Searching for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
kyresearcher said:
DrDoogie, the name Seka that you were referring to, did you see it spelled out or did someone just say the name to you and that is the way the spelling sounded to you? This inquiry has something to do with the name I sent you on the unclaimed money for Anna.
I have several letters between Seka and the two Georges where she signs her name as Seka. There also is a letter written by Brody to Seka's family where he refers to her as Seka, so that seems to be her proper name.

(As I write this, it dawns on me that Brody may have addressed the letter to "Mr. & Mrs. ________". Heck, I may know the last name. Let me check right now...)

No luck - Brody addressed the letters to her family as "Dear Friends". No address other than references to "Beograd".

I rereading the correspondence, it appears that Seka first arrived in San Francisco from Yugoslavia in 1976. Brody refers to her also by a nickname of "Little Tito". Shortly after her arrival, it appears that she began to drift away from Brody's influence, causing him to warn her about the emotional damage that would occur to her if he were to break ties with her (the ego of this man was stunning).

Dr. Doogie said:
As I continue to review the contents of the Box From Hell, I have come across a letter where GW was attempting to be hired at a clinic for alcohol treatment. I will review which clinic it was and see if there are any Synanon connections.
He was lobbying a Dr. Richard Shore with the Bureau of Alcoholism, 101 Grove Street, SF, CA. It appears that this is a city agency, not a private organization that may have ties to Synanon. The letter is dated August 6, 1970.

I have found an interesting handwritten note in the Box From Hell. Some words are undeciperable, but here it is in its entirity:

Plan

1. Contact (undecipherable, looks like "mome") (a p with a line above it) Final arrangements (a c with a line above it) L's have been made. Jan 1973

2. Apply for $100.000 (a c with a line above it) A.C.E. as B (scribbled out word)

3. 3 months later negotiate increase to 5. (undecipherable, looks like "slils") ACE

4. 3 mos later change B.

What is interesting is that this note outlines a plan where the "final arrangements" conclude with something happening in January 1973, the month and year that Anna disappeared. This plan also includes applying for a sum of money (either $100.00 with one too many zeros behind the decimal or $100,000 with a period instead of a comma in the number). It appears the plan was to apply as Brody, then change the name on the loan three months later (which does not make a lot of sense, but that was apparently the plan).

The symbols used in the note appear to be shorthand. Is anyone out there familar with these symbols?

I am also posting these last few posts in the thread concerning GW and GB so as to keep all of the info concerning them in one place.

Dr. Doogie said:
He was lobbying a Dr. Richard Shore with the Bureau of Alcoholism, 101 Grove Street, SF, CA. It appears that this is a city agency, not a private organization that may have ties to Synanon. The letter is dated August 6, 1970.
Dr.Doogie,

Is there a possibility that Anna was raised in Synanon? From what I have read about GW & GB, I can certainly see where they could have been involved with Synanon.

This link will take you to the public view of The Synanon Museum which has tons of pictures http://www.synanon.org/Synanon/Museum/Museum.cfm

I found this photo at the Synanon site. I know that it is a long shot but I can see a likeness to Anna. This picture was taken in 1974.

A comparrison to Anna & the little girl at Synanon

WOW WOW WOW I can hardly wait to hear what Anna's Mom thinks of this comparison. Personally I'm in awe!

There is a Lena Lindsay mentioned in the pictures in 1959, she appeared young then. She is mentioned again in 2003, much older appearance, maybe had been with them the whole time?

What is the deal with the wedding/group weddings?

Very interesting site. Nice find. I note that there is a place to sign in. I wonder what makes a person eligible to sign up? There is no explanation, so I am wondering if it is open?

Edited to add: I found the answer about the weddings.

Skywatchn that is a good observations... can anyone make out the name on the box that is pulled out (as in just got their shoes out of the box)?????

Good question PT. But don't put too much emphasis on it, as some kids are good about closing drawers and some aren't. The little girl could have been good at closing her slot, or drawer.

Agreed Mysteriew. I am not going to put any emphasis on anything until Anna's mom sees the pic! I am curious though.....

skywatchn said:
If you notice in the pic on the sight you can read a box with the name "Christian " on it. Looks like this could be where the kids put their shoes.

It almost looks like the boxes are in alphabetical order. So the box pulled out might have a name beginning somewhere from "J" to "N"

petra said:
Do you see the name on the box below *Christian*...possible Anna *Christian* Waters?

just a thought..

great find shadow:)
LOL...we are all finding it at the same time:eek:

looks to me like shoe boxes..and no shoes in Christian's box...could be shadows though.

The Child's name is Molly - or at least that's what's on the bib of her coveralls.

There was a guy named William Olin who wrote a book called "Escape from Utopia". The book is supposed to be a pretty fair, non sensationalized story about Synanon. He was there during the '70's. There is also a girl named Deborah Swisher who entered there as a child with her mother. She did a show in NY about Synanon. She would have been a teen during the '70's. Her mother remained there for 10 years after she left. She seems a little more biasised toward Synanon. Wonder if we could make contact with them?

http://www.rickross.com/reference/synanon/synanon2.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0913300535/103-8022371-1860651?v=glance&n=283155

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500