in Butte County and Spearfish is in Lawrence. We live in the area of Spearfish that abuts Belle. There are still not leads or info in this case.

[h=1]Memorial service set for still-missing woman[/h]
BELLE FOURCHE | Thirteen years of agony, sadness and nagging mystery will be part of a memorial service for Beverly Ozuna Ulrich in Belle Fourche on Saturday.

Ulrich has been missing since Oct. 17, 2003, after she disappeared after last being seen in Belle Fourche and Spearfish. Her family and friends have never given up hope of finding her and have a Facebook page devoted to their missing relative.
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_38f8a9cd-80a5-5775-9be2-4a8be95ec2af.html

FB page - Missing Beverly A. Ozuna Ulrich
17 Oct 2020

17 years .... can hardly believing I am typing that! My Mother, Beverly Ann Ozuna Ulrich has been missing. How does one live through someone they love just vanishing into thin air? It's not easy and whole lot of praying but most importantly Family. If not for them I couldn't even begin to exist with knowing that someone murdered my Mother but with no evidence they roam free and she is just another Missing case. I don't express a whole lot on my personal page in regard to my Mother missing because it's a harsh constant reminder that truthfully I hold deep down inside. I created my Mother's facebook page to keep her Memory alive and so that whomever that devil was that took my Mom understands that we will never give up on finding her.....closure. My Mother deserves to have justification and a proper burial; and she WILL get that some day I promise you! She really had a soft heart and battled demons that over took most of her life.

This also is a harsh reality and makes me wonder is this why the community she grew up in has never done not one thing with her case? Never has one city official, mayor or anyone working on my Mom's case (aside from her South Dakota DCIA agent-the last one that is) ever reached out; ever offered help or suggested anything to help with her case or keep her case in the front lines. Mind you I come from a town at the time of maybe 5000 residents; this as far as I am aware of is the only missing case my home town had experienced at the time of her case being opened. We grew up excessively poor and as some say "from the wrong side of the tracks"....well you live with what your dealt and she did that......so why has a community swept her under the rug??????

Guess I changed my mind on the "expressing on my personal page" but it had to be said. With each passing year less & less people ask me how her case is going "anything new" and it breaks my heart. I know that her Family will NEVER forget her but I want EVERYONE to know she IS IMPORTANT and that she does deserve to be remembered! Trust me I understand that after 17 years what our chances of closing this case are but I pray every single morning that she receive Justification and Closure for my Family. My Faith in my God is one of my truest & strongest shields and I am eternally grateful to my husband that led me to find & hold onto that bond with my God. So I ask anyone that gets a chance or takes the time to read this...PLEASE say a prayer for my Mother, light a candle or whatever feels right in your heart for her.

All My Love Mom, Katrina
Missing Beverly A. Ozuna Ulrich
South Dakota DCIA (605) 391-6661

121639590_2836167416620278_7182086322346875258_n.jpg

BEVERLY ULRICH

1659472816415.jpg

Missing Since 10/17/2003​

Age Missing: 42
Age Current: 61
Agency: Belle Fourche Police Dept
Phone: 605-892-4354
Race: American Indian/Alaskan Native
Sex: Female
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 130

• beverly_ann_ozuna-ulrich_1.jpg
    beverly_ann_ozuna-ulrich_2.jpg
    beverly_ann_ozuna-ulrich_4.jpg
    beverly_ann_ozuna-ulrich_5.jpg
  • beverly_ann_ozuna-ulrich_6.jpg
Ozuna-Ulrich, circa 2003
  • Missing Since 10/17/2003
  • Missing From Belle Fourche, South Dakota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Native American
  • Date of Birth 01/21/1951 (73)
  • Age 42 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'1, 130 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue bell-bottom jeans and a gray t-shirt.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Native American female. Graying brown/black hair, brown eyes. Ozuna-Ulrich is of Lakota Indian descent. She has a tattoo of the name "Steven" on her upper arm. Her right eyebrow is pierced. She may use the last name Ulrich and some agencies refer to her as Beverly Ulrich, or they do not hyphenate her last names, as in "Beverly Ozuna Ulrich."

Details of Disappearance​

Ozuna-Ulrich was last seen at her home Belle Fourche, South Dakota on October 17, 2003. Her estranged husband said she drove away from home with someone else that evening. She has never been heard from again. Her family reported her missing ten days later.

She had a habit of taking unscheduled trips, but would always let people know where she was. She had been separated from her husband for twelve to eighteen months, but their parting was amicable and she regularly went to his house to clean, cook meals and spend time with their children.

A body found in February 2004 along Interstate 90 in South Dakota was originally thought to be Ozuna-Ulrich's, but turned out to be another woman's. There is one person of interest in her disappearance, a man who lives a transient lifestyle. He has not been publicly identified.

Ozuna-Ulrich has sixteen older siblings, three of whom died prior to her disappearance. Her brother and one of her children died in 2012. Few details are available in her case, but investigators believe she's deceased.

Investigating Agency​

• South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation 605-642-6390

Source Information​

Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 8, 2017; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

<<Beverly was last seen driving away from her ex-husband's house with someone else. She and her husband were separated about 18 months at that point and were on great terms. She went to his home regularly to clean, cook meals and spend time with their family. After 10 days Beverly was reported missing by her family. Beverly was known to take inpromptu trips but she generally told her family where she was going.

Beverly was from a large, tight knit family. She was the youngest of 16 children. Beverly had 8 children and most recently, 13 grandchildren. In 2012 a brother and one of her children passed away, never knowing what happened to her. She was a survivor of the 1972 Rapid City flood that killed over 200 people. Counted among the dead were here 3 youngest brothers. It was incredibly difficult for her. She was Lakota with black hair and brown eyes. Her right eyebrow was pierced. She was 5'0 - 5'1 and130 lbs.

There was one suspect at the time, a homeless man. No other suspects have been publicly named and no one has ever been charged in connection to her case>>

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced right eyebrow; tattoo of the name "Steven" on upper right arm; ring fingers look as though they may have been broken but they have not.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members