Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a long visit yesterday with Anna's kindergarten teacher, who came to see me, bringing some wonderful homemade jam and also a story I had asked for. She is retired now, but still very involved with education-related projects, friends and family. When I learned a couple of weeks ago that she had not read Searching for Anna (she didn't know the exact title or my maiden name and thus couldn't find the book on Amazon), I ordered a copy for her. She brought me a story, "Three Girls", she had written for a workshop. It was about Anna and the two other girls who went missing from the same kindergarten class.

I must stress the fact that the three incidences are not related in any way except that all the girls were in the same kindergarten class. I knew very little about the one case and nothing about the other. Obviously it had been painful for Mrs. R to write this story, and it was painful to read, even though I wanted to read it. For one thing, I don't think I realized the extent to which the first "news" story in the Half Moon Bay Review (with so many errors and misstatements of facts) influenced people to simply write off Anna's disappearance and to assume she had drowned in the creek.

The emotional trauma to the kindergartners was much greater than I had realized. Mrs. R did not assume that Anna drowned, and on the contrary mentioned some things such as a cattle catcher in Purisima Creek "like a giant wooden comb placed across the stream to prevent a steer...from being washed into the ocean". "Anna's small body could not have slipped through," she wrote.

Mrs. R was hesitant to show me the story, because I think she knew how I would react. "Read this later," she said. But I welcomed another point of view, especially one from someone Anna liked so much and would surely remember. Once again I was grateful that Anna's brief sojourn in kindergarten brought her into contact with a Wise Woman in the person of this teacher.

Thanks for sharing Annasmom. Is there a way we readers here can read "Three Girls"? Is it available linked online or can it be ordered? It would be of interest to me, and I believe others here, to 'see' this from another perspective, if it is possible. If it is not available, perhaps Anna's kindergarten teacher would agree to have the story scanned and even added to a photo bucket account, or other online way to share documents, making the story available to those following Anna's story to read online.

Thank you.

The Vanished Children's Alliance, which has operated out of San Jose, California, is closing down at the end of this month. This organization is listed in Searching for Anna as a possible resource, so WebSleuths members may wish to note that the group has announced that it has to close. We appreciate the VSA's assistance in publicizing our case.

Hi everyone,

Here is a picture of Phillip Garrido in 1968 when he was in high school and a picture of his high school sweetheart who later became his first wife.

Scroll down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1210720/Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-father-vows-kill-sick-animal-Phillip-Garrido-held-captive-18-years.html
I'm amazed that this British paper has so much information and so many pictures about this case which have not been published by our local newspapers. And I think it's really scary that Nancy worked in a nursing home.

Oh my gosh - Annasmom - I am here day and night now and can't get Anna's story out of my head! I twist and turn and think about this and that possibility...I CANNOT imagine what you have been through! Once, somewhere on one of the hundreds of threads I've read here, you mentioned that Anna sometimes said funny things and that she told you that she wanted to change her name to Brandy. I can't get that out of my mind. I have a toddler so I know these little people come up with all sorts of crazy notions but, but, but very often their notions are based on something they have seen or heard...Have you or anyone else here ever thought to look into variations of Anna's/her father's name with "Brandy" incorporated???

I know that many people have googled and searched for years and don't want start up a search that may have already been done...

I'm amazed that this British paper has so much information and so many pictures about this case which have not been published by our local newspapers. And I think it's really scary that Nancy worked in a nursing home.
LOL. I'm embarassed to admit this but I love the gossip rags! And the British ones are truely the bestl...More often than not they get the "inside scoop" even on American celebrities before their US counterparts manage to get out their version and MANY times they get access to pics that the US mags don't. I'm not sure how it all works but this is something I've seen countless times. In fact, given that GW may have travelled, it might not be a bad idea to send Anna's story along to one or two UK magazines.

JMO

Oh my gosh - Annasmom - I am here day and night now and can't get Anna's story out of my head! I twist and turn and think about this and that possibility...I CANNOT imagine what you have been through! Once, somewhere on one of the hundreds of threads I've read here, you mentioned that Anna sometimes said funny things and that she told you that she wanted to change her name to Brandy. I can't get that out of my mind. I have a toddler so I know these little people come up with all sorts of crazy notions but, but, but very often their notions are based on something they have seen or heard...Have you or anyone else here ever thought to look into variations of Anna's/her father's name with "Brandy" incorporated???

I know that many people have googled and searched for years and don't want start up a search that may have already been done...
Pink Panther, there was a popular song in 1972 called "Brandy, You're a Fine Girl"...one of the WebSleuths came up with this, and we think Anna probably heard it on the radio on the school bus. This is just one example of the astonishing things WS has come up with, because I never heard of the song myself!

Can't find the link that I wanted to add to my original post!

She brought me a story, "Three Girls", she had written for a workshop. It was about Anna and the two other girls who went missing from the same kindergarten class.

