Second Suspect Arrested: BO DUKES

So - locals haven't heard anything new on a court date for this guy?

TIA! :)

Well, I spoke to soon - or is that "typed" too soon....

Bo Dukes makes first court appearance in Warner Robins

WARNER ROBINS, Ga. -- Accused rapist Bo Dukes is in jail and has made his first court appearance.

According to the magistrate court office in Houston County, Dukes -- also indicted in the Tara Grinstead murder case -- appeared Sunday before a judge where his charges were read and his bond was denied.
[.....]
Dukes is currently charged with Rape, Aggravated Sodomy, False Imprisonment, and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.

Since the above doesn't have next court date - and I can't read this one:

Bo Dukes now in custody at Houston Co. Detention Center

does that maybe have a next court date?
TIA! :)

and this just came in....

Judge denies bond for Bo Dukes, attorneys discuss what’s next

Now that Bo Dukes has been captured, the question everyone wants to know is, what will happen next?

Right now, officials said Dukes is in Houston County Jail where Warner Robins police have him in custody for an alleged rape incident on New Year’s Day.

Recently, a federal judge ordered Dukes to go back to federal prison after his supervised release was revoked in a federal charge of conspiracy to steal government property.

A Ben Hill County Superior Court judge also issued a bench warrant on Dukes in connection to the Tara Grinstead case after they said he failed to appear in court on Jan. 3 on concealing a death of another, tampering with evidence and hindering apprehension or punishment of a criminal charges in that case.

District Attorney Brad Rigby said as of now, further prosecution on the Grinstead case is to be determined.

“Generally, a federal order will take precedence over anything in the state. There’s a federal order for him to report to federal prison. So until that’s handled, we can’t answer any other questions because we don’t know,” explained Rigby.

The district attorneys also added that Dukes is supposed to surrender this Wednesday for federal probation.
[.....]
"At present there is a federal order for him to report to the feds into the federal system and until that is handled, we can’t answer any questions as to what will happen on the state level,” said Rigby.

“I hope they get a fair trial or whatever is coming up, that they can find out exactly what happened,” said the anonymous resident.

Officials said Dukes waived the appearance at the first appearance hearing, but was still denied bond on all charges.

and another article on same page says he'll serve 6 months in federal custody.

Bo Dukes in state custody; set to serve six months in federal prison

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Bo Dukes is currently in state custody and will eventually be turned over to federal custody, according to the U.S. Attorneys for the Middle District of Georgia office.

Federal marshals have a detainer, or hold, placed on Dukes, 34. According to officials, this means when Dukes is released from state custody, he will be taken into federal custody.
[.....]
Dukes will complete six months in federal prison, as part of his revoked supervised release, officials said.

So when will he be released from state custody?

If he served at Fort Stewart He was near Ludowicia. Ft Stewart is a very rural bases thousand of acres of forrest land for military training. He could be involved in other disappearances and the body could never been found if disposed of on the base.

If he served at Fort Stewart He was near Ludowicia. Ft Stewart is a very rural bases thousand of acres of forrest land for military training. He could be involved in other disappearances and the body could never been found if disposed of on the base.
Just found this, I knew he was in Savannah at some point, so far the MOody girl was missing in December 2007........not sure about the Hall girl...........sure made ya wonder, all this he's into, I wouldnt have suspected he'd be crime free of this sexual nature crimes for 14 years.. but he could have been home on visits at christmas??? when did he meet his first wife and where? She is from midway right by ludowici
July, 2007

• Bo is back in Rochelle, GA
August, 2007

• Bo departs for Daegu, South Korea, where he stays for a year.

HOLD NOW

Bo gets married to Emily at some point in 2007 or 2008. this is from the timeline online

SO maybe HE WAS in Midway in 2007 and surrounding is Ludowici and HInesville

If he married her he was dating her, she is from there........but also in Army but stationed in Savannah and still lives there

Just found this, I knew he was in Savannah at some point, so far the MOody girl was missing in December 2007........not sure about the Hall girl...........sure made ya wonder, all this he's into, I wouldnt have suspected he'd be crime free of this sexual nature crimes for 14 years.. but he could have been home on visits at christmas??? when did he meet his first wife and where? She is from midway right by ludowici
July, 2007

• Bo is back in Rochelle, GA
August, 2007

• Bo departs for Daegu, South Korea, where he stays for a year.

THEN

August, 2008

• Bo moves from Daegu, South Korea to Ft. Stewart, GA. - joined an infantry battalion.

• so did he visit Ft Stewart during 2007? He met his first wife while in the Army and she is from Midway, I dont know all her military locations but I know she and Bo lived in Savannah in 2011 ish due to the stealing of army equipment and charged i think in 2013
and he probaly came home for christmas, maybe the first wife and he were in traiing together ?? and then both came back, and they dating in 2007 they visited her family in Midway area too

HMMMM..........

HOLD NOW

Bo gets married to Emily at some point in 2007 or 2008. this is from the timeline online

SO maybe HE WAS in Midway in 2007 and surrounding is Ludowici and HInesville

If he married her he was dating her, she is from there........but also in Army but stationed in Savannah and still lives there

The other girl that went missing in NOv 2017 was known to travel from Alma/bacon co to ludowici often

Did Bo have any leave during the holidays??

too close for comfort but IDK

Intersting map tho

Google Maps

THEN

August, 2008

• Bo moves from Daegu, South Korea to Ft. Stewart, GA. - joined an infantry battalion.

