GUILTY SD - Jessica Delatorre, 8, raped & murdered, Sioux Falls, 9 April 2005

"Jones said he had put his hands around Jessica's neck, according to the court papers. When she started making noise, he "lost it" and began to hit and kick her all about the body, including the neck, the records show."

He "lost it" until after she started making noise. He doesn't seem to think kidnapping and raping her was wrong I guess. She was only 8 years old. I hope he gets the maximum sentence and never walks our streets again.

As far as sexual predators go, there are a lot more of them who haven't been arrested yet. They usually don't get caught until they've done it multiple times. This might be the first time this creep was arrested.

JerseyGirl said:
This is unbearable to think about. I can't even put my feelings into words right now. Between the news on Jessica Lunsford tonight, and what this little angel endured, I am honestly beginning to have trouble coping. This is dreadful. These children - all of them - are gifts to all of us. Not just my kids, all kids are beautiful to me. There is a spot in my heart for every child. I just don't understand how this can happen. God bless this child, all of those who should still have her light in their lives, and all of the professionals that have to deal with these horror stories head-on. God, something's gotta' change.
I am feeling the same way! Something must be done by law enforcement and parents to stop this from happening.

Do Not trust anyone with your kids!!! Be alert of everyone!!

lady-eowyn said:
Fran, if I'm not mistaken each state can decide HOW it wants to use Megan's law. They are not required to publish lists of offenders...if I understand it correctly. Offenders are just require to register, what the state does with that info is up to them. This is why I think we need a NATIONAL database and registration requirements that are the same across the board for all states.
I agree! We should ALL be able to see these scums of the earth.... Not just the idiot sitting at his desk with the info..... and not providing this to public is an injustice to us all... I do not have anything nice to say about anyone that harms children.. :snooty:

From September 2005:

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/emotional-sentencing-for-murray-jones/?id=42680

The Sioux Falls man who raped and killed an eight-year-old girl in April will spend the rest of his life in prison. Forty-one-year-old Murray Jones pleaded guilty Tuesday to the kidnapping, rape and violent murder of Jessica DeLaTorre.

Judge Peter Leiberman called this crime the most vicious he's seen in his many years as a judge and said not one day should be reduced from Murray Jones's sentence...

In April, Jones kidnapped Jessica while he babysat her. He drove her to a remote part of Hanson County. He raped her and killed her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back