I must stress the fact that the three incidences are not related in any way except that all the girls were in the same kindergarten class. I knew very little about the one case and nothing about the other. Obviously it had been painful for Mrs. R to write this story, and it was painful to read, even though I wanted to read it. .

Oh my gosh. This is one thing I never realized. Could you explain the other 2 incidents please? How can you be sure they are not related. 3 girls in the same class go missing in the same year...how can that be? I've been following Anna's case for several years and this is shocking news to me.

Oh my gosh. This is one thing I never realized. Could you explain the other 2 incidents please? How can you be sure they are not related. 3 girls in the same class go missing in the same year...how can that be? I've been following Anna's case for several years and this is shocking news to me.
One of the cases is mentioned in the book. The parents sent me a letter; the little girl apparently fell on a trail near home and drowned in a small puddle. This happened some time in the first half of 1973. The other little girl was in a house fire on the third day of school, which would have been fall of 1972 (I hadn't known about this case either.)
I'm sorry I don't know any of the names or details beyond this.

Anna either:

1. Drowned in the creek and was never found.
2. Was lured to the road and driven off.
3. Was lured to a neighboring house and then taken to another location to avoid detection.

Are there any other possible scenarios?

Throwing the gauntlet here...

ETA - I have to add a fourth and most unusual possibility because it is part of my family's heritage. My son's Grandmother lived in a remote/rural part of our country as a child (still does) and when she was 7-8 she was walking to school and encountered a mule. (Not a horse but could have been.) She approached the mule and went to stroke it and was kicked in the face by it. She lay in a ditch for a full day before regaining consciousness and straggling her way to the nearest home she could find. Meanwhile, her family had been searching everywhere for her! They had even covered the area where she awoke from.

Anna either:

3. Was lured to a neighboring house and then taken to another location to avoid detection.

Are there any other possible scenarios?

Throwing the gauntlet here...

ETA - I have to add a fourth and most unusual possibility because it is part of my family's heritage. My son's Grandmother lived in a remote/rural part of our country as a child (still does) and when she was 7-8 she was walking to school and encountered a mule. (Not a horse but could have been.) She approached the mule and went to stroke it and was kicked in the face by it. She lay in a ditch for a full day before regaining consciousness and straggling her way to the nearest home she could find. Meanwhile, her family had been searching everywhere for her! They had even covered the area where she awoke from.

Doogie or Maureen, would you answer Pink Panther's question here? Thank you.

Doogie or Maureen, would you answer Pink Panther's question here? Thank you.

Wow, this is a difficult question to answer. I'm hoping that Annasmom is passing this on to us because she may be busy with many media calls. Pink Panther, your guess is as good as ours. Your 4th scenerio about such an accident is possible, however no one has seen her since.

Anna either:

This remains a possibility, but is highly unlikely. The creek was explored several times immediately after Anna's disappearance and in the weeks following. The brush in and around the creek was so dense that it is unlikely that a 40 pound body could have made it to the sea without snagging first. And boats searched the sea at the mouth of the creek with no sign of a body.

This is the most likely scenario in my opinion - either by GW and GB (or associates) or by another predator (the couple in the car?).

Unlikely since the other houses on the property were searched and the residents there were not the sort that would have been involved in taking Anna. Annasmom has maintained contact with her former neighbors over the years and they all genuinely wonder what happened to Anna.

Are there any other possible scenarios? (Accidentally knocked out / killed)...

The area for quite a distance was searched by Sheriffs, neighbors, friends, Boy Scouts and search dogs. No sign of Anna was found other than the dogs following a faint trail that went upstream then ended. If she had been injured or killed in this scenario, she would have been found rather quickly - she would have been close to home.

I realize that this is ground that you have probably all covered over and over again and I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Thank you.

:)

I realize that this is ground that you have probably all covered over and over again and I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Thank you.

:)
Pink Panther, it is really good to have fresh eyes on this case, and we appreciate your time and interest.

Thanks for sharing Annasmom. Is there a way we readers here can read "Three Girls"? Is it available linked online or can it be ordered? It would be of interest to me, and I believe others here, to 'see' this from another perspective, if it is possible. If it is not available, perhaps Anna's kindergarten teacher would agree to have the story scanned and even added to a photo bucket account, or other online way to share documents, making the story available to those following Anna's story to read online.

Thank you.

I can't even imagine...3 little girls from one class...those poor children..and their classmates...they must have been completely traumatized!!!!! (not to mention their teacher and families..)

Cubby pointed out to me yesterday that I spell the name of Anna's case worker at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children several different ways in various posts. I told her that it must be a matter of typing faster than I can think, since certainly I want to spell Gerald Nance's (Jerry) name right. He has been an enormous help and support for years.

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Births, Deaths and Marriages keep a record of how many times a copy of a birth cert is issued, when they are issued and who ordered the copy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500