Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read rideforfuns post to ask if anyone has spoken with LE that had investigated the break ins the informant had mentioned. Not necesarily the detective assigned to Anna's case. Have the investigators who handled the break ins ever been contacted?

I read rideforfuns post to ask if anyone has spoken with LE that had investigated the break ins the informant had mentioned. Not necesarily the detective assigned to Anna's case. Have the investigators who handled the break ins ever been contacted?
As far as I know, there was never any police involvement in the "informant" situation. There was no break-in and the woman thought the man with the little girl was somehow involved with her father's property. Her recollections came back to her because of a story the local paper ran in September, 2006, after Doogie and I distributed flyers along Purisima Creek Road. Our book, Searching for Anna, tells about this report on Pages 196 and 197 and adds "It is difficult to discount this informant's story, but also difficult to know where to take it."

Thank you Anna's mom. I must be getting something mixed up regarding the break ins rideforfun mentioned and confusing that info with already confirmed break ins which occured in informants general area about the time of her recollection with the possible sighting of Anna. (Or I am mixing something up and there were break in's around the general area of the farm about the time Anna went missing).

rideforfun, can you help and expand? TY!

Thank you Anna's mom. I must be getting something mixed up regarding the break ins rideforfun mentioned and confusing that info with already confirmed break ins which occured in informants general area about the time of her recollection with the possible sighting of Anna. (Or I am mixing something up and there were break in's around the general area of the farm about the time Anna went missing).

rideforfun, can you help and expand? TY!

Actually, you remember correctly, Cubby. The "informant" said there had been lots of break-ins in the neighborhood. I looked at the local newspaper's archives and found several stories about break-ins leading up to the time the woman said she saw Anna. There was also at least one near the farm. The sheriff's office then put in a substation in Moss Beach and there were no more reports of break-ins after that.

TY Annasmom, I thought senility was setting in for me already, lol. Ok, to rephrase this, I think rideforfuns suggestion was pertaining to someone(sherlock as 'rff' suggested) contacting possibly retired LE who were involved in the investigation of those break ins. Was the "bill" that the tipster recognized ever considered a suspect in any of those break ins? Was that angle ever pursued? Or was there enough information on the description of the possible suspect(s) for the break ins "ruled out" based on the physical description of the man with Anna provided by the 'tipster'?

I hope this makes sense, my written skills can suck at times. ;)

If it hasn't, imo, it's worth a shot. If for nothing else than a rule out.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking... :crazy: :crosseyed:

oh but you can again once Lent is over, no? lol :crazy:
Or we can send some of that non alcoholic beer, I hear some of them are pretty good. ;)

TY Annasmom, I thought senility was setting in for me already, lol. Ok, to rephrase this, I think rideforfuns suggestion was pertaining to someone(sherlock as 'rff' suggested) contacting possibly retired LE who were involved in the investigation of those break ins. Was the "bill" that the tipster recognized ever considered a suspect in any of those break ins? Was that angle ever pursued? Or was there enough information on the description of the possible suspect(s) for the break ins "ruled out" based on the physical description of the man with Anna provided by the 'tipster'?

I hope this makes sense, my written skills can suck at times. ;)

If it hasn't, imo, it's worth a shot. If for nothing else than a rule out.
I have to defer to Sherlock on this one. All I know is from the old Half Moon Bay Reviews, which didn't have names of LE...and I wouldn't know how to begin finding out names of sheriff's department employees of 1973. BTW I think your writing skills are fine!

Annasmom, I just wanted to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I bought your book Searching for Anna about a month ago and I had no idea when I read it that there was a thread on it here at WS. I pray you find the answers you long for!

Also I was wondering, sometimes when I buy these books and I'm reading about someone's such horrible pain and tragedy I kinda feel guilty that I'm reading it. So I was wondering what your thoughts on this was, I mean you wrote the book so you obviously intended people to read it but if you don't mind could you share your thoughts on that process?

Annasmom, I just wanted to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I bought your book Searching for Anna about a month ago and I had no idea when I read it that there was a thread on it here at WS. I pray you find the answers you long for!

Also I was wondering, sometimes when I buy these books and I'm reading about someone's such horrible pain and tragedy I kinda feel guilty that I'm reading it. So I was wondering what your thoughts on this was, I mean you wrote the book so you obviously intended people to read it but if you don't mind could you share your thoughts on that process?

