Seaching for Anna - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for information about Midget Wolgast and found this photo and information. I know that at one time we looked at Bobby Wolgast but Midget Wolgast was born Joseph Robert Loscalzo/
Look at this info and then look at the writing on the photo and compare the " NY" under national to the NY in the word Eternity on George Brody's photo that he signed. They look somewhat the same.
Midget Wolgast fought in several places including Philadelphia and Oakland, CA.
Also in some of his photos his ears are different appearing that he may have had surgery to remove extra skin.
I see it says he died 10-19-1955. Does anyone agree that the letters look alike?
Here is the link to view:
http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/wolgast-midget.htm
Some photos here:
http://www.phillyboxinghistory.com/galleries/gallery_wolgast_midget.htm
It seems to me that we looked at Midget Wolgast before. I agree that the letters look somewhat the same, but I'm not sure what the connection might be, since we can place George Brody in San Francisco for many years after the time this boxer died.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that.

Medusa, I didn't mean to sound snippy. It's just that you'd hate to think of someone getting away with something like stealing a child from her family. Thanks for your thoughts and your input.

I was looking for information about Midget Wolgast and found this photo and information. I know that at one time we looked at Bobby Wolgast but Midget Wolgast was born Joseph Robert Loscalzo.

Look at this info and then look at the writing on the photo and compare the " NY" under national to the NY in the word Eternity on George Brody's photo that he signed. They look somewhat the same.

Midget Wolgast fought in several places including Philadelphia and Oakland, CA.

Also in some of his photos his ears are different appearing that he may have had surgery to remove extra skin.

I see it says he died 10-19-1955. Does anyone agree that the letters look alike?

Here is the link to view:
http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/wolgast-midget.htm

Some photos here:
http://www.phillyboxinghistory.com/galleries/gallery_wolgast_midget.htm

in the second set of pictures i pictured this guy with brodys hair and his glasses and i felt they could be one and the same we should look up more info on this guy

C has no contact with her family except for limited contact with the one sister who is slightly older than her (and that relationship is strained, as you might imagine, because of the recent investigation into her possibly being Anna). She has no pictures of her at all as a child and does not have any means of obtaining any from other family members.

Is it possible C could contact the schools she attended to see if they kept copies of the group class photos through the years or perhaps they took individual photos. Maybe even year books or year books from her teen years that might be able to be age progressed with Anna? How about any childhood friends that she attended birthday parties with or went on trips with? Was she in brownies, girl scouts, ballet, etc...There have got to be pictures of her from outside sources.

BTW, I am sick from eating too many girl scout cookies! They are so good!

Is it possible C could contact the schools she attended to see if they kept copies of the group class photos through the years or perhaps they took individual photos. Maybe even year books or year books from her teen years that might be able to be age progressed with Anna? How about any childhood friends that she attended birthday parties with or went on trips with? Was she in brownies, girl scouts, ballet, etc...There have got to be pictures of her from outside sources.

BTW, I am sick from eating too many girl scout cookies! They are so good!

I too wondered about this. I know that the high school I attended in the early 80's has every year book for the Sr. high and Jr. High school since they started offering them. They also have most years at 2 of the local libraries. My son's school has copies of year books that has their Grandmothers pictures in it. (And that's a long time ago!!LOL)

Life Touch is the oldest and most popular school portrait company in the US. I just sent an e-mail requesting how long records are kept. She can probably order her old pictures very easily through the company website.

Even if a family does not order the pictures, they still take one of each child. This company also works with the NCMEC

I am anxious to see if the company keeps records of all of their portraits taken in schools and for how long. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they have a picture of "C" as a young child. I think this is a good drirection to be looking in. There has to be a childhood picture of her somewhere. I would look toward chilrdhood friends also for pictures of birthday parties and other events.
I know we discussed this all before but I think it worth bringing up again.

I worked for Life Touch for 3 years. That's the company that own the portrait studios in the JCPenney stores and many Target stores. They will definitely help if they can.

LifeTouch contacted me via e-mail this morning. It sounds like "C" is in luck, if her school actually used LifeTouch as their school photographers. (Most do, with the exception of Senior Pictures) Of course I have no way of knowing where she even went to school.

http://schoolportraits.lifetouch.com/
Click on reorder info. and then a link for "local Lifetouch office". Enter state, and city, and you will receive the local regional office for the area. She needs to contact the local office for her school to receive reprints.

The reply I received didn't say exactly how long information is kept, but it seemed to indicate that portraits from the 70's would be obtainable. I realize "C" does not have a computer, but if one of you who talk to her could get her the info, she should be able to show you what she looked like in 1st grade by next week.

LifeTouch contacted me via e-mail this morning. It sounds like "C" is in luck, if her school actually used LifeTouch as their school photographers. (Most do, with the exception of Senior Pictures) Of course I have no way of knowing where she even went to school.

http://schoolportraits.lifetouch.com/
Click on reorder info. and then a link for "local Lifetouch office". Enter state, and city, and you will receive the local regional office for the area. She needs to contact the local office for her school to receive reprints.

The reply I received didn't say exactly how long information is kept, but it seemed to indicate that portraits from the 70's would be obtainable. I realize "C" does not have a computer, but if one of you who talk to her could get her the info, she should be able to show you what she looked like in 1st grade by next week.

I followed the link, and her elementary school is not listed. I have written down the phone number and will ask C if she will call them.

I followed the link, and her elementary school is not listed. I have written down the phone number and will ask C if she will call them.

Oh NO! Wouldn't you know it...one of the few schools that don't use this company is HERS! :banghead:

(But maybe they used to. The Company is 70 years old)

what about calling the school directly and finding out what photo places they used over the years i am sure they would have all that info for you

I was looking around on Ancestry.com and did see some census records for a George Brody that I don't recall seeing discussed here.

There is a George and Margaret Brody listed on the 1920 census living in Philadelphia PA. The problem is it says George was born in 1890, making him 91 when he died. (Though my Father in law is that old and doesn't look a day over 70..LOL)

Anyway, this same couple is then listed in the 1930 Census as living in San Francisco, CA. I'm positive it's the same people, for all of the info is the same such as ages, birth place, mother & fathers birth place ect. In 1920 This George was a plumber in a shipyard, and Margaret worked in a chocolate factory. In 1930 George was a merchant at a Hardware store, (no job listed for wife). Their address was listed as 20th Avenue SF CA.

I can not find death records for either of them, so they either died by 1940 (Rather a young age)or they divorced & or she changed her last name...I think I found Margarets record before they where married & her last name might have been Mount, though I can't find any thing prior for George with the same birth year. I doubt this Margret is Kukoda because her birth year is 1895 and according to that newspaper pic of Kudoda, she looks too young to be 50 yrs old in that picture. Also interesting to note Margaret Brody was 35 in 1930 and there where still no children listed for them, possibly she couldn't have children?

Who else thinks it's suspicious that Kukoda died on her 50th birthday to the day. Did Anna's Mom ever meet her? What years did Brody & her live together? Are there confirmed records to prove this fact? Where did they live? In the same hotel as Waters & Brody? Is the Nurse in the newspaper for sure Brodys Marg. K.? I remember reading that her nickname was mary Kay, because of her involvement in the cosmetic company, I find that odd, considering the company wasn't founded until late 1963, and was based in TX. It took a few years before the company really took off. (But when it did, it was big). I give her 2 years TOPS with the company.

Is it possible for Brody to have changed his name prior to 1920? Could Margaret have left him when he took up with kukoda.

I read somewhere that Someone found Kukoda's family in some census records, was this indeed verified to be her correct and true family?

..There is a George and Margaret Brody listed on the 1920 census living in Philadelphia PA. ...Anyway, this same couple is then listed in the 1930 Census as living in San Francisco, CA. I'm positive it's the same people, for all of the info is the same such as ages, birth place, mother & fathers birth place ect. ...

Very interesting....

I will post in detail about this later today.

Who else thinks it's suspicious that Kukoda died on her 50th birthday to the day. Did Anna's Mom ever meet her? What years did Brody & her live together? Are there confirmed records to prove this fact? Where did they live? In the same hotel as Waters & Brody? Is the Nurse in the newspaper for sure Brodys Marg. K.? I remember reading that her nickname was mary Kay, because of her involvement in the cosmetic company, I find that odd, considering the company wasn't founded until late 1963, and was based in TX. It took a few years before the company really took off. (But when it did, it was big). I give her 2 years TOPS with the company.
I can answer a few of your questions. First, I didn't realize that Margaret died on her birthday, but considering she was in a coma, in a public facility, I think it is probably more odd than suspicious (though Brody was very secretive about giving her stethoscope--which I still have--to GW). Margaret and Brody did live together, according to a former landlord with whom we had a mutual acquaintance. I think the house or apartment was in the Noe Valley in San Francisco, quite a way from 20th Avenue, though I am not sure of that. We got the information about the Margaret who was in the newspaper from the state nursing license board, and I believe I checked the birthdate at the time.

If this is our Brody, then the Margaret who was his wife could not be Kukoda - she was definitely younger than the wife. If this is the same GB, then he must have had two different Margarets in his life.

I will have to research it again, but I believe that zabasearch shows a very old George Brody living in San Francisco currently. I will have to see if his listed age corresponds with this GB's birthdate. As most of you probably know, zaba will show people long after they have passed away, thus some really wild ages appear on the site. If this GB is the one that Interestedwoman mentions, then it is not our GB. However, the link between this GB and Philadelphia is very intriguing - it is the first such person who ties back to PA.

I suspect that the Mary Kay nickname was not related to the Mary Kay Cosmetics (though it is speculated that it might in the search notes in the BFH). Margaret Kukoda had an alias of Mary Kay (Margaret K. / Mary K.) and George Brody was known as George Bee (George B.). I just don't think that they were very imaginative with their aliases - it was just their first names with a spelled-out version of their last initials.

Here are a couple of shots of the farm from the air. I captured them from Google Earth

back of canyon to ocean.jpg

farm towards the south.jpg

I forgot to mention that in the 1930 census records, there were middle initials for both George (N.) Brody b. 1890 and Margaret (V.) Brody b.1895. Like I said earlier I do not believe this Margaret is MK, but George may be "the" George. He was a merchant in a hardware store. I wrote to Cole Hardware Store today which was established in the 1920 in SF. Rick Karp the owner of the small local chain wrote back and said his father bought the original store in 1959 from the Stanzel Brothers. He did not know of Brody, so it wasn't that one...LOL How many Hardware stores were in SF in the 1920-1930's? Couldn't be that many could it?

Also I continue to search for death records of these two people and have come up with zip. It's like they vanished, or became paranoid. :eek:
Anyone know where I could search for missing persons from the 1930's (As if anyone reported them missing).

MAybe this is "the" Brody, and when his wife died, he played a Waters and left out all the important stuff on her death certificate. I know a plumber & a salesman is a far cry from a boxer and a politician, but you just never know. :)

You ready for my latest theory? Okay, here it goes. This is it for today. George (age 30) & Margaret Brody (age 25) in PA in the 1920's could not have a child. They abduct a little girl born in 1917. They take her to SF not to get caught. They re-name her Margaret and say she's a niece, (or something) and they are caring for her, but don't have to claim her as a dependant. Wife dies and he somehow alters her death certificate...(or she leaves him because he's treating MK like more of a "lover" and chages her name, get re-married... )George is devastated after the loss of his "abducted -daughter/lover" and moves in on Waters, knowing he has a young baby girl. Says she's a reincarnation of his beloved Margaret. Talks Waters into taking her (The Plan) but Anna does not respond to his, quote: "Instantaneous Everlasting Attraction". He feels betrayed at her non-compliance, and finds her a new family. And the rest is anyone's guess...hopefully "C", but I have my theories on that as well.

Well, that is one angle that I had not considered. The only immediate flaw that I can think of is that there appears to be paperwork for a legitimate Margaret Kukoda from PA. However... there is another Margaret Kukoda who continued to live in PA also. This is total speculation, but it is conceivable that the SF MK was a case of stolen identity from the PA MK.

Gawd, this can get confusing! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member