• so did he visit Ft Stewart during 2007? He met his first wife while in the Army and she is from Midway, I dont know all her military locations but I know she and Bo lived in Savannah in 2011 ish due to the stealing of army equipment and charged i think in 2013
and he probaly came home for christmas, maybe the first wife and he were in traiing together ?? and then both came back, and they dating in 2007 they visited her family in Midway area too

HMMMM..........

No words to express my joy at his continued incarceration.
Is the cancellation of his hearing a good thing? I've seen hearings postponed in criminal cases, but never cancelled unless it was a bond hearing and bond had already been denied earlier, or if the suspect committed suicide while in jail..

Just FYI- family of his lived in Brunswick GA from 2010- 2017- which is very close to Ludowici. There are also vacation homes around the area over here as well

Jan 4, 2019

A brief legal history of Bo Dukes, the man accused of hiding Tara Grinstead's body
Courtrooms are not unfamiliar places for Dukes

As far as 13WMAZ knows, Bo Dukes' history in the court system began back in 2013 when he pleaded guilty to stealing more than $150,000 from the Army.

He served 27 months in federal prison for that crime and was sentenced to 3 years of probation.

In 2017, he was arrested and charged with hiding Tara Grinstead's body. Later that year, he was also charged with lying to the Georgia Bureau of Investigations in connection with that case.

However, Dukes has only been convicted on the federal theft charge.

Attorney Lars Anderson says that limits the role the Tara Grinstead-related charges may have played in Dukes' federal case proceedings.

"By the constitution as we all know the great phrase 'you're innocent until you're proven guilty,'" said Anderson.

Still, in November of 2018, a federal judge ordered Dukes back to prison after he ruled that dukes violated the terms of his federal probation.

So why was Dukes out in Bonaire on New Year's Day of 2019 when he allegedly assaulted two women?

It comes down to a two-word legal term: voluntary surrender.
[...]
Thursday night, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced in light of Dukes' charges in Bonaire, a federal judge has revoked Dukes' voluntary surrender which means when U.S. marshals locate Dukes, he'll head directly back to federal prison.

A brief legal history of Bo Dukes, the man accused of hiding Tara Grinstead's body

I have always believed that Bo Dukes killed Tara and Ryan Duke was the fall guy. Likely, Dukes and Duke knew Ryan Duke was in very ill health, and his family was almost destitute.

The likely deal went down as " Hey, you're gonna die soon, so let me take care of your mama and your girl with $25,000 ( or more, IDK) and you plead guilty to Tara's murder, and I'll say I helped YOU destroy her body".

Bo Dukes is the key to Tara's murder, IMO. Not Ryan Duke, but the DA's going to take the low hanging fruit, Ryan Duke, and not try Bo Dukes for her murder as well.

While I totally understand that two people actually are not the murderers of one person, only one person causes the direct death of another person, I truly do think it's Bo Dukes. He had the most, he had the most to lose until recently, and I believe he also wanted years of crimes left in the dark.

Tara deserves absolute justice, not what the DA believes he can get a conviction on from the wrong man. Ryan Duke said he was too wasted to remember much, so likely Bo Dukes has been in control of the crimescene and Ryan Duke's statements from the beginning.

I know I've said this several times, but I believed for as long as the two men were implicated in her murder/ destruction of her corpse that the two had worked out a financial deal to help Ryan's family, because he is one more physically ill young man.

Bo Dukes is a psychopath, most likely, so I'd think he's the one who killed Tara in her house after hours of abuse and torture, not, as Ryan Duke's said it happened that he was there to rob her and hit her on the head. Nope, I believe there were sex crimes involved and Bo Dukes is the perpetrator of that part, the murder, and obviously the obliteration of his DNA from her body by destroying her corpse, which is so horrific I can't even imagine.

Please, let justice be done for Tara. This is just backwards and half of the crimes against her are being left out- I don't think there's any way she wasn't sexually assaulted prior to death or immediately postmortem and this fits Bo Dukes profile, not blind drunk Ryan Duke's made up story to cover for Bo.

Respectfully, IMO.

@Suglo - can you get into Georgia court sites, or is this the one you have to pay to "see"?

Well then again it doesn't matter, as Dukes is in Federal custody serving his time for that charge....

@Suglo - can you get into Georgia court sites, or is this the one you have to pay to "see"?

Well then again it doesn't matter, as Dukes is in Federal custody serving his time for that charge....
I actually looked the other day when I saw you asking if anyone could find the info on the court site. All I could find was centralized pay per view system for their courts. Let me do a little more research and I’ll let you know. I unfortunately don’t currently have access to Lexis Nexis or the federal system in that area. I only have access to the courts within the Ninth Appellate Federal District.

Found a free general case index system. There are 12 cases against him in the Houston County Superior Court. He was arraigned on all 12 on February 27, 2019. There is no other docket information available other than that for now. The cases are as follows:

-1 for rape
-2 for aggravated sodomy
-2 for kidnapping
-2 for aggravated assault
-4 for possession of firearm/knife commission of crime
-1 for possession of firearm/knife by convicted felon

The link to do a search below:

http://online.houstoncountyga.org:8011/mrcjava/servlet/MRCPUBLIC.I00190s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online