That's actually a really amazing question, because for years I would not talk about Anna's disappearance, thinking that I did not want to cause other people grief and suffering. Even today, I wish sometimes I could just produce Anna out of thin air not just for myself and the family but also because so many people have tried to help us find her and I would like for their prayers to be answered! Yesterday I was talking to Doogie on the phone and I felt so bad about his obvious frustration with the search.

We all go through mountains and valleys in our lives, and often somebody else's valleys seem unimaginably tragic to us, especially if we are sensitive to other people's feelings, as you seem to be. In the search for Anna, time and again we come up against a solid wall of confusion or unknowing, but if we don't keep trying, we will never know that, no, she wasn't there, or no, that particular thing did not happen.

I think mostly I wrote the book to get everything I knew about the case down on paper, lest I forget or confuse things. Then with Doogie's and Sherlock's help, I re-wrote and expanded on it. I think that when bad things happen to us, they do not happen in order to punish us, but so that we will have empathy for others who have been through similar things.

Whether or not I find Anna again in this lifetime, I know that her spirit is alive somewhere, and that no matter how or when we are reunited, it will be in God's time and we will know each other.

Thank you Annasmom. I think I'm going to cry now, and pray. :prayer: For your Anna and the many others out there that are still missing. I am so happy that you have your faith and belief in God still intact. I know many others who would blame him but your understanding is a blessing.

I've posted before about how I am in touch with most of the people who were around the farm in January, 1973, but up until now there was one person I had lost touch with because he lives in Turkey. Amazingly, I got in touch with him through Facebook yesterday and told him about the book. He took the photograph of Anna in Golden Gate Park with the horse.

I've posted before about how I am in touch with most of the people who were around the farm in January, 1973, but up until now there was one person I had lost touch with because he lives in Turkey. Amazingly, I got in touch with him through Facebook yesterday and told him about the book. He took the photograph of Anna in Golden Gate Park with the horse.

Very, very cool Mikie. FB definitely reunites. loveya xox;)

Could someone please direct me to Parts 1 & 2 of this thread? I have read all the other threads listed on the forum, but it seems that Parts 1 & 2 are missing, therefore making Part 3 difficult to get started on. (It looks like there is a LOT of information not on the other threads that are mentioned on this thread, so I cannot follow what is going on prior to this thread being started.)

Thank you very much in advance.

By the way, I am extremely intrigued by Anna's story. I would love to be able to read ALL that has been posted so that I can try to get my brain in gear to possibly help in some way to bring this daughter home to her very loving family.

Could someone please direct me to Parts 1 & 2 of this thread? I have read all the other threads listed on the forum, but it seems that Parts 1 & 2 are missing, therefore making Part 3 difficult to get started on. (It looks like there is a LOT of information not on the other threads that are mentioned on this thread, so I cannot follow what is going on prior to this thread being started.)

Thank you very much in advance.

By the way, I am extremely intrigued by Anna's story. I would love to be able to read ALL that has been posted so that I can try to get my brain in gear to possibly help in some way to bring this daughter home to her very loving family.

Cleo, welcome. When you log on, there are two pages of topics; parts one and two are on the second page (click on the bottom of the first page). These threads are locked so that no further posts can be made on them, but of course you can still read them. They got so long that they were continued on the part you have read.If you are not signed in, only the most recent threads are listed. There is also a synopsis of the case at www.searchingforanna. com. Thank you for your good wishes.

Cleo, welcome. When you log on, there are two pages of topics; parts one and two are on the second page (click on the bottom of the first page). These threads are locked so that no further posts can be made on them, but of course you can still read them. They got so long that they were continued on the part you have read.If you are not signed in, only the most recent threads are listed. There is also a synopsis of the case at www.searchingforanna. com. Thank you for your good wishes.

Thank you, Annasmom. Actually, I am only able to bring up the first page of topics and for some reason it is only showing about 10-12 threads, with no indication that there is a second page.

I was able to find the other threads by doing a search for Anna Christian Waters, though, so I am now in the process of catching up on the older/previous threads.

Such intrigue!

I do have a question that I have not seen posted thus far (I am almost completely through Searching for Anna, Part 2--finished Part 1 last night). I have also read through a few of the shorter threads.

I read that on the day that Anna went missing you had visitors from San Francisco, however I have not seen any notation as to what time they left your home and how that relates to when Craig showed up at your door. If my memory serves me correctly, this couple brought a new baby with them.

Are you still in contact with them? Have they been asked if they saw anything or anyone as they were leaving your home?

