SD - Mutilated female body found outside Mitchell, SD truck stop, and has been identified

airportwoman

Reaction score
This story is quite graphic, so read it at your own risk. I've seen the police report, and it's the stuff of nightmares. She has been identified as Melody Gooch, age 57, and a truck driver is in custody, on 2nd degree murder charges so far pending autopsy results. I did say on another message board that this is farming territory, so the police and medical examiner have seen things like this, although not usually done directly by another person.

TL : DR - Another trucker found some pallets tossed to and fro and thought that was odd, so he investigated further and found this.

Wow it seems he made no good effort to get away with this:
  • Last person to have seen the victim
  • Told the family a weak story: she went into a store and never came out
  • Caught on camera repeatedly moving his truck back and forth in a manner consistent with repeatedly running over the victim
  • Left some of her remains visible in the parking lot at the same location where his truck was recorded
  • Bagged some of her remains and tossed them in a dumpster in that same lot

Her COD was determined: drug overdose. Further injuries happened after her death, for which he was sentenced to - are you ready for this? - 360 days! I sure hope they can find additional charges, and keep him locked up forever.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter
Back