Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me right now - now the 'omg' of the search happening has worn off a bit -- is that we would not know any of those details, except for Mark Redwine.

I actually think anyone who'd give the media such a list, from their own home, in connection to the death of their own child, is either incredibly arrogant, pathologically desperate for attention, or a few kangaroos short in the top paddock.

Or all of the above.

What gets me right now - now the 'omg' of the search happening has worn off a bit -- is that we would not know any of those details, except for Mark Redwine.

I actually think anyone who'd give the media such a list, from their own home, in connection to the death of their own child, is either incredibly arrogant, pathologically desperate for attention, or a few kangaroos short in the top paddock.

Or all of the above.

Much (nearly all?) of what we know about the remains is courtesy of Mark as well. He seems to be a serious over sharer.

Two things that stood out to me at first glance...

LE collected the fire poker...

1. MR is, again, so freely sharing information with the press...

2. I am interested to discover why they took the poker.. and what... If anything... They find from it...

and.. I still do not understand why MR... Who chose to be so reclusive at the beginning of the case... Has turned a 180... And is sharing more than he needs to now...

JMO...

Think about someone coming into your living room and cutting out floor boards. Seriously. It's one thing to cut out some carpet, but floor boards?

I'm thinking the swabs they took during the first search were inconclusive. I wonder if the carpet and floor boards were taken from the same area? Also, I wonder if they had a recovery dog that alerted in the yard where the hole was dug?

Interesting.

Salem

I did some quick research to find out what is needed to get a search warrant. As most know, it has to have some basis and cannot be issues strictly based on a hunch.
***Sniped for space***

2. Convince the magistrate that there is probable cause to search for and seize property. Generally, there's probable cause to search when there's a fair probability that contraband or evidence of a crime will be found in the place that the police want to search. The agents need to give the magistrate this information under oath or affirmation, that is, they need to swear that the information is true. Typically, they give the magistrate an affidavit - a written statement given under oath. However, a search warrant may be given when the agents give the magistrate this information orally.

***snipped for space***

So it's obvious that to get this warrant, law enforcement had to believe – and convince a judge or magistrate - that they would find evidence of a crime at MR's house.

Now for my opinion - it's entirely possible that law enforcement found more remains than they say they have. There may be fiber evidence (i.e. carpet fibers) found, or evidence on one of the bones that shows an injury from a unique 'tool' that they're trying to locate. Lastly, I think it's possible that someone who visited the house may have seen something suspicious and told the police. (stepping off the soapbox).
BBM: Jumping off these two posts, it occurs to me that rather than the swabs being inconclusive, they might have actually found something, and it only recently came back (These things can get misplaced, or put at the bottom of the testing stack). Or that what they found in the swabs matched something they found on the remains found. That would give them cause to take more floor coverings and flooring. Or perhaps the shoe/sock/shirt had some evidence of the carpet/fireplace ash on it/in it mixed with something else.

And from the opposite end of the spectrum, could they be looking at the poker as a weapon that Dylan used to defend himself. Against whomever.

It pains me to think it...but perhaps some of the remains were charred, hence the collection of the fireplace poker?

Though the collection of carpet and floorboards seems more blood splatter related.

I wonder also about there being "a cell phone" collected. Whose?

It pains me to think it...but perhaps some of the remains were charred, hence the collection of the fireplace poker?

Though the collection of carpet and floorboards seems more blood splatter related.

I wonder also about there being "a cell phone" collected. Whose?

Could they have finally located Dylan's phone in the hole they dug? If so it had to be a tip or darn good luck with a metal detector.

I'm glad to see that LE continues to pursue the <modsnip> Dylan.

I'm curious to know how big was the hole dug out back?

I'm also thinking that they received reports back from the items found near Dylan's remains.

Or even better, someone is talking......

I am overjoyed to read this news. It tells me that LE KNOWS who their number one suspect is and they are still going after him. :cop: I think the floor boards were pryed open to see if any blood had soaked inside. JMO

Its good to see action again as i was worried this was not going anywhere. I dont get why Mark tells the world what LE did but at this stage it could be share arrogance as he is imo still free and its now been 9 months .

If MR knows the clues are not at the house, I can see him being cocky about the search.

I wonder LE believes that Middle mountain was not the murder site and are looking for possible proof that MR's house was the murder scene. As far as floorboards and holes in the yard, Bender said quite early that "somehow" Dylan got out of the house. Maybe they looked over all of the evidence and decided that they believe he actually didn't get out of the house. That more remains are hidden there.

Just speculating.

I totally missed that the fishing pole showed up. Does anyone have a link to that article? TIA.

This search is unusual in my opinion. What other case have police searched like this 9 months later? Why weren't these things done in Decemeber?. Did they get a tip so much later? If so where would it have come from? If you conduct a search for goodness sakes make it thorough the first time.

IIRC MR stated in his interview with Melissa Blasius that the furniture had been changed around. I doubt LE would have expected the father of a missing child to change furniture around at such a time, but it would mean different sections of the carpet/floor would need to be looked at now.

IMO its entirely probable that MR himself has unwittingly given LE the information that made them seek a new search warrant, he's been very vocal lately.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/home-of-dylan-redwines-father-searched-again

"The search warrant was executed Wednesday in cooperation with the FBI and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Sheriff Duke Schirard told the Durango Herald.

"It&#8217;s just follow up on the still wide-open investigation," Schirard said. "We continue to seek every lead that we can and follow up on every lead that we can.""

Maybe someone is talking. Or they evidence is talking. I take this to be a new lead.

JMO

they wouldn't be cutting out floorboards randomly, there's a reason why they've taken them

Fireplace poker. Maybe they found (graphic picture, sorry) the skull? Sorry about that. I do wish they would find anything possible to make an arrest. It's so ever obvious at times.

I have always thought that Mark talks first (other than out of arrogance and control) so that if things leak later he can say "I told you about that first. If it incriminated me would I have done that?"

I am so glad to see things moving on this case. I agree there is a reason for this new search. And it seems they were after very specific things. I am hopeful that they find something that leads to an arrest.

The cell phone intrigues me. They took phones in the first search, if I recall correctly. Is this a different one, and why take it now?

I also wonder if the floorboards and carpet are related to results of the earlier swabs they took. That would make sense to me. And their taking the poker, which you have to assume was there before and not taken, makes me wonder if they did find evidence of a wound mark on one of the bones they found.

I am so glad to see things moving on this case. I agree there is a reason for this new search. And it seems they were after very specific things. I am hopeful that they find something that leads to an arrest.

The cell phone intrigues me. They took phones in the first search, if I recall correctly. Is this a different one, and why take it now?

I also wonder if the floorboards and carpet are related to results of the earlier swabs they took. That would make sense to me. And their taking the poker, which you have to assume was there before and not taken, makes me wonder if they did find evidence of a wound mark on one of the bones they found.

I think they took his cell phone because he took videos with it on posted them online. Maybe they are other videos that weren't posted that may be of interest to the investigators? Just a guess.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/mark-redwine-facebook_n_3684566.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member