As soon as I get caught up with reading through the threads, I will post some of my thoughts. (I don't wish to do so at this point, as many of the things that I have considered have already been brought up and there is no point in rehashing things that have been ruled out.)

Thank you in advance for any further insight you can provide on these visitors.

I do have a question that I have not seen posted thus far (I am almost completely through Searching for Anna, Part 2--finished Part 1 last night). I have also read through a few of the shorter threads.

I read that on the day that Anna went missing you had visitors from San Francisco, however I have not seen any notation as to what time they left your home and how that relates to when Craig showed up at your door. If my memory serves me correctly, this couple brought a new baby with them.

Are you still in contact with them? Have they been asked if they saw anything or anyone as they were leaving your home?

Cleo, I am in touch almost daily with the mother of this couple and with the "baby", who of course is now a grown man. Recently I was able to contact the father, who lives abroad, and let him know about the internet material on Anna. They did leave before Craig showed up, but they didn't notice anything unusual as they left the farm. They even checked the trunk of their car when they learned that Anna had gone missing, lest she had somehow stowed away.

Cleo, I am in touch almost daily with the mother of this couple and with the "baby", who of course is now a grown man. Recently I was able to contact the father, who lives abroad, and let him know about the internet material on Anna. They did leave before Craig showed up, but they didn't notice anything unusual as they left the farm. They even checked the trunk of their car when they learned that Anna had gone missing, lest she had somehow stowed away.

Annasmom,

Thank you for responding. It clears that question up for me.

I have been diligently reading everything on the forum. I have just finished reading the "Who was George Brody?" and the "BFH" threads and now have a multitude of other questions. I have jotted them down and am going to list them here.

It would be great if someone could answer them for me, at their leisure, of course, as there are many.

1. It was mentioned that GW was seeing a psychiatrist. Has this person ever been contacted to see if they would divulge any information on his/her dealings with GW, and especially if GW ever mentioned GB to this person?

2. On the GB thread, post #181, it was noted that there were rent receipts dated 7-7-66 through 1-10-67. Then there was another receipt dated 7-7-67 that was paid by Brody. Why was there a 6 month gap in those receipts?

3. On the GB thread, post #478, it says "M.M." and not what I thought would have been "M.K." Was Margaret's name by some chance Mary Margaret?

4. What happened to the remainder of GW's estate? Surely, he and GB had not completely gone through all of GW's money at the time of their respective deaths.

5. When and where did you first meet GB?

6. On the BFH thread, post #117, GW apparently signed for an insurance policy with a surname other than his own. I believe that this was one of the Lloyd's of London policies. Is it possible to check with Lloyd's to see if they have any record of this policy to see what name GW signed to this policy?

7. You said that GW had applied for conscientious objector status for the draft, but that this was denied. Do you recall when this application was made?

8. On the BFH thread (I forgot to write down the post number, sorry), you mentioned that you were going to place an advertisement of sorts into the San Francisco Chronicle to try and find out the true identity of GB. Did you ever do this?

9. On the BFH thread, post #484, on the 3rd letter that you attached, GB signed the letter as "Georg(i)e." This seems to be a very personal nickname, and one that would only be used when speaking to someone with whom he had a very close relationship. Just an observation on my part.

10. On the BFH thread, post #575, I am wondering if Yugoslavia might have certain requirements for obtaining a passport--in other words, would they have to list a sponsor in the foreign country to which they wish to travel, prior to their travel?

11. On the BFH thread, post #614, it is noted that GB originally wanted for Anna's name to be "Christiana Benedo Waters." Does this name "Benedo" mean anything to anyone? Has anyone investigated the name "George Benedo?" I find it interesting that he would have chosen such a "Christian" name as "Christiana," especially since you have stated that he was not a church-going type.

This is all that I have for right now. I am still trying to read through the rest of threads. I am getting ready to read through the theory threads to see what else I can come up with as far as questions or thoughts.

I will be back!

Annasmom,

Thank you for responding. It clears that question up for me....

This is all that I have for right now. I am still trying to read through the rest of threads. I am getting ready to read through the theory threads to see what else I can come up with as far as questions or thoughts.

I will be back!

Cleo, I am printing out your questions and will try to answer them as I am able. Thank you for your interest and for your fresh look at this mysterious story.

I will be back!

Snipped for length. Welcome to WS cleo- well, I missread the year you joined, welcome to Annas forum. Those were some good questions and several I don't recall being asked, or reading about either here or in the book.